Page 65 of 178 FirstFirst ... 154055565758596061626364656667686970717273747590115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 3547

Thread: I'm currently listening to

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: I'm currently listening to

Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See

Their album 1993, with 10 nice tracks.
    I almost forgot about that band with very young talented Americans doing best Americana style music (similar to Cowboy Junkies).

Starting 1st track, official vid

...found still track 9
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 03, 2017 at 10:42 AM.

Bishop Briggs
    It reminds me of the 90s alternative rock and such....Portishead for example.

Patrician Artifex

Fleetwood Mac - The Dance

Live album/dvd, 1997

Listening/watching amazing 22 songs of Fleetwood Mac's best band constellation, consisting of Stevie Nicks (voc), Christine McVie (voc, keyboards), Lindsey Buckingham (voc, guitars), John McVie (bass), Mick Fleetwood (drums), with some additonial stage help of other musicians (congas, background vocals), plus with the song Tusk a huge band of horns/percussions.
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 11, 2017 at 10:30 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Last edited by River Lord; December 28, 2023 at 08:09 PM.
    A friend advises in his interest, not yours.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

"First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Civitate

Saw this rather old movie today for the first time, now I'm listening to the soundtrack.

"First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

A friend advises in his interest, not yours.

Patrician Artifex

inner - lovetheonlyway

CD album release 2002, 13 tracks. A group-work, produced by Jennifer Turner, all songs written, with three fellow musicians, on her own label.
    She's known from her superior excellent guitar job (and background vocals) at Natalie Merchant's famous debut Tigerlily album, 1995, and following tour (where i had the luck to watch a show, will never forget that), she's far less known from her own album with the group Furslide and other works ... i dedicated already a former post to Jen.

And ...doh... glad, finally have this album, a rare available piece of production, in europe at least.

I paid iirc. close above 10 € at amazon.de/marketplace, incl. order-costs / edit: wrong, just checked: 22 € ... still much more than fully okay.
    First, the order has been delayed a lot/sticked somewhere on the delivery-way, due to toll issues whatsoever.
    The US seller but did everything that i get the order still delivered, today it arrived.
    Just watched back at amazon.de for the same CD, now it costs there above 300 €, lol.

And yes, one of my ever best music product purchases, highest recommendation for the ones who understand something of indie pop music.
    For me an album for the handfull to the famous lonely isle, picked from hundreds or thousands at home.
    Perhaps fe. check it out and buy, here: https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/innermusic1 (10 $ album download )

Some found YT, songs from the album:

(a fan-filled version with bass and lead-guitar ... his bass work is pretty good, his guitar work too much imo., bit backholding would have been better, although he is not really bad at guitar, or as lead/solo guitar at the end passage of the track as short but emphasized entry, just because the song is meant and created as a minimalist instrumentation setting ... myself btw. playing rather played instruments, mainly guitar, not just only a music-listener)

EDIT

and because it is too good, it can't mentioned enough ... Natalie Merchant, Carnival (from Tigerlily album, 1995), official video
    Last edited by DaVinci; March 10, 2017 at 04:12 AM.

Civitate

Civitate

Last edited by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σω March 30, 2017 at 01:55 PM.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

freiheit

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by general molotof; April 17, 2017 at 04:24 PM.
    " Άρχεσθαι μαθών άρχειν επιστήσει "
    " When you learn to be commanded, you will learn to command "

Σόλων 630-560 π.Χ.

Patrician Artifex

Joseph Arthur & The Lonely Astronauts - Temporary People

Album release 2008.
    12 tracks, from which i consider around 10 as congenial. The ones who know/like music a la Green on Red / Chuck Prophet, Tom Petty, Neil Young, Lou Reed and such, would love it, too, i guess. Arthur runs here with a superb band, ie. includes the imo. most sexiest female bass player on stage, Sibyl Buck. And yes, one of my most favourite female musician, Jennifer Turner, is on board as well, with various instruments and back vocals, probably the reason why i mention the album here, fe. see my former post here
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 25, 2017 at 10:45 AM.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Patrician Artifex

Tina Dico - Count To Ten

Her wonderful album, released 2008. There is not a slightest weak moment on this piece of music art.
    I can't help to express again and again my admiration for Tina Dico, and her bandmates which change during the years, whereas the producer Dennis Ahlgren is mere a constant member on her releases and also on stage.

Not first this year underways with her in the meantime husband Helgi Jonsson, a music genius in his own right.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 25, 2017 at 10:11 AM.