Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AAR (After Action Report)

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: AAR (After Action Report)

Quote Originally Posted by PunitorMaximus View Post
    true....will be fixed.
    now ladies and gentleman im trying to make flamethrowers for all major factions. with gas tanks and gas masks.
    Why? Most likely is that they will die before even thinking of getting close to their enemy.

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

uhhhhm yeah, i meant columbia...WTF
    however, the panama province gets its own latino-doughboys.
    cuba too, plus their afro-american regiments.

considering the nazis genocide: there is no discussion about who was the bigger mass murderer. without doubt the nazis genocide was the most shameful part of the worlds human history and its that disgusting because, like in ruanda, everyone took part. i dare to say that the CCCP invasion of poland was a protection, although the russians weren´t that friendly to the polish.
    No, you meant Colombia

latino doughboys? Panama didnt have a real military until the 1940s, only a 'Policia Nacional' (National Police, a Militia force). This was intentional - Having their own military would cause unnecessary conflict with the US (since the US controlled the Canal zone), also the US would defend them if they were ever attacked

Yes you are correct, Cuba had black regiments at this time since their military was forcibly modelled after the US military, previously they had mixed race and gender units although the good ole US of A ended that because it was seen as 'backwards'.

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

ya, you already told me

And now for something different. Although it didnt work as planned. CTD, which is telling me i need to stop having so many programs operating while playing ETW.

Bicheez and gentlemen, i hereby present you, le Russian Civil War (now would be a good time for applauding).

Southern Russia, 1919

-What do you think?
    -It's a different fight. Red versus White, Order versus Anarchy.... the Final Battle. The Final War. That's how they named it.
    -They don't have any arms. They don't have any provisions. They don't have any clothes. It's scary.
    -They got hope. That's the scariest of them all.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"All power to the councils!!"
    "Lenin is cleaning the world from capitalist filth"
    "For commander Trotsky"

The lapdogs of the burgeois and their foreign allies, enemies of the people.

We will meet them in battle.

The enemy advances. Cossacks and traitors, our own blood turning against us, for the sake of a rotten man on a rotten throne.

Our armies are not waiting for them. Our armies hunt them. Our armies will punish them for their crimes.

The dogs are marching through the woods. We can hear them, we can smell them... we can see them.

"The White Army and the Black Baron"
    "Emposing upon us again the Tsar's throne"

"But from the Taiga to the Britannic Seas"
    "The Red Army is stronger than ever"

"So may the Red ones, reform the power"
    "With their knives on their righteous hands"

"And all are due to, irresistibly..."
    "Enter the final bloody war"

"Red army, march, march, forward"
    "The Revolutionary Commitee calls you to war"

"Because from the Taiga to the Brittannic Seas"
    "The Red Army is stronger than ever"

We will never know the outcome, due to the CTD, but we know what happened in real life so you can guess.
    Last edited by PunitorMaximus; May 28, 2012 at 10:29 AM.

wow that was fast!
    any idea what caused the CTDs? you think its my or your fault

wow that was fast!
    any idea what caused the CTDs? you think its my or your fault
    I think it's most likely my fault, because my PC is not in his very best condition at the moment and because of the fact that i got 32bit Windows (a no-no for good ETW gaming) and alot of RAM eating programs open, namely Firefox and MSN.

After this AAR, the next is on its way: 1918.... SOMEWHERE in Normandy, Belgium, Somme, Sedan, Verdun, oh the cares, the western front was practically million men dying over the same square kilometers of land.

EDITO: I think it's better if you get rid of the off-topic posts, or move them to the main thread, and leave only the AARs here. Or better yet, two threads. One for AARs only, and the other one for AAR commenting.
    Last edited by ComnenusTheOne; May 28, 2012 at 11:16 AM.

All quiet on the western front.

1918 Western Europe

Both sides of the conflicts are scratching the bottom of the barrel to find men to continue the war. Aggrevation is reaching a new high, in Britain, France and Germany, while there are talks of revolution in Russia and Austria-Hungary.

But all is quiet on the western front.

The Brits are holding the line. Their battallion is mixed, having British, Canadians and Sepoys, all in one unit.

They drew some mortals from the rear the other day, so they feel relatively safer behind their trench.

So relaxed and calm that it took them some time to notice the advancing Huns, coming out of the treeline.

Volkstrum and regulars, Germany is pushing every able bodied man to war nowadays.

They even forced soldiers from their colonies in the army. Askaris from Africa and locals of Newguinea, who apparently were good target jacks for the British mortars.

The Newguineans retreated so easily, that the mortar command moved towards the Landswehr and started pounding them.

The sons of Britain are awaiting, hoping their hastly made trench will be enough to save them from the onslaught.

The mortars deliver a hard strike upon the Germans, followed by the first shots from the infantry.

The Germans return fire, covering their advance, and the battle commences.

Central sector and the British left flank face the biggest part of the German battallion.

The British disregard their personal safety and climb upon the trenches to fire at the Huns.

More Germans lay fire upon the British left, while the center is clearing up, with the Germans getting thinner.

The German Askaris show exceptional fighting by holding their position and fire steadily, while the German Landwehr are assaulting the very left of the Brits. Soon they will be pushed back.

However, they can't do anything against the heavy mortal barrage that obliterates their numbers. In the mean time, a group of German snipers are spotted, the coordinates given to artillery.

For now, they are safe to kill our NCOs and officers, or so they think. Our soldiers proove this to be their finest hour, as they abandon safety and fire at their enemy.

Our mortars successfully destroyed the sniper team.... leaving none alive.

With the entire German force in retreat, the brave Askaris can't take anymore punishment and are following their comrades.

Victory is ours.... there will be no celebration though.
    Last edited by PunitorMaximus; May 29, 2012 at 03:11 AM.

then the allied counterattack followed....and failed. central forces counterattack....failed. and so on.
    ah yeah, its not volkssturm, that was the nazi thing....it was considered landsturm (as you did later on).
    maybe i should limitata the newguinean guys....cuz there were only 600 of them in all german schutzgebiete(protected zones) in indonesia. they called it neupommern(new pomerania) and kaiser-wilhelms-land(self-evident). this regions are now new britain and i dont know what kaiser wilhelms land is now.

Nice pics... it really has the WW1 feel.. just browsed the forum and found a mod ( not sure if its a mod or if its something that exists in vanilla but its not used ) making the soldiers actualy go prone when shooting = do you also use this ? check this out.. would be good position to shoot from for the snipers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftYhiYQe1jM

then the allied counterattack followed....and failed. central forces counterattack....failed. and so on.
    Well it's the end of the war.... soon they will begin drafting women and cripples because there is no one left to fight.

ah yeah, its not volkssturm, that was the nazi thing....it was considered landsturm (as you did later on).
    I knew there was something different, something not WW1 in that name.... oh well.

maybe i should limitata the newguinean guys....cuz there were only 600 of them in all german schutzgebiete(protected zones) in indonesia. they called it neupommern(new pomerania) and kaiser-wilhelms-land(self-evident). this regions are now new britain and i dont know what kaiser wilhelms land is now.
    You very well should. It really dont make no sense having those guys up and at me in half my battles against Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosho View Post
    Nice pics... it really has the WW1 feel.. just browsed the forum and found a mod ( not sure if its a mod or if its something that exists in vanilla but its not used ) making the soldiers actualy go prone when shooting = do you also use this ? check this out.. would be good position to shoot from for the snipers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftYhiYQe1jM
    Contrary to the popular mythos, the prone position might make you a far more difficult target to spot and shoot at, but it limits your fighting capabilities. You can only fire forward, you reload slowly, your body doesn't receive the weapon's recoil in a good axis etc. Combined with the relatively high grass in many cases, your visibility is also limited. Good to hide, maybe excellent to hide, but you can't really fire repeatedly. The very best position to fire a rifle repeatedly and accurate is the kneeling position which, although makes you a target, it gives you efficiency in aiming, reloading and a wider azimuth to pick targets. Kneeling position behind a wall = instant win.
    Last edited by ComnenusTheOne; May 28, 2012 at 04:39 PM.

true, but it would be cool and useful if you´ve taken a hill.

our flametrowers backpack looks like this

true, but it would be cool and useful if you´ve taken a hill.
    If you have taken a hill in RL tactics, a prone position wont help you.... nothing wont help you anymore, you have around 2 minutes to turn tail and run because the enemy already has zeroed in on you and you are in for an artillery strike.

A flamethrower is a giant zippo on a man's back. If shot to death, the unit should produce an explosion.... for the funsies.

here is my first screenshot.
    the gas mask has to be optimised but the gas bottle is ok. i didn´t made a tube, cuz its not possible to depict it properly. if the effect is ok no one will care

best tactic is to hide it behind cheap militia, which you use as cannon fodder.

*TES:5 Nord guard voice mod activated* You seen those warriors from Germany? They got rifle flamethrowers. Rifle.... flamethrowers....

yeah, they got the grenadelaunchers...cuz the ww1 flamethrowers looked like that. as i said a tube is not possible...

I am trying to be witty here, thank you.

oh, thought you thought my beta flamethrower wasnt historically accurate.
    naaaaa screw that! i´ll somehow figure out how to make such a in tube.
    and im gonna use the air rifle, cuz it has kinda tank (the air tank) which could be used as docking station for the tube....should work

You know i believe it's a waste of time to create such units. Neither the enemy, nor me, are gonna sit in the trenches in ETW, and the most likely is that these men are gonna die before even reaching the lines. Flamethrowers, grenadiers, battle tanks, all these innovations were used to break an unbreakable otherwise defensive line. In ETW we are gonna fire and maneuver like crazy, hoping to inflict more casualties to the enemy than he to us, and for that you need distance and the better grounds. Mobile warfare renders such units irrelevant. Of course i dont wanna think about what a battle tank can do to a non-entrenched infantry unit... oh wait, i know what it does.

snipers and flamethrowers. you think theyre not useful?
    im gonna play a battle now, without trenches and ill show you the statistics then, ok?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast