Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: I'm currently listening to

Social distancing —

Not social distancing —

"You know… the thing" - President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., vaguely alluding to the Declaration of Independence

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

The Waterboys - Modern Blues

The excellent album release from 2015, where Grammy-award winner Paul Brown (Brother Paul) joined in as keyborder and backvocalist.

Besides the epic rock song 'Long Strange Golden Road' (an alltime favourite of mine), which tells about something like a kind of life resumee, it contains the outstanding song 'I Can See Elvis', where "The King" is endorsed aside to Hendrix, Lennon and others.
    They are altogether story-telling songs and the driving beat (thanks to fe. super drummer Ralph Salmins and David Hood on bass) takes you with them.

Found two official videos:

November Tale

Beautiful Now
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 10:17 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; May 03, 2020 at 10:04 AM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way

Content Emeritus

Sometimes I'm happy
    Sometimes I'm sad

Patrician Artifex

Stevie Nicks - In Your Dreams

The 7th solo album by Stevie from 2011.

One of the most versed and skilled records of her career, 100 % perfect American pop rock, produced by Dave Stewart.
    While i personally feel it lacks slightly the spirit of her former album releases. But well, the sorceress and her stable mates made here another masterpiece, no question.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 10:17 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

The Waterboys - An Appointment with Mr. Yeats

The 10th album release, 2011. A most spiritful masterpiece.
    For me a real milestone in contemporary music arts, and a must-have for the desert isle.

Complete songs.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 10:18 AM.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Back to the 80s

"Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Patrician Artifex

The Waterboys - Book Of Lighting

Their ninth studio album, wiki page says release 2007.
    I'm proud owner of the 'Special Limited Edition' released 2006, containing the 59:14 minutes DVD "The Travels Of The Waterboys". I can't remember, perhaps i got it right from a tour concert.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 10:18 AM.

Patrician Artifex

A fantastic concert excerpt with the amazing Leslie Feist and others like Dope Lemon (Angus Stone) https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/091980...nd-efterklang/ (temporary streaming ... watch it now when interested).
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 15, 2020 at 04:57 PM.

Patrician Artifex

The Waterboys - Karma to Burn

As of yet the only official live album, released 2005.
    The songs spanning a bow from all phases since the 1980s like fe. "The Pan Within" or "Fisherman's Blues" over Scott's solo album projects with titles like "My Darkside" and "Bring 'Em All In" to the last studio album 'Universal Hall' (2003) like "Peace of Iona".
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 10:19 AM.

Content Emeritus

Some good ol' cross-over thrash

Last edited by Turkafinwë; May 16, 2020 at 04:32 PM. Reason: '

Patrician Artifex

Some of the best synth pop art these days comes from Charlotte Emma Aitchison alias Charli XCX,
    loving what she is doing ... started with low budget productions

Nuclear Season

You (Ha Ha Ha)

both from her debut album True Romance, 2013 (which i own)

and went on with 70s and 80s flair trash pop

from album Sucker, 2014

and more recent, from album Charli, 2019

her newest stuff, 2020 (under quarantine conditions)

Last edited by DaVinci; May 18, 2020 at 01:34 AM.

Since i feel stressed...

Patrician Artifex

... maybe listening and watching the current greatist Scandinavian talents helps?

The Elven child AURORA

Glastonbury, 2016

Nidaros cathedral, Trondheim, 2017

Lollapalooza Brasil, 2018

Glastonbury, 2019

and pure energy, Sigrid

Rock Werchter 2018

Reading 2018
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 19, 2020 at 02:44 AM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Awh heck yeah, as a Norwegian I'm always glad to see our stars shine through globally
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Awh heck yeah, as a Norwegian I'm always glad to see our stars shine through globally
    In the case of AURORA, i'm pretty sure she is otherworldly.