Page 1 of 108 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 2148

Thread: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

  1. #1
    Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    12,317

    Default Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    As per this post from GrnEyedDvl.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    Report large threads, 10,000 or so posts. I have no idea how many we have, but we need to close them and open new ones.
    The original thread.

    If anyone wants a sig for me to make for them, this is the place to be.

    These are the following criterion:

    1. What theme do you want? Roman, Scifi, etc.

    2. What text do you want?

    3. Whatever else you come up with.

    I'll get to making everyone's sigs eventually. Now, just tell me what you want. And remember, when you get the sig, follow TWC's signature rules, here .

    EDIT: How to add in your signature!

    Right click on the image that was made and go to properties. You should see the URL of the image. It should say (minus the dashes),

    -http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4061/signame.jpg-

    Now, in order for you to be able to make that URL show up as an image you need to put the image "tags" around that URL. This is easily done, the same way changing the color of text or quoting someone manually is. The image tags are [IMG] and [/IMG]. Now, all you need to do is copy the URL of the sig I made you and put the image tags around it. If you do this in when you edit your signature in your CP what you should see is (minus dashes again),

    [IMG]-http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4061/signame.jpg-[/IMG]

    When you do this the URL will come up as an image instead of text. Hope this explains it well!

    LR

    *********************UPDATE RULE!!!************************
    Please Members do not uploading signatures via attachments. What it does is that the user then uses that attachment's URL in his signature and after that wherever he posts, that signature is downloaded multiple times depending upon the number of thread views it has. And since the signature is uploaded on TWC itself it causes unnecessary bandwidth wastage.
    *********************UPDATE RULE!!!************************

    Thanks
    y2day
    Last edited by y2day; September 08, 2012 at 10:32 PM.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

  2. #2
    y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Technical Staff Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    9,253

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    Thank you Hesus.




    TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

  3. #3
    Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    The US of A
    Posts
    2,931

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    I haven't been active for quite some time, but when I checked my control panel and saw the sig thread locked I almost lost my lunch. Thank god it was only done for technical purposes.

    Woe is the day when spam/trolling leaks its way into the blessed sig thread.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    I want this logo more clear defined and somehow "extracted" from the black background. The sinuous writing-if you spot it - means "Ultima Thule" so I guess I need the black spaces and inner black shapes between the letters being removed. I need 2 versions-a black and a white one ( the original and the negative lol).Some work on the contoures would be great also.

    Last edited by Orphydian; April 18, 2012 at 05:34 PM.

  5. #5
    Cannibalking's Avatar Biarchus
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    678

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    I think this is what you wanted to happen. If not, I misunderstood and I can make a better one. Let me know what you think.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  6. #6

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    well i dont know how this should look like out from the background but here is what i think:
    1) regarding the black one : you removed only the outer background
    2) regarding the white one : you left only the contoures

    So I think I need a mixed between you did right there. In both versions look what I want to keep:

    A)the body of the writting/letters ( so remove only the spaces between letters or surround the letters or the "empty" spces/holes inside a letter( for example the one from "A "). I know its more like a puzzle than a writting but thats the reason I want the background remove that way so that the writting becomes more visible.

    B) the contoures ( in the black version you just leave them as they are but in the white version since the body of the letters and of all the other elements should be white you need to color the contoures in black.

    C) those clouds or mountains from the top ( dont think should have empty shapes)

    Some extra content I want to be removed: in that wheel or the mythologic black sun from the very top the background inside it

  7. #7
    Cannibalking's Avatar Biarchus
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    678

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    Quote Originally Posted by AGATHODAIMON View Post
    well i dont know how this should look like out from the background but here is what i think:
    1) regarding the black one : you removed only the outer background
    2) regarding the white one : you left only the contoures

    So I think I need a mixed between you did right there. In both versions look what I want to keep:

    A)the body of the writting/letters ( so remove only the spaces between letters or surround the letters or the "empty" spces/holes inside a letter( for example the one from "A "). I know its more like a puzzle than a writting but thats the reason I want the background remove that way so that the writting becomes more visible.

    B) the contoures ( in the black version you just leave them as they are but in the white version since the body of the letters and of all the other elements should be white you need to color the contoures in black.

