Thread: I'm currently listening to

Default Re: I'm currently listening to

Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; September 17, 2020 at 05:12 AM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Uriah Heep - … very ’eavy … very ’umble

The band's debut album 1970. A tremondous effort of genious musicians, who started the progressive and heavy metal genre, which is showing their very broad capability.
    Favourites of mine aside to 'Gypsy' (track 1, a heavy killer sound) and 'Dreammare' (track 5, classic hard rock) is the merely balad-like but iconic 'Come Away Melinda' (track 3) and the last one 'Wake up' (track 8, with kinda funky jazz elements).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE7kFhHpk9w
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 17, 2020 at 11:41 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I like this from Uriah Heep, as teen it was one of the first songs from the LPs of my father i liked.

Patrician Artifex

Yeah, Lady in Black, originally from their third album release "Salisbury", 1971. A big radio hit in Germany in the later 70s, which even was liked by my mother, who else heard Neil Diamond and such.
    Their first and merely only kinda pop number of the early 70s, which probably made some according cash. Interesting enough, the singer there is Ken Hensley, the lead writer and keyborder of the original band, whereas David Byron was normally (or originally) the lead singer. In the second half of the 70s, David Byron was replaced by John Lawton (who can be seen on the right side of Ken in your uploaded video). As young teen i had and liked the evolving albums of that period, but later totally disliked it, because they went a tad too poppy for my then developed taste, but mainly i didn't like the voice of John Lawton anymore at all.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 17, 2020 at 11:39 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

Uriah Heep - Salