Page 372 of 377 FirstFirst ... 272322347362363364365366367368369370371372373374375376377 LastLast
Results 7,421 to 7,440 of 7533

Thread: Barry's Bar

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Barry's Bar

World building just for grins? Sure, count me in (if you'll have me of course)

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Seems agreeable.

Seems agreeable.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Excellent.

I suppose we should start by finding a map, bit hard to build a world with no idea of what that world looks like We could always use Dan's BaW map, if you don't mind @Dan. Alternatively if you guys find or create a cool map, by all means do post it here. Don't count on me for this though, I'm as awful a cartographer as I always have been haha.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

I dunno if I'd be wholly active around here for that kind of thing, might pop one or two suggestions in. Been meaning to get back into worldbuilding actually :p

And yeah, @Dan, Ireland was a study abroad. Cheapest option there was, just $2000 more than staying at my home school for the semester, figured it was worth it, and holy hell was it. Absolutely incredible, that country. Whereabouts in Germany are you gonna be going? If you get the chance to go to the north, Niedersachsen and that area, Hamburg is a really exciting city and Lüneburg (half an hour train ride south of Hamburg) has a gorgeous medieval city center. One of the few places to not get bombed in the World Wars.

On a side note, any of y'all picked up Ultimate General: Civil War on Steam? If you played Ultimate General: Gettysburg, the devs made a follow-up game that's in early access right now, it has a sandbox campaign with army management, down to choosing the weaponry of your brigades like in the old Civil War Generals games. Came out mid-November and has been updated every couple weeks - they just added the battles of Stones River and Chancellorsville a couple days ago. It's tough, too. Makes you work for those victories.
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strider View Post
    I dunno if I'd be wholly active around here for that kind of thing, might pop one or two suggestions in. Been meaning to get back into worldbuilding actually :p

And yeah, @Dan, Ireland was a study abroad. Cheapest option there was, just $2000 more than staying at my home school for the semester, figured it was worth it, and holy hell was it. Absolutely incredible, that country. Whereabouts in Germany are you gonna be going? If you get the chance to go to the north, Niedersachsen and that area, Hamburg is a really exciting city and Lüneburg (half an hour train ride south of Hamburg) has a gorgeous medieval city center. One of the few places to not get bombed in the World Wars.

On a side note, any of y'all picked up Ultimate General: Civil War on Steam? If you played Ultimate General: Gettysburg, the devs made a follow-up game that's in early access right now, it has a sandbox campaign with army management, down to choosing the weaponry of your brigades like in the old Civil War Generals games. Came out mid-November and has been updated every couple weeks - they just added the battles of Stones River and Chancellorsville a couple days ago. It's tough, too. Makes you work for those victories.
    I don't think any IHers still around have the time to be wholly active for that sort of thing, the way we were a few years ago. That's exactly why I suggested that we contribute on our own schedules even if that means we go days, weeks or months without posting. I know I probably won't be able to post or update blurbs about a faction/culture/whatever every day, for sure - might not even make it every other day or disappear for a week or two at a time, in extreme cases.

@Dan Yeah, just for vacation. Don't suppose anyone here has any experience of Bali or any other part of Indonesia?

I'm sort of around as well.
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strider View Post
    I will be in Freiburg for an entire academic year, so I'll have plenty of time to visit Germany and probably the rest of the continent. I'll be extremely close to France and Switzerland so I definitely plan on visiting both, and I also have family friends in the UK with whom I am certain I will spend some time. I also hope to get to Italy and maybe Greece and Turkey as long as they're still safe by that point.
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.

I see.. avoid Spain why don't ya, Dan.

Content Emeritus

What is a Spain?

It's like a Mexico I do believe.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
    I will be in Freiburg for an entire academic year, so I'll have plenty of time to visit Germany and probably the rest of the continent. I'll be extremely close to France and Switzerland so I definitely plan on visiting both, and I also have family friends in the UK with whom I am certain I will spend some time. I also hope to get to Italy and maybe Greece and Turkey as long as they're still safe by that point.
    That's cool! I know somebody in Freiburg right now on a study abroad trip. And I'll be in Salzburg, Austria for the next five months. Isn't Freiburg close to the border?

Oh by the way, hey guys.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    It's like a Mexico I do believe.
    Or so Hollywood claims

Content Emeritus

So I'm DMing my first game of D&D on Friday night.

I like to think that years of IH have prepared me pretty well.

Just imagine this,i am a complete newb who writes aars on writers study and loves rpg and roleplaying diplomacy games .But when i arrive here i am unable to know where to start .It is very hard to grasp everything .I need some guidance to start out as most games are outdated and do not show the rules properly .Its all advancin on me like a beast .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

plaese pm me.

Welcome to the graveyard of a once bountiful RPG forum. All that is left now are the bones of our great work.

Naw, but really, we don't do nothing here no more. Dead as dust, as it were.

To tell you the truth the play by post rpg forum is not much to my liking as it's filled with fantasy shirt and a dead roman senate .

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

People, urgent request. Does anybody still have the IH Comics?

Also hi I guess

Found just the one. Had completely forgotten them. I guess the rest are in the old pre-2012 bar?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UdQsfxk.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	344.7 KB 
ID:	347982