Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ExRM v4.0 Open Beta bug thread

Default Re: ExRM v4.0 Open Beta bug thread

Quote Originally Posted by caldarium View Post
    A few of the Roman family members start the campaign with no military service (student, tribune, etc). They therefore cannot progress through the ranks - surely a fatal blow to Roman virtue!
    I just assumed they were the lazy dead beat cousin. . . every family has one

ya the crash was caused by the city trying to revolt, just sent a few more troops there.

oh and im reasonably sure the missing faction symbol is the Getae.
    Last edited by ajb; April 25, 2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: next day

Right.

I switched to my display's native res (1280x1024x32) and tried again.

The surefire (for me, anyway) way to get the glitches I've posted is this:

1) Start the Macedon campaign;

2) Open and close a crapload of panels. I mean literally go crazy, fill the screen with them, switch between tabs, open different ones in succession etc.

3) Select Antigonos Gonatas' army.

4) Now select either the a: Prodromoi or the b: Royal Agema.

a: If you first selected the Prodromoi, you'll notice they lack unit numbers, but the picture displays. When you open the Merc panel (with the Prodromoi panel open) and right-click on a merc unit this will show:

b: If you selected the Royal Agema, instead, and followed the same steps, the glitch I've posted in the other thread (no picture, no stats) will carry over to the merc panels.

I've noticed that, for some units, the stat numbers are waaay to the right of the descriptors (very large gap, and noticeable when switching between units in the Recruitment panel). Also, I find the "Cannot upgrade" description too long. You should shorten it to "C/U", while simultaneously fixing the stat number gap/spacing (make the spacing equal for every unit).

As a personal gripe, I utterly loathe Renaissance depictions of the Ancient World. Is there a way to remove those images from the loading screens? I like the generic "charge into battle" screens better.
    Last edited by Slowpoke; April 25, 2012 at 03:12 AM.

Carados's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    Also, I find the "Cannot upgrade" description too long. You should shorten it to "C/U", while simultaneously fixing the stat number gap/spacing (make the spacing equal for every unit).
    Can't do anything about any of this, it's all hard-coded.

As a personal gripe, I utterly loathe Renaissance depictions of the Ancient World. Is there a way to remove those images from the loading screens? I like the generic "charge into battle" screens better.
    I don't like them either. What you can do is copy&paste the folders from ExRM 3.5 into the 4.0 folder and use them if you want. I will see about putting in an alternate loading screen mod for those who want it, but I can't put any kind of time frame on that. Feel free to contribute and make your own, though.
    Developer for the Extended Realism mod for RTR Platinum.
    Developer for RTRVII and protégé of Caligula Caesar

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    That's interesting. Has it happened against different cities/factions?

Also, I don't understand something. You said it happens during deployment phase, but then you said it happens during a battle with no deployment phase. Could you elaborate?
    What I meant is that it happens in normal battles only in the deployment phase. Outside the deployment phase everything works. However, in battles where there is no deployment phase (siege, couldnt test ambush yet) dragging out units that were previously grouped leads to a crash during the entire battle. So my interpretation is that by clicking "start battle" the problem goes away. If there is no "start battle" button then the game crashes when I drag out grouped units. Hope this makes it clear. Yeah, it happened in all the battles I played as the Romans, gonna check out other faction soon too...

Cheers, I very much enjoy the map and game flow (early game). One issue is indeed that you have to wait one whole generation as the Romans until you get decent (and enough!) family members, allowing you to expand (or to properly manage your empire for that matter), this could be tweaked a bit. maybe it is possible to allow some random adoptions when the family member/provinces ratio is very low? which would also be realistic.

Carados's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by rotfront View Post
    What I meant is that it happens in normal battles only in the deployment phase. Outside the deployment phase everything works. However, in battles where there is no deployment phase (siege, couldnt test ambush yet) dragging out units that were previously grouped leads to a crash during the entire battle. So my interpretation is that by clicking "start battle" the problem goes away. If there is no "start battle" button then the game crashes when I drag out grouped units. Hope this makes it clear. Yeah, it happened in all the battles I played as the Romans, gonna check out other faction soon too...
    I'm still confused.
    What exactly is the situation, do you select a group of units and then assign to them a particular formation and then drag them around?? And what do you mean by drag? - it comes up with those little yellow triangles?

No one else seems to be having this problem. I never encountered it during development, either. Do you have any other mods installed and are they all mod-foldered?

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by ajb View Post
    P.S. actually the only thing that is really annoying is one of the barbarian factions faction symbol will not show up in the diplomacy screen or power charts.
    this has to be an alpha channel or missing icon file. i'll check it tomorrow if anyone on the team hasn't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Carados View Post
    I don't like them either.

Ouch! The are not Renaissance, they are from the late 19th century (most are by Alma Tadema). Easy to over-write as Carados suggested from 3.5

Hello Folks,

I just can't save my games. In a first test run as sparta the game made an autosave. When I restarted as carthago I was unable to save the ongoing game. Only the sparta savegame was there if I tried to restart with ongoing campaign or to load a saved one.
    In fact I have to go back to the desktop and restart the game to be able to save again my games but only for the ongoing game. If I quit and start another game the save function does not work.
    Is it intended that way?
    What is the rational for not having the sacred band for the cartagenians?

By the way, it is a splendid mod. Great job you have done there.

Lion7

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

You can't save because you didn't restart the 4 turn per year script. Click on a city to make the adviser appear then you'll be able to save.

Carados's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lion7 View Post
    Hello Folks,

I just can't save my games. In a first test run as sparta the game made an autosave. When I restarted as carthago I was unable to save the ongoing game. Only the sparta savegame was there if I tried to restart with ongoing campaign or to load a saved one.
    In fact I have to go back to the desktop and restart the game to be able to save again my games but only for the ongoing game. If I quit and start another game the save function does not work.
    Is it intended that way?
    The script isn't intended to work that way, but we're stuck with it so you'll just have to work your way around it. Killing the game and starting it up again is the best way of being able to save between games. There are other ways of restarting the script, though, but I always kill the game.

What is the rational for not having the sacred band for the cartagenians?
    Why should we have them in?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Quintilius
    Ouch!
    Last edited by Carados; April 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carados View Post
    I'm still confused.
    What exactly is the situation, do you select a group of units and then assign to them a particular formation and then drag them around?? And what do you mean by drag? - it comes up with those little yellow triangles?

No one else seems to be having this problem. I never encountered it during development, either. Do you have any other mods installed and are they all mod-foldered?
    I'm having the same issue. By drag he means using held RMB to deploy a group of units in a line then releasing RMB. The only other mod I have is the previous ExRM (3.5.3c I think). Both are mod-foldered the old version renamed to ExRM_old. So far I've tried with the Roman and Gaul factions. Both cause the game to freeze with RMB dragging. It happens for me at any time in a battle regardless of the presence or lack of a deployment phase.

Quote Originally Posted by negilum View Post
    I'm having the same issue. By drag he means using held RMB to deploy a group of units in a line then releasing RMB. The only other mod I have is the previous ExRM (3.5.3c I think). Both are mod-foldered the old version renamed to ExRM_old. So far I've tried with the Roman and Gaul factions. Both cause the game to freeze with RMB dragging. It happens for me at any time in a battle regardless of the presence or lack of a deployment phase.
    Ok, I'm glad that I'm not the only one... Tested a few things: could reproduce crash with macedonians, so its not only the romans. And I also had the crash in non-deployment phase now too, but happens less frequently then it seems. Then I have no idea where it comes from. It feels like that it doesnt happen when the grouped units are placed in a proper line, more pronounced when there is some distance between them, but this is just a gut feeling....
    Well, this thing is very annoying, makes the game unplayable for now. Quinn, tell me when you think I can help to squash that bug.

I made a perfectly clean installation, no other mods, properly modfoldered etc. Running goldedition on steam, what are you running, negilum?

PS: the yellow triangles dont even show up, freezes up before that

Carados's Avatar Senator

Right. Erm, well I cannot reproduce your errors. Did any of you encounter this problem with 3.5 or with any other mods?

I wonder if it's something to do with the RSII environment??

never had it before, in any mod, also not in RTR VII. Now I'm gonna check running rtr vii with RS2 envir-submod, lets see how that works out...

Sega CD gold edition. It's the first time I've encountered the problem. I've used RTR 6 platinum, ExRM 3.0+, and Arthurian mods.

This is a great mod. Thanks, guys. It's so good, in fact, that I finally registered here at the TWC (after about 5 years of lurking) just to tell you what I've found so far in the Beta.

1) I'm also experiencing the blank pictures on unit cards, but I see all the stats.

2) I have been playing as the Romans, and I have experienced several CTDs when I hit the end of turn button, but I was able to bypass them.

The first CTD happened at the end of the Winter 260 BC turn. It repeated when I reloaded the game, so on a hunch I changed from Widescreen to normal view, and the CTD did not repeat.

Next, I had a CTD about 246 BC which repeated when I loaded the saved game. So I decided to run the game with FOW off and watch for the crash to get an idea of what might be causing it. But with FOW off, the crash didn't happen (I watched all those AI moves for nothing LOL).

Since then (about another 40 turns or so) I've had CTDs several times, but each time the game worked fine if I turned of FOW.

3) In the EDB file, the citizenship government/barracks building for Italy lists Italian Principes twice and doesn't list Italian Hastati, so the Italian Hastati did not show up as recruitable at Capua, just the Principes. I assume that is a mistake, so I edited my EDB file, replacing one of the Italian Princepes with an Italian Hastati.

Thanks again. I'm having a blast despite the CTDs.

I don't think RSII environment is causing the crash. ran rtrvii+rsII, and it worked smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Quintilius View Post
    this has to be an alpha channel or missing icon file. i'll check it tomorrow if anyone on the team hasn't already.

I checked on the getae faction, its labeled symbol128_dacia for the big image, symbol48_dacia and symbol24_dacia for the tiny one. The smaller two have 4 versions for non-selected, defeated, highlighted and selected. All alpha layers appear correct. Stratpage_02 also contains the image but all those also check out with correct layers spanning every faction folder I have in the UI folder. It also appears on Sharedpage_01 but for my Roman file its ok. That particular tga file is back in the main folders, not the mod folder for ExRM. The icon should be visible.

Ajb, can you post a print screen where the missing icon should live in game? Maybe it lives somewhere else and I can't remember where...

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

The Khorosan province (capital Jend) starts off with a mine, but not silver or gold. The mine can't be scrapped.