Page 93 of 178 FirstFirst ... 43688384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103118143 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 3550

Thread: I'm currently listening to

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: I'm currently listening to

PJ Harvey - Let England Shake

Her album release from 2011. Awesome masterpiece.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 10:55 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    PJ Harvey - Let England Shake

Her album release from 2011. Awesome masterpiece.

This is brilliant, one of my all time favourites!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Patrician Artifex

Tindersticks - Tindersticks

Their debut album release 1993.

They toured with the album as support band for Nick Cave. And it was certainly no random decision by Nick Cave, but a best possible choice.

--

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    This is brilliant, one of my all time favourites!
    Good choice, proves good music taste.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 10:56 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

Stuart A. Staples - Leaving Songs

Just another masterpiece by the mastermind of Tindersticks "solo" ("..." because half of the Tindersticks bandmates played here as well), album release 2006.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 10:56 AM.

Campidoctor

Ethereal. Especially the latter half.

Patrician Artifex

Madonna - Madame X (Limited Edition Deluxe Hardcover)

Still my favourite song, Future, while the whole album is pop art of utmost quality
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 10:59 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Daughter - If You Leave

This debut album release from 2013 is a throughout very well made piece of art. From the 10 tracks, none is weak.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 11:01 AM.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; October 29, 2019 at 01:26 PM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; October 30, 2019 at 05:00 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Carolyne Mas - Mas Hysteria

One of the best live records ever, and this by a kind of unknown artist, Carolyne Mas.
    Released 1980, it was her third album.
    I own that record as LP iirc. since release year, and at the time it made some good furore, especially Sittin' In The Dark has been the "burner".
    Of course it must have been bought also as CD later. A rare available highlight in the history of recorded live concerts.

Sittin' In The Dark
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 11:02 AM.

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; October 30, 2019 at 04:40 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Natalie Merchant - Natalie Merchant

The 11 tracks album release from 2014 is Natalie Merchant's 6th studio album.
    It belongs to such works which become better with every listening. American poetry-like folk pop of highest order, one of the rare artists who is doing real art.

Found an album preview video
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 11:03 AM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

She won't be looking like that now.
    Time ruins everything...
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Patrician Artifex

Katie Kim - Salt

A remarkable album release from 2016 from a very high talented but almost unknown Irish artist calling Katie Sullivan with real name.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 11:04 AM.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Really close to my heart.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Ukiah's Avatar Decanus

Patrician Artifex

The Walkabouts - Travels In The Dustland

The Walkabouts marvelous album release from 2011.
    Since the 80s they are pioneers of underground folk/country-rock with early punk/wave attitudes.
    One of the most underrated bands from (and esp. in) the USA, as they deliver contempory music art of highest quality, thus they have at least a strong fanbase in Europe.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 29, 2020 at 11:07 AM.

Campidoctor

Some weird contrast, I know. ^^
    Last edited by Derc; November 07, 2019 at 02:41 PM.

Praeses

https://youtube/LW6qGy3RtwY

Recorded in Athens by a Constantinopolitan in Smyrnan dialect by a rebetiko band in an arguably Levantine (but certainly East Mediterranean) style about an Egyptian girl.
    Edit: why can;'t I post videos on this site? I can everywhere else. I feel like such a boomer.
    Last edited by Cyclops; November 07, 2019 at 02:48 PM.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; November 09, 2019 at 06:59 AM.