    C) those clouds or mountains from the top ( dont think should have empty shapes)

    Some extra content I want to be removed: in that wheel or the mythologic black sun from the very top the background inside it
    Alright, I can do this, just give me some time.

  8. #8
    Dean Martin's Avatar Tiro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spain/Poland
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    Hi, can you make me a signature including music of 60's 70's and 80's which would be in this case the conspect. Colours could be black and white. If there were on my signature people like Frank Sinatra Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. It should be really nice . Any text could be gold or maroon. If theres anything more i can tell just let me know.

    Thanks in advance.


  9. #9

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Martin View Post
    Hi, can you make me a signature including music of 60's 70's and 80's which would be in this case the conspect. Colours could be black and white. If there were on my signature people like Frank Sinatra Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. It should be really nice . Any text could be gold or maroon. If theres anything more i can tell just let me know.

    Thanks in advance.
    Something like these maybe? I added in Bobby Darin and Bing Crosby in a few, as it went with the whole "Rat Pack" idea. I'm afraid I don't know about any of the more recent artists, as I'm not sure what kind of music you like from that era. I'd feel weird if I just added my favorites.

    Spoiler for Idea 1

    Spoiler for Idea 2

    Spoiler for Idea 3


    I'm always up for tweaking, and I do have color versions of the first two as well, if that suits your fancy. Lastly, if you don't like any of these, you can simply disregard this post.
    “Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.” -Alexandre Dumas

  10. #10
    Cannibalking's Avatar Biarchus
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    678

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Jzech View Post
    Something like these maybe? I added in Bobby Darin and Bing Crosby in a few, as it went with the whole "Rat Pack" idea. I'm afraid I don't know about any of the more recent artists, as I'm not sure what kind of music you like from that era. I'd feel weird if I just added my favorites.

    Spoiler for Idea 1

    Spoiler for Idea 2

    Spoiler for Idea 3


    I'm always up for tweaking, and I do have color versions of the first two as well, if that suits your fancy. Lastly, if you don't like any of these, you can simply disregard this post.
    I like what you did in the third!

  11. #11
    Dean Martin's Avatar Tiro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spain/Poland
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    Those are gorgeous especialy the third one.
    + REP for that

    One last suggestion though, It would be great if behind Dean Martin text would be martini, because he really liked to have a drink sometimes

    Last edited by Dean Martin; April 20, 2012 at 04:37 PM.


  12. #12

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Martin View Post
    Those are gorgeous especialy the third one.
    + REP for that

    One last suggestion though, It would be great if behind Dean Martin text would be martini, because he really liked to have a drink sometimes
    No problem, here you go. It's always nice to see people that appreciate the classic stars.

    Spoiler for Added Martini


    And thanks to the people that gave me the compliments and rep. Glad to be of service.
    Last edited by Jzech; April 20, 2012 at 07:15 PM.
    “Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.” -Alexandre Dumas

  13. #13
    Dean Martin's Avatar Tiro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spain/Poland
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    Hah, great man many thanks


  14. #14
    Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar Aetī Avēas!
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC
    Posts
    16,291
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    Can someone make me a profile pic, with a roman auxillary in the middle, facing you (like in the second image) but with the shield symbol of the first image, and then have 2 cheetahs on either side of him (sitting down)?

    Thanks
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; November 10, 2012 at 08:07 AM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    hmm I hope my request will not be forgotten...

  16. #16

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Can someone make me a profile pic, with a roman auxillary in the middle, facing you (like in the second image) but with the shield symbol of the first image, and then have 2 cheetahs on either side of him (sitting down)?

    Thanks
    In the second image is it the guy in the background you want? I.e the one facing you?

  17. #17
    Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    3,808

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    Quote Originally Posted by AGATHODAIMON View Post
    hmm I hope my request will not be forgotten...
    Didn't Cannibalking fulfill your request?

  18. #18

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    Not entirely..cant you read our posts?

  19. #19
    Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar Aetī Avēas!
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC
    Posts
    16,291
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Harold View Post
    In the second image is it the guy in the background you want? I.e the one facing you?
    I want something like the roman in the foreground, and the similar image should be facing the viewer.

  20. #20
    Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    27,744

    Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

    Could someone put the words "Ferdiad, Destroyer of Threads " in my sig?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •