Page 100 of 177 FirstFirst ... 507590919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110125150 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 3530

Thread: I'm currently listening to

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: I'm currently listening to

The Waterboys - Out Of All This Blue

Their 12th studio album from 2017.
    Sticks much out of what they are doing else, the most poppy album to date. Interesting at least.
    For me personally the weakest (saying, as complete Waterboys fan), but still highest quality music, crossing diverse genres of sounds, including Funk and Dance.
    Also much influenced by American music styles and lyric themes. Much of an contrary piece to Mike Scott's rather "British" themes, while he resided in the USA.

One song reminds or quasi links to the former super excellent album 'Modern Blues' (2014/2015), my personal favourite (aside the outstanding 'An Appointment with Mr. Yeats', 2011), a typical Waterboys solid rock number, where Brother Paul's organ, Mike's e-guitar and short story telling leads, while the bass pushes and drums drives like hell (all played by Mike).

Morning Came Too Soon

Edit:
    Well i have the Deluxe edition which is a three CD release, and the more i hear it, the better. It shows like no other Mike's further-development in the music universe. And thus must revert my stance of "weakest album", which was a very wrong label by me, rather contrary, it's a most versatile album work. A very impressing production and quasi a fantastic pre-cursor to the album 'Where The Action Is', which is pure perfection and follows the direction of crossover music styles production from 'Out Of All This blue' by the song-writing genius and multi-instrumentalist Mike Scott and his super-skilled band companions.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 10:20 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Something appropriate for Good Friday

Patrician Artifex

The Waterboys

Where The Action Is (from the album of the same title, 2019)

Ladbroke Grove Symphony (from the same album)

Piper at the Gates of Dawn (from the same album)

And as easteregg the best rock song of at least the last decade, and one of the best ever created on the planet

Long Strange Golden Road (2015)
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 11, 2020 at 12:14 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

My Tina Dico morning fix

Spark

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

A couple of artists I follow are putting up live or home recorded performances in these lockdown times. Here's one:

"Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Campidoctor

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Pretty people performing pretty music —

"You know… the thing" - President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., vaguely alluding to the Declaration of Independence

Lots of these, I'm finding it a good insomnia cure - till the tab shuts off, or YouTube decides to play a stupid ad in the middle...

Content Emeritus

Content Emeritus

Campidoctor

Sometimes you need something atrocious. Something that barely belongs into the 'Arts' section.
    But then, what's arts anyways? Something that reminds you of awkward times? Right.

Patrician Artifex

Stevie Nicks - Rock A Little

Stevie's solo album from 1985.

In the middle to end of 80s one of my favourite LPs, and still consider it one of the best album releases of that time.

Edit

Found one offical video, 'You Can Talk to Me', just one of the perfect pop rock titles of the album
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 10:21 AM.

chriscase's Avatar Chairman Miao
    Civitate Patrician

The first two albums by The Cars. I remember the first one in fine detail since I owned it when it came out and played the crap out of it. What I forgot is how good Candy-O is as well. I mean, you've got all the recognizable radio tunes but then in the middle of it you get "filler" like this:

Why is it that mysteries are always about something bad? You never hear there's a mystery, and then it's like, "Who made cookies?"
    - Demetri Martin

Praeses

Finally figured it out.

I love both these bands and both songs are classics, but i almost feel this mashup is better than the originals.

Funny story, VH supported ACDC on a US tour and supposedly they hated each other's guts. There's an interview with Angus Young where he says "we're a rock band, they're a pop band" and David Lee Roth stated more fans attended the concerts to see them than the main act.

I think Diamond Dave and Bon Scott would've got along OK, but Bon was dead by then....
    Last edited by Cyclops; April 26, 2020 at 11:46 PM.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I think Diamond Dave and Bon Scott would've got along OK, but Bon was dead by then....
    +rep, have to love someone that remembers Bon Scott - I thought they were so much better with him, but just missed seeing AC/DC live with him

(I've just realised I might be a bit of a jinx on singers - see also, just missing getting to see Linkin Park )

Have just found Badflower - Explicit language warning: - and for most of their other stuff explicit language and disturbing (mental health) content! Great music though...

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Chilling out

Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Patrician Artifex

The Waterboys - Where The Action Is (Deluxe edition)

The album (with bonus CD) arrived me finally.
    Overwhelming great!
    Produced by Mike and Scott and Brother Paul. It results into a "crown of creation" of pop and rock music history in whole, and rows itself into the most leading albums of the Waterboys' releases.

have to love someone that remembers Bon Scott - I thought they were so much better with him, but just missed seeing AC/DC live with him

(I've just realised I might be a bit of a jinx on singers - see also, just missing getting to see Linkin Park )
    Ofc, i know AC/DC with Bon Scott, had all those old LPs back in the time.

Btw., you don't know what a good rock concert is, when you weren't in a Springsteen & E Street Band (at best in the 80s, or whenever) and in a Waterboys concert (in the 90s, or whenever).
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Posts merged.