Page 1 of 335 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

GENERAL RULES

- One person posts a picture/question/riddle with any details the poster feels are necessary.
    - Everyone else tries to guess the picture/question posted or solve the riddle, whilst providing some details about their guess.
    - The person who guessed correctly then posts their own picture/question/riddle within 24 hours.
    - It is customary, though not an obligation, that the person who guessed correctly gets reputation from the original poster of the picture/question/riddle (or from another player/Gaming Staff if the OP cannot).
    - It is customary, though not an obligation, to post a hint every 24 hours if no one tried to guess it or in any case did not guess it right.
    - Anybody can take the turn if a picture/question/riddle isn't posted within 24 hours or if the person who guessed the last picture/question/riddle says that anybody can take his turn.
    - While no correct answer has been given, the member who posted a puzzle can pass their turn at any time. If after 2 weeks no answer has been confirmed as correct by the poster, any member can override the active puzzle by posting a new one. The staff/administration of TWC will at this point judge the validity of any outstanding answers to the superseded puzzle.
    - People are supposed to play fairly and to respect the other players and to do their best to ensure that the game keeps flowing. Blatant cheating, lack of respect, lack of input and so on and on might lead to the disqualification of the offending player for that round, this at the exclusive discretion of other players and/or Gaming Staff

- Flinn

Old thread.

Considering all nations have very distinctive-looking weaponry, I thought it would be an interesting idea to start a thread based around the identification of tanks, ships etc. through their photographs. When you identify the object in question, please give a little more details about it like its service history, famous battles it took part in etc., although these may be included by the poster if the object is particularly obscure.

Here is the first picture, nice and easy:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Built in the 20s and then underwent a refit in the 1930s. Named after a province in its country of origin.
    Last edited by Flinn; March 29, 2021 at 05:13 AM.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

The Vengur's Avatar Bloodthirsty Lunatic

Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

Italian Semovente (or however you spell it), 90 mm AA gun mounted and used as anti-tank/artillery
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Indeed, probably the most effective armoured vehicle they had.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

Jagdpanzer's Avatar Praepositus

ZB vz.39.

Since I know I'm right, here's the next picture. I want the specific name of the vehicle in the centre of the picture.

I hope its not the blunderous failure that was the rocket leaping Bren Gun Carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    I hope its not the blunderous failure that was the rocket leaping Bren Gun Carrier.
    Does this rocket leaping Bren Gun Carrier have a name or a more elaborate description?

Sounds intriguing doesn't it. I'll try to find a source. It was mentioned in a lecture and we were shown a picture of it, basically the idea is it would jump obstacles, problem is only the rockets on 1 side fired, and it flipped, spin, and landed on its roof, killing the crew.

Sounds intriguing doesn't it. I'll try to find a source. It was mentioned in a lecture and we were shown a picture of it, basically the idea is it would jump obstacles, problem is only the rockets on 1 side fired, and it flipped, spin, and landed on its roof, killing the crew.
    I would love to see a source for that, but it doesn't sound like my Bren gun carrier. This one is also really special. It is missing a very important part to begin with.

Default Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

New thread started as old one had to be disposed as per site owner's request. Long story short, these things are being done because of the recent slow downs and lags\503 errors that we are facing.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    Report large threads, 10,000 or so posts. I have no idea how many we have, but we need to close them and open new ones.
    Btw if anyone wants to report then please PM active moderators (who're online) instead of bulk reporting threads, it will be easy for us to manage then. Thanks.

Moving some of the recent posts from it, so that the continuity is not broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    New thread started as old one had to be disposed as per site owner's request. Long story short, these things are being done because of the recent slow downs and lags\503 errors that we are facing.

Btw if anyone wants to report then please PM active moderators (who're online) instead of bulk reporting threads, it will be easy for us to manage then. Thanks.

Moving some of the recent posts from it, so that the continuity is not broken.
    nooooo, i just lost 140 posts

I will repost the rules here:

Please listen as here are the rules and I'd rather not have this shut down:
    • One person posts a picture with any details the poster feels are necessary.
    • You can use imageshack or photobucket to post a picture. You're advised to change your picture's name before posting it. You can also mirror it and add stuff to fool image search engines and/or remove stuff like roundels that make it easy to identify a picture.
    • Everyone else tries to guess the picture posted, whilst providing some details about their guess.
    • The person who guessed correctly gets reputation from the original poster of the picture and then posts their own picture within 24 hours.
    • Anybody can take the turn if a picture isn't posted within 24 hours or if the person who guessed the last picture says that anybody can take his turn.
    • The process repeats itself.
    Has everyone got that?
    Last edited by Jagdpanzer; April 16, 2012 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Vengur View Post
    nooooo, i just lost 140 posts
    Sorry but it's necessary. Anyways since this thread is informative i have restored it, but please if someone revisits the old thread then make sure you're in liner mode. Check the thread from where i took GED's post and you'll know what i'm talking about. Lastly any talk about this goes here just in case someone has any queries\problems with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Red Knight View Post
    I will repost the rules here:

Has everyone got that?
    Thanks Red. I will add this in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Thanks Red. I will add this in the OP.
    Can you also add a link to the old thread in the OP?

EDIT: And thank you for restoring the old thread. It's very dear to me.
    Last edited by Jagdpanzer; April 16, 2012 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Knight View Post
    Can you also add a link to the old thread in the OP?
    Old thread is deleted, rep is marked as N/A.

and could we have some more clues for the Universal carrier?

:/ Okay, is their anyway we can extract a list of the items post so far?

Will I lose nearly 1300 posts and a lot of rep?

posts just got back, so it might be possible if someone is willing to look through it all.

Old thread is deleted, rep is marked as N/A.

and could we have some more clues for the Universal carrier?
    It's a highly explosive variant and it doesn't have an engine.

:/ Okay, is their anyway we can extract a list of the items post so far?

Will I lose nearly 1300 posts and a lot of rep?
    Rep doesn't get lost if a post or thread is deleted. It is marked as N/A (I believe that it stands for not available).

posts just got back, so it might be possible if someone is willing to look through it all.
    The old thread has been restored because of its educational value, but it will remain locked.

Last edited by Jagdpanzer; April 16, 2012 at 06:30 AM.

Okay, thats an ideal result. Sticky it perhaps? hehe