Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Questions and Help] The Multiplayer/Hotseat Help & Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Icon5 [Questions and Help] The Multiplayer/Hotseat Help & Discussion Thread

I created this thread to "collect" all the little threads with problems and questions regarding multiplayer.
    Please use this one in the future I will stick it

This thread is also meant for any problems and questions regarding Hotseats.
    Last edited by Matto16; November 11, 2013 at 01:41 AM.

Foederatus

Hey hope anybody can help i start my Third Age and everything is normal and i am in menu but if i try to start a campaign, quick battle or custom battle i get this error hope anybody can help me.
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; April 19, 2012 at 06:41 AM.

koultouras's Avatar Πέος

Default Re: Third Age: Mediel 2 Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

go to c: Program Files\Sega\Medieval II total War \ folder
    open "logs" folder and copy the lines in that text (system log.txt ) file......and post them here!
    it would be necessairy if we are to help!

krasni's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Third Age: Mediel 2 Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

This has been happening to me a lot when ents are involved in the battle.

delete or move geography_new.txt and geography_new.db from your data folder in M2TW

why is this in the multiplayer forum?and also can u give some info cause I had a similar problem. Info such as if its a steam or cd copy, do you use a crack, what OS, and how do u have the third age folder set up?

I also encountered the "unspecified error" problem.
    It happened to a friend of mine soon after he started a new campaign playing mordor and, what saddens me more,
    it now constantly happens to me (playing Dale) when Rhun tries to take back a city of theirs in a siege fight (Turn 45).
    Approximately one minute after battle start. Archers fire from the walls, i rush out with the cavalry to intercept the siege equipment,
    the AI reacts, drops the equipment, rushes forward to entangle my cavalry in melee fight. I retreat with the cavalry back through the cities gate and -game over- unspecified error.

I got the Medieval II Gold Edition (Software Pyramid Version) that seems to be
    not further patchable. I installed Medieval II and Third Age into that folder structure:

H:\Games\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age

Game ran fine for days on my system:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, HD 5700, Q9400, 4GB Ram

I did not manipulate any files that i know of and i do not use any other mod but "third age 1.4.1" . The log file shows some errors on "scripts" and "unit labels". I have no idea what could be the matter.

Is there anyone who can enlighten me?
    I googled for answers, but the only advice i found so far was to delete files that i do not have anyway.

And last but not least....hello all! I usually lurk in the background just reading, but the problem i got with this mod made me register. I bought medieval just to play "Third Age". This mod is pure gold and i got addicted.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH

P.S. Sorry i got to reply here in the multiplayer forum. I know its the wrong place, but this thread was the only one that seemed to fit to my problem.

LOG:

11:07:04.277 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    11:07:04.284 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    11:07:04.289 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    11:07:04.289 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    11:07:04.290 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    11:07:04.292 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    11:07:04.292 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    11:07:04.293 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    11:12:22.389 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 169, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    label_unit referenced non-existent unit
    11:12:22.389 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 170, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.389 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 171, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.389 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 172, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.389 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 173, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.389 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 174, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.389 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 175, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.389 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 186, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.390 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 187, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.390 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 188, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.390 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 189, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.390 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 190, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.390 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 191, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.390 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 192, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.390 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 193, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.390 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 194, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.390 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 195, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.390 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 196, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.390 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 197, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:12:22.391 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 199, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': unit 'unit22' is already in a unit group.
    11:12:22.391 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 199, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': unit 'unit24' is already in a unit group.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit27'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit28'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit29'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit30'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit31'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit32'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit33'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit34'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit35'.
    11:12:22.392 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 199, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit36'.
    11:12:22.392 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 199, in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit37'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit38'.
    11:14:47.906 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Default Hamachi Network for Tatw 1.4

I'm going to keep this network active with some friends.
    Anyone looking for big battles is welcome.
    When the network is full, I'll kick the players I think are less active, so that new players can join. If you have been kicked, and want to play, just join again.
    Game version will be 1.4 (maybe 1.4.1) with no submods.

Network name:
    Tatw2010
    Password: tw

All players are welcome!!!

Default Re: Hamachi Network for Tatw 1.4

There are allready 5 active players in the network, and some 2vs2 fights have been fought.
    I hope more people join us soon.

I'm interested but I don't quite understand the point of Hamachi.. why the hell just not play with ingame gamespy version?
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Because it's flawed. As far as I'm aware they don't even have the servers up anymore.

Myself, Baywatch, and our non-forum friend are on for a battle tonight if any are in for it

Icon9 SHOGUN 2: FOTS MULTIPLAYER HELP!!!!!!!!

Hi I am having problems with the game Shogun 2: Fots multiplayer. Ok so before I play this game I am fully connected but get this, when I finish the multiplayer game I am suddenly disconnected. It gets me frustrated. This has Happened Several times to me a lot within the past few days. After I exit the multiplayer game I am still disconnected, so I have to go and reset the router and turn of my wireless button. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. Finally when I am connected I try again and it disconnects. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can i find TATW on tunngle?

Wanting to start a hotseat with just two humans playing as allies as orcs, but can' t exactly remember all the how. I have read through the information in the stickies and have still a couple questions. I must start a new thread entitled whatever I entitle it right? Also, would you recommend the Third age hot seat patch for the experience I am endeavoring to enjoy? Thanks. I used to play quite a bit and actually won, with Turkey,an epic hot seat many years ago...but have not hot seated in several years. One of the best gaming experiences ever IMO.

Default Re: [Questions and Help] The Multiplayer/Hotseat Help & Discussion Thread

Now I am confused. I started anew hottest thread yesterday and uploaded the first save but now can not find it. Can someone tell me if I did something wrong or what might have happened? Thanks.

i found it. Started in hot seat campaigns.

i just noticed I was a player in the two oldest hot seats in the archive and I won the fight for power hot seat.
    Last edited by Grislok; July 09, 2015 at 01:29 AM.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Questions and Help] The Multiplayer/Hotseat Help & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grislok View Post
    Now I am confused. I started anew hottest thread yesterday and uploaded the first save but now can not find it. Can someone tell me if I did something wrong or what might have happened? Thanks.

i found it. Started in hot seat campaigns.

i just noticed I was a player in the two oldest hot seats in the archive and I won the fight for power hot seat.
    Then welcome back!

Is your hotseat working now?

You can use this forum to post the saves but personally, I think emailing it (or some other electronic communication) between you and your friend may be easier. However, with a thread in this forum you do get to document your progress and perhaps others will be interested in following the hotseat so that is a plus.

Hey!

I'm playing a hotseat with a friend, gotten to round 10. He's High Elves and first in turn, and he get's all messages of buildings, adoption offers, etc like usual.

I am Silvan Elves, and therefore second in turn. I never get any messages about buildings being finished, and I have yet to receive a single adoption offer, even though I have twice as many settlements as I have generals.

Is there any way to receive adoption offers for me?

Hi. Guys. I wanted to Play total war hotseat campaign With nerds like me. Is ist even possible to Play 1 vs 1 in a real Battle at campaign in Multiplayer? Ive heard about copying others save. I dont und erstand ist ID ist ist possible to Play campaign Multiplayer dir third age. A reply would be cool

Moneybags14's Avatar Ordinarius

I am that non-forum friend btw!!

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast