Thread: I'm currently listening to

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Default Re: I'm currently listening to

NIN- With Teeth

The album gets a lot of from a decent amount of fans but I think the highs on it are really great. Only/Everyday is Exactly the Same/The Hand that Feeds are great Electronic/Industrial Rock songs that have a little more mainstream appeal than some of Trent’s other work
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; May 22, 2020 at 09:51 PM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Agnes Obel, Deezer Sessions

rather beautiful random find on youtube
    Fantastic! Have Agnes on the radar for quite a time, but that ... is so convincing. Thanks for sharing this finding.
    Didn't know "Deezer Sessions" as of yet, amazing audiophile acoustic sound, a super YT source!

Here's another Deezer Sessions with one of my favourites, Angus & Julia Stone, 2014

and Christine and The Queens, 2013 (as memo to another great artist for myself)

plus London Grammar, 2013
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 23, 2020 at 12:02 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; May 23, 2020 at 10:43 PM.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Patrician Artifex

Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 9 in D Minor Op. 125 - Ode to Joy
    Eventually scroll forth to ca. min 2:25 (concert start)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoNN0nRTrV4
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 24, 2020 at 11:10 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Please note there might be some questionable language in some of these before you press play.

Nine Inch Nails:

I didn't link the music video for the last one because I'm pretty sure it can potentially cause epileptic seizures due to flashing lights.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Old Classic Rock:

90s Rock:

Hip Hop:

Absolute weird that has been stuck in my head since I first heard it a year ago:

Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; May 25, 2020 at 01:17 AM.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

^Nice. Helmet is my favourite band. Was meant to see them this month, but obviously that got called off. I think they are coming back to Aus in November.

Patrician Artifex

Sólstafir, official vids, tracks from album Berdreyminn, 2017

Silfur-Refur

Bláfjall

Hula
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 26, 2020 at 06:28 AM.

Content Emeritus

STOMP STOMP STOMP

Patrician Artifex

Rainbow - On Stage

On Stage is a live album release from 1977, covers recording of the 1976 Rising world tour.
    One of my earliest LPs as youngster, where Hard Rock (and Psychodelic Rock) was my thing.
    Later bought as CD as well, and still playing it from time to time, also in rememberance of Ronnie James Dio (RIP).

Full playlist, YT: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...4Vf3P8t0Ljg_E0
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 10:14 AM.

Patrician Artifex

UFO - Strangers In The Night

UFO's second live album, release 1979. Like above one of my (many) Hard Rock LPs, and re-purchased later as CD.

UFO is one of the earliest Hard Rock bands, like Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Thin Lizzy and few other, founded in the end 60s, which made up the genre of Heavy Rock (later "Heavy Metal", etc.).
    The 1970s is the main decade of that genre. Its artists were actually very capable musicians versus what came up from on the 80s and 90s in this area (Guns N Roses and Pearl Jam are exceptions), not to speak of still later.
    Todays, real capable heavy rock bands can be rather counted on one hand ... Sólstafir is one of them.

Full album, YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTS1eUUfxF4
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 10:14 AM.

Patrician Artifex

AURORA - All My Demons Greeting Me As A Friend

The debut album release from 2016, after a debut EP in 2015.
    I'm also proud owner of her second album A Different Kind of Human (Step 2).
    The imo. actual greatist talent of the contemporary young generation (she was born 1996) within the alternative pop genre.
    Fe. Aurora is known to have written many of her songs in her children age. For me a most impressive artist and human being (? ... ) on planet earth.

...and now...

London Grammar - Truth Is A Beautiful Thing (Deluxe edition)

London Grammar, mindblowing and many awards winning band, since their debut album from 2013 'If You Wait'.
    This second album from 2017 exceeds the quality of the first, it's grand from the first to the last tone, a complete masterwork.
    A leading band in the indie and art pop genre, mainly thanks to Hannah Reid, an exceptionel capable (if not currently the best) vocalist, and songwriter, while her two bandmates do not stand back in musical capacity, a perfect trio.

Some live recordings from tracks that are on the (deluxe*) album

Rooting For You

Oh Woman Oh Man

Hell To The Liars

* Bitter Sweet Symphony (The Verve, cover)
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 09:11 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Just...

Agnes Obel - Citizen Of Glass

Album release from 2016.

...and now...

Agnes Obel - Myopia

Album release from 2020.

The above albums arrived me yesterday.
    Thanks to Makanyane posted here a Deezer Session video a few days ago, i become finally* a fan of this exceptionel indie pop artist as well.

* had her already on older buy-lists, but always forgotten to proceed
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 09:05 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Camille O’Sullivan - Live, 2010

... bit of quality musical "cabaret" fun by an exceptionel artist in these days where news with Donald "Mussolini" Trump pollutes the screens again.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 31, 2020 at 09:43 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Belau - Essence, ft. Sophie Barker

live version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAIkZ-BVKKs

Spirit of Talk Talk Band, ft. Sophie Barker 'It's My Life' - Lockdown Charity recording 05 05 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whrFDTof2D4

Start Me, live (from her album 'Break The Habit', 2017)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrKvvdrwN7E

... just random nice findings as watched for newer Sophie Barker (an alltime favourite) stuff on YT.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 02, 2020 at 10:36 AM.

Content Emeritus

I push my fingers into my EYES

Souron's Avatar Civis

Found this band recently and thought it was something a a bit different to what i normally listen to

Personal fav lyric

Oh baby, it's alright
    It's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair

Taking Thrones of Britannia back to pre-roman Britian