Thread: I'm currently listening to

Default Re: I'm currently listening to

Darzu ist erschienen der Sohn Gottes BWV 40

"You know… the thing" - President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., vaguely alluding to the Declaration of Independence

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

The Peter Malick Group - New York City (Feat. Norah Jones)

A little gem of a short album with 7 excellent tracks, released 2003.

YT full album
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Jesu, nun sei gepreiset BWV 41

"You know… the thing" - President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., vaguely alluding to the Declaration of Independence

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Deafheaven have decided to go all 1990s indie/britpop on us while still sounding masterfully like Deafheaven.

Also excited by Cherry Glazerr's new stuff.

And just because....

I'm convinced that if Tribulation mixed up their vocals a bit and adventured away from just growls, they'd be one of the greatest bands of our era.
    Last edited by antaeus; August 27, 2021 at 01:26 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Am Abend aber desselbigen Sabbats BWV 42

Gott fähret auf mit Jauchzen BWV 43 ("God rides up with cheers")

Last edited by skh1; August 28, 2021 at 11:18 PM.

Tonight i like some growling and guitar "geschraddel" (sorry don't know the word for this way of playing a guitar )

Inspired by a discusion today: ^^

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Tonight i like some growling and guitar "geschraddel" (sorry don't know the word for this way of playing a guitar )
    I would say "shredding" comes closest.

--

Here is some proper music

Opal - Happy Nightmare Baby

Opal's brilliant album from 1987. Opal, a band that was basically the genious David Roback (guitar) with Kendra Smith (voc, bass), plus Suki Ewers (organ) and Keith Mitchell (drums).
    My latest Opal purchase, adding to Early Recordings.

YT full album
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 05, 2021 at 06:25 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Nice tip.

My favourite:

Patrician Artifex

Rain Parade - Emergency Third Rail Power Trip

Rain Parade's amazing debut album release 1983.
    Quasi a pre-curser album to Rainy Day (album Rainy Day) and Opal (aka then culminating into Mazzy Star, as Kendra Smith went into the woods, no joke, actually disappeared for a good while in the wilderness).
    Matt Piucci, Steven and David Roback as founding members. Among others shaped the 'Paisley Underground' style of the 1980s, LA/California.
    Far ahead of their time, or rather timeless (between the 1960s and presence). It was the true neo-psychodelia, influencing many bands.

YT full album (track 1-10) plus track 11-15 of the fantastic EP 'Explosions In The Glass Palace'.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 05, 2021 at 08:29 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Clay Allison, Lisa's Funeral 1984

"Clay Allison", a short pre-curser band of Opal, produced by David Roback and Kendra Smith.

Patrician Artifex

Kendra Smith, Valley Of The Morning Sun (from her masterwork album 'Five Ways Of Disappearing', 1995)

goosebumps
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 05, 2021 at 08:52 AM.

Patrician Artifex

The Dream Syndicate, Live on KEXP, 2014

These are ing amazing rock dudes from the 1980's Paisley Underground earliest scene (Kendra Smith was playing in this band as founding member with Steve Wynn), reformed in 2012.

They know how shredding the guitar's really goes ... check track 3 "John Coltrane Stereo Blues".
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 05, 2021 at 10:01 AM.