Page 293 of 293 FirstFirst ... 193243268283284285286287288289290291292293
Results 5,841 to 5,855 of 5855

Thread: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

  1. #5841
    paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Variable
    Posts
    7,027

    Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

    Hoping that Sar1n will come true I proceed to take my turn:

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	359966


  2. #5842

    Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

    I remember seeing something about this quite recently, so it wasn't hard to check.

    Hongdu L-15, or if you want Chinese Army designation, JL-10. Supersonic advanced trainer and light combat aircraft currently being introduced to PLAAF and PLAN.

  3. #5843
    paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Variable
    Posts
    7,027

    Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

    Hongdu L-15 is correct.
    (Can I get my cookie for Payen PA-22 now?)

  4. #5844

    Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

    Sorry for the delay...and bad censorship of markings, I am doing this on tiny travelling laptop.

  5. #5845

    Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

    A week has passed with no attempt.

    First hint. It was supposed to be a heavy fighter, with heavy armament for the period.

  6. #5846

    Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Sorry for the delay...and bad censorship of markings, I am doing this on tiny travelling laptop.
    Could it be a YO-27? Originally, the YO-27 was an observation plane, not a bomber, but I hadnt heard about it originally intending to be a fighter.
    Last edited by Common Soldier; December 01, 2019 at 06:09 PM. Reason: typo corrections

  7. #5847

    Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Common Soldier View Post
    Could it be a YO-27? Originally, rhe YO-27 was an observation plane, not a bomber, but I hadnt heard aboutnir being originally intended to be a fighter.
    Nope. This is even uglier.

  8. #5848

    Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

    Come on...I'll even give you another hint, but since it's been less than a week from last hint, it'll be somewhat cryptic.

    Moo Moo.

  9. #5849

    Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Common Soldier View Post
    Could it be a YO-27? Originally, the YO-27 was an observation plane, not a bomber, but I hadnt heard about it originally intending to be a fighter.
    Its not a YO-27. Could it be a Bristol Bagshot?


    Here is a picture of a Bristol Bagshot. Looks similar to me, but don;t know where the Moo Moo clue comes in.


  10. #5850

    Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

    That is the very image I used. Well, good job. It's a Bristol Type 95 Bagshot. Designed and first flown in 1927, it was supposed to be a heavy fighter armed with 2x Lewis MG and 2x COW (Coventry Ordnance Works) 37m cannons. Cue the Moo Moo. Oh, and it apparently flew like a cow, resulting in cancelling the project. The only prototype was, after some brief testing by Air Ministry, scrapped.

    Your turn.

    Edit: geez, I keep forgetting to go and spread some rep around, so I can give it to those few that still play this.
    Last edited by Sar1n; December 05, 2019 at 05:11 PM.

  11. #5851

    Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

    Here, this should be an easy one.



  12. #5852

    Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

    Russian floating power plant.

  13. #5853
    Centenarius
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    843

    Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    That is the very image I used. Well, good job. It's a Bristol Type 95 Bagshot. Designed and first flown in 1927, it was supposed to be a heavy fighter armed with 2x Lewis MG and 2x COW (Coventry Ordnance Works) 37m cannons. Cue the Moo Moo. Oh, and it apparently flew like a cow, resulting in cancelling the project. The only prototype was, after some brief testing by Air Ministry, scrapped.
    Interesting find, have some rep.
    I somehow can`t remember any heavy fighter that worked well (for the Germans, see the Bf 110), maybe the whole concept was flawed?

  14. #5854

    Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    Interesting find, have some rep.
    I somehow can`t remember any heavy fighter that worked well (for the Germans, see the Bf 110), maybe the whole concept was flawed?
    Depends on how you define the concept. They were never really meant to go toe to toe against lighter fighters, except for the case of Bf 110, because Germans believed, for a time, that the twin engine heavy fighter could outrun single engine fighter, which was briefly true. But Beaufighter, Mosquito and P-38, if you include that as heavy as it's kinda somewhere between, were excellent in heavy fighter variants, and Do335, Hornet and Tigercat showed a lot of promise, but came too late.

    Edit: I can't believe I forgot Westland Whirlwind.
    Last edited by Sar1n; Yesterday at 06:07 AM.

  15. #5855

    Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Russian floating power plant.
    Correct. The design was based off the Russian nuclear powered icebreakers. I rep you.

    Your turn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •