Page 1 of 115 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Art Requests - all non-modding requests

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Art Requests - all non-modding requests

How to use this thread

This thread is here for you to use for making requests for things such as userbars, avatars, signatures, and other art for your personal use here on TWC. (Requests relating to art for mods should be posted on the Modding Service Graphic Requests Thread.)

Art Staff are free to refuse any request at all - they're volunteers, and they have a limited amount of spare time to spend here, so it may not be possible for them to accept every request. Requests for art that will be used on TWC (in your signature, or in an AAR, for example) are likely to be accepted unless Art Staff are too busy to carry out your request. Requests for art that will be used somewhere other than TWC are less likely to be accepted. Please don't make requests for works that will earn money or solicit funds.

When you're posting a request, please give as much information as you can, like the theme, the text, the dimensions, your favored stock photos/pictures, etc.
    Also please specify what use will be made of this art. (Is this external or internal to TWC? Will it be a sigbar, or a banner for an AAR, or an avatar, or something else?)

************************************************************************************************
    More about signatures:
    How to add an image to your signature:

First of all, you need the URL of the image you want to use. Right click on the image that was made and go to properties. You should see the URL of the image. It should say, e.g.
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4061/signame.jpg

Now you need to add the image to your signature, using that URL. To do that, click on 'My Account' at the top of the page. Then click on 'Edit Signature', which is on the left-hand side of the page. There are two ways of adding an image to your signature.

The first way is to click on the image button: You will be prompted to add the URL, and then your image should be added to your signature. Click save once you're happy with the way it looks in the preview.

The second way is by adding the code manually This is very easy, and very similar to the way you can change the colour of text or quote someone manually. The image tags are [IMG] and [/IMG]. Now, all you need to do is copy the URL of the image you want to use and put the image tags around it, e.g.

[IMG]http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4061/signame.jpg[/IMG]

Again, click save once you're happy with the way it looks in the preview.

Important notice: Please do not upload signatures via attachments. If you do that, and then use the attachment's URL in your signature, TWC's bandwidth is used to download the image every time someone views a thread where you've posted. This can lead to slower loading times for TWC's pages.
    Last edited by Caillagh de Bodemloze; May 03, 2020 at 10:04 AM.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: Sig Service/Avatar Service/Userbar Service

Thank you Hesus.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

I haven't been active for quite some time, but when I checked my control panel and saw the sig thread locked I almost lost my lunch. Thank god it was only done for technical purposes.

Woe is the day when spam/trolling leaks its way into the blessed sig thread.

I want this logo more clear defined and somehow "extracted" from the black background. The sinuous writing-if you spot it - means "Ultima Thule" so I guess I need the black spaces and inner black shapes between the letters being removed. I need 2 versions-a black and a white one ( the original and the negative lol).Some work on the contoures would be great also.

Last edited by Kranos; April 18, 2012 at 05:34 PM.

Cannibalking's Avatar Biarchus

I think this is what you wanted to happen. If not, I misunderstood and I can make a better one. Let me know what you think.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

well i dont know how this should look like out from the background but here is what i think:
    1) regarding the black one : you removed only the outer background
    2) regarding the white one : you left only the contoures

So I think I need a mixed between you did right there. In both versions look what I want to keep:

A)the body of the writting/letters ( so remove only the spaces between letters or surround the letters or the "empty" spces/holes inside a letter( for example the one from "A "). I know its more like a puzzle than a writting but thats the reason I want the background remove that way so that the writting becomes more visible.

B) the contoures ( in the black version you just leave them as they are but in the white version since the body of the letters and of all the other elements should be white you need to color the contoures in black.

C) those clouds or mountains from the top ( dont think should have empty shapes)

Some extra content I want to be removed: in that wheel or the mythologic black sun from the very top the background inside it

Quote Originally Posted by AGATHODAIMON View Post
    well i dont know how this should look like out from the background but here is what i think:
    1) regarding the black one : you removed only the outer background
    2) regarding the white one : you left only the contoures

So I think I need a mixed between you did right there. In both versions look what I want to keep:

A)the body of the writting/letters ( so remove only the spaces between letters or surround the letters or the "empty" spces/holes inside a letter( for example the one from "A "). I know its more like a puzzle than a writting but thats the reason I want the background remove that way so that the writting becomes more visible.

B) the contoures ( in the black version you just leave them as they are but in the white version since the body of the letters and of all the other elements should be white you need to color the contoures in black.

C) those clouds or mountains from the top ( dont think should have empty shapes)

Some extra content I want to be removed: in that wheel or the mythologic black sun from the very top the background inside it
    Alright, I can do this, just give me some time.

Dean Martin's Avatar Tiro

Hi, can you make me a signature including music of 60's 70's and 80's which would be in this case the conspect. Colours could be black and white. If there were on my signature people like Frank Sinatra Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. It should be really nice . Any text could be gold or maroon. If theres anything more i can tell just let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Martin View Post
    Hi, can you make me a signature including music of 60's 70's and 80's which would be in this case the conspect. Colours could be black and white. If there were on my signature people like Frank Sinatra Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. It should be really nice . Any text could be gold or maroon. If theres anything more i can tell just let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    Something like these maybe? I added in Bobby Darin and Bing Crosby in a few, as it went with the whole "Rat Pack" idea. I'm afraid I don't know about any of the more recent artists, as I'm not sure what kind of music you like from that era. I'd feel weird if I just added my favorites.

Spoiler for Idea 1

Spoiler for Idea 2

Spoiler for Idea 3

I'm always up for tweaking, and I do have color versions of the first two as well, if that suits your fancy. Lastly, if you don't like any of these, you can simply disregard this post.
    “Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.” -Alexandre Dumas

Quote Originally Posted by Jzech View Post
    Something like these maybe? I added in Bobby Darin and Bing Crosby in a few, as it went with the whole "Rat Pack" idea. I'm afraid I don't know about any of the more recent artists, as I'm not sure what kind of music you like from that era. I'd feel weird if I just added my favorites.

Spoiler for Idea 1

Spoiler for Idea 2

Spoiler for Idea 3

I'm always up for tweaking, and I do have color versions of the first two as well, if that suits your fancy. Lastly, if you don't like any of these, you can simply disregard this post.
    I like what you did in the third!

Those are gorgeous especialy the third one.
    + REP for that

One last suggestion though, It would be great if behind Dean Martin text would be martini, because he really liked to have a drink sometimes

Last edited by Dean Martin; April 20, 2012 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Martin View Post
    Those are gorgeous especialy the third one.
    + REP for that

One last suggestion though, It would be great if behind Dean Martin text would be martini, because he really liked to have a drink sometimes
    No problem, here you go. It's always nice to see people that appreciate the classic stars.

Spoiler for Added Martini

And thanks to the people that gave me the compliments and rep. Glad to be of service.
    Last edited by Jzech; April 20, 2012 at 07:15 PM.
    “Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.” -Alexandre Dumas

Hah, great man many thanks

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Can someone make me a profile pic, with a roman auxillary in the middle, facing you (like in the second image) but with the shield symbol of the first image, and then have 2 cheetahs on either side of him (sitting down)?

Thanks
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; November 10, 2012 at 08:07 AM.

hmm I hope my request will not be forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Can someone make me a profile pic, with a roman auxillary in the middle, facing you (like in the second image) but with the shield symbol of the first image, and then have 2 cheetahs on either side of him (sitting down)?

Thanks
    In the second image is it the guy in the background you want? I.e the one facing you?

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Quote Originally Posted by AGATHODAIMON View Post
    hmm I hope my request will not be forgotten...
    Didn't Cannibalking fulfill your request?

Not entirely..cant you read our posts?

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Harold View Post
    In the second image is it the guy in the background you want? I.e the one facing you?
    I want something like the roman in the foreground, and the similar image should be facing the viewer.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Could someone put the words "Ferdiad, Destroyer of Threads " in my sig?