Thread: Art Requests - all non-modding requests

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

--> click to enlarge

EDIT:

--> click to enlarge

Last edited by cedric37; January 26, 2019 at 10:21 AM.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That works!!!!!

MANY THANKS!

Patrician Citizen

Glad you liked them all

BTW sorry for Persian Empire it was not a boat
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That's fine, a camel was a better representation anywhere, but ah, imagine if it was a boat, haha

All you lovely artists, I was wondering if I might make a request for an image, but I am not sure if this is an acceptable place to make said request as it is actually not a signature, sigbar, or avatar that I'm looking for. In my AAR and creative writing pieces I often make use of "scenebreaks", which up to now have simply been short lines of dashes centered in the text. For most things that's just fine, but for my AAR, which is a bit more involved and lengthy now, I was hoping for something more "artsy" and fitting with the setting. So that is what I wanted to ask about. Basically just an image that is about the height of a sigbar, and between 1.5 and 2 times wider than a sigbar. Is it alright if I make that request here? (If so, I will give more details about what I have in mind; If not, I will drop it here and now)
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Yes, this is the right place for your request
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Cool! So, as I said, I was thinking something roughly the same height as a sigbar, but roughly 1.5 to 2 times wider (dimensions are not fixed; the main idea is to have something visually stimulating to break up the scenes, but something that is not huge or distracting). My AAR is set in Arabia in antiquity, and I was thinking something either with some sort of Arabian-esque pattern that tapers off at the outer edges (so the center is every so slightly thicker than the outside), or something that involves like crossed spears or arrows or something like that. I think the most important thing for me is that it have edges that are feathered and blend to transparency, and that it's not just a rectangle with a picture in it. I want it to with an easy flow break the text and keep things interesting. If someone wants to have a quick look at the AAR to see how the writing "feels" and get an idea of what would work well image-wise, just click the "Written in Sand" sigbar I've got below in my signature. Many thanks in advance for whomever might be able to handle this, and please fire any questions my way if you want some more info or thoughts from me. I put a lot of time and work into my writing, and I've also thought about this bit a fair deal as well.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois

Blog Entries

Basically, a kind of arabic embroidery
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I guess so, but nothing too fancy or ornate. The story is about warriors having to face the harsh desert (and also enemies periodically too), and they are not living comfy or "ornate" lives. It should be fairly rugged and austere, but also have a bit of Arabian flair, if that makes sense.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Patrician Citizen

Something like this ?

EDIT:
    --> click to enlarge

Last edited by cedric37; February 04, 2019 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    Something like this ?

Not really Cedric. The whole point is for it to be something small and unobtrusive that can work to split the text between scenes. And more than that, it should be generic and symmetric, otherwise it will create odd impressions in some particular scenes. To give very concrete ideas, here is what I had in mind:

Dimensions: 20 pixels tall by roughly 500 pixels wide (i.e. what I said above, about it being like a sigbar, but just wider).
    General wishes: image should be symmetric, with rather generic "Arabian" theme on it (i.e. something with environment or a pattern, or maybe crossed spears, but no caravans or cities of things of that like [a caravan would also not be symmetric])
    Image edges: edges should either feather into transparency, or simply be non-squared (and also have transparency around them, so it's not a block).
    Time period: the story is set in antiquity, so the really ornate stuff that one finds now in Islamic art is too "modern" for me. A patter could be cool, but nothing as complex or intricate as what you've included above.

Does that clear things up more? And seriously, ask me some questions if you're not sure, as I'd feel bad just having you make options that I then reject, but the AAR is pretty dear to me, and I really do have a very specific idea in mind.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Patrician Citizen

No problem, something more like this then ?

or

Last edited by cedric37; February 04, 2019 at 10:16 AM.

Patrician Citizen

Ok forget the previous one, I think it's total crap

What about camels ?

Last edited by cedric37; February 04, 2019 at 11:49 AM. Reason: better transparency

Oh cedric, I like this second one a lot. Initially, I was leaning against camels or anything too particular, as I thought it might lead people too much and possibly get in the way of the story, but this could indeed do quite nicely. If it's alright with you, I will let this image sit for a day or two and think it over, and also think over how it would look in the various places I plan to use it, but I have a feeling this is a winner! Thanks a million!

P.s. the separations and transparency between the camels is exactly what I had in mind, as it keeps the whole thing much more minimalistic feeling and unobtrusive. I am digging it!
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

UPDATE: I couldn't resist, and so I just started putting it into the AAR, and my it looks good! I am really liking the finished result cedric! If you're interested in seeing it in action, have a look at this post. The scenebreak gets used in at least 50% of my posts, and often gets used twice (or more), so having this will nicely spice up the imagery of my whole AAR greatly. Also, if you feel like having a look (and you like to read, as my AAR is very text-heavy) feel free to roll over to the OP and have a gander!

Finally, I desperately want to rep you for this, but unfortunately I've done that too recently. You'll get one soon though, I promise!
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Finally, I desperately want to rep you for this, but unfortunately I've done that too recently. You'll get one soon though, I promise!
    I took care of that. Great job, Cedric.

Patrician Citizen

Thanks, I'm glad that finally I could make up something good enough, as the start was really poor (sort of habit )

Tiberios's Avatar Le Paysan Soleil

Hello

I have a request for an avatar. Head and upper shoulders only, no background and reversed so the face is looking right.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Udklip.PNG  

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Is this acceptable?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tiberios_Avatar_TA-03.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	357586
    Last edited by paleologos; March 03, 2019 at 04:03 PM.

Tiberios's Avatar Le Paysan Soleil

Thanks a lot! Looks awesome.