Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [Questions and Help] The Multiplayer/Hotseat Help & Discussion Thread

Praeses

Default Re: Hotseat reality

Yes the AR is not balanced in Third Age hotseats. To compensate, they usually play battles on the map. It's not perfect but it is better than constantly losing.

Default Re: The third age has official multi?

yes. game has official multiplayer. i uninstall and install the game and after i install only 2.0 and 2.1 of third age, (no 1.0, 1.1b, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.4.1fix) and i play normal official online!!

Default Re: Anyone interseted in having some friendly matches?

oh sorry i thought that was like a signup and play tournament for a few people or something. my bad ~_~

Default Crashing and white boxes

I was able to fix the sound issue with the game. But now every time I go into a battle the game crashes and all it says is "Has encountered an error and is forced to close"

Also still, when I play in battle, the command bar and such, are nothing but white boxes. Can some one please give a step by step on how to fix these issues?

Thanks

DeepCut's Avatar Laetus

I'm assuming that means Auto-Resolve. I would really like to play a hotseat with someone.

I wouldn't have thought auto-resolving would be used much but i have no experience in multi-player so ...

I am in the UK and can promise to take part most weekday evenings.

Thanks,

Gary.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Anyone interseted in having some friendly matches?

I would like to play

Default Re: multiplayer

I'd like to play too, not tournament just some battles when I feel like it...

I made network

TATWfriendly
    tatw

come in guys!

Hey Hrobatos, I'm happy to have a casual match if both you and I are online at the same time, there're too few TATW players atm Ill look into your hamachi network as and when Im available. Btw you may like to use Captain Clueless' thread as well as I managed to have a friendly game or two by using it.

Havelock

I played MP over hamachi, you need to have hamachi, then start hamachi, if anyone is on network you ask him to play over message ( like chat)
    you both start same game, same versionm or with same mod

you go to LAN and then you will see each other in LAN, and prepare yourself for HM match... its rather easy and fun as well
    much harder than battles again vanilla

Icon14 Multiplayer not compatible . 1.05?? any ideas?

Hi, me and my friend cannot play online together, we both have 1.05 , only difference isthat he has downloaded his game through steam, i have a hard copy. Does anybody have anyidea why we cant join each others game. ( incompatible ). Im new to this, sorry if this is a repost but couldnt find the same topic elsewhere, any help is appreciated.

Default Re: Multiplayer not compatible . 1.05?? any ideas?

Or can anyone tell me that it definetly wont work?

Default I need TATW.cfg for hotseat campain

Hi! I want to play with a friend a campain on the same pc, I know that before we must change the TATW.cfg to play defensive battles with the AI. I do not know what changes to do, someone can help me? other councils for a same computer campain?
    (sorry for my bad English I'm Italian)

Default Re: I need TATW.cfg for hotseat campain

There were some threads dedicated to that question for example this one:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...layer+hot+seat

You should find your answer in there.

realy useful thanks a lot

You're wlcome!

Been playing hotseat with friends, And we realise that the good factions has major issues winning autoresolve battles (and since you dont get to play defensive battles you are forced to be incredibly agressive)

I think the ammount of soldiers simply gives the evil factions an edge even if your "good" faction army is stronger if you were to play the battle.

This sould be looked into since hotseat can be quite fun.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Icon8 HELP!!! Lan Problem : No response from host

I want to play a lan game with a friend of mine but we ve got some connection problems. We enter the Lan Game and when I create a game, his pc cannot "see" it and when he creates a game I do see it, but when I m trying to log in the message "no response from host" appears. Do you have any ideas? I use win7 and he uses XP and we ve both disabled our firewalls.

Apart from that is any "proper" procedure, that we need to follow to play on lan???

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: HELP!!! Lan Problem : No response from host

Which version do you guys have?
    Do you have Gold Edition or normal Kingdoms

And you play in the same house, do you?

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks for the answer sanderman. we use normal kingdoms 2.1 and yes we play at the same house... we tried hamatchi but... not possible... What should we do we re trying to play for the past 7 days

Baywatch's Avatar Ducenarius

Have you tried directly linking your computers, as in connecting both with an ethernet cord rather than playing through a router? Your friend's computer is definitely the one causing problems.

Clearly has his priorities straight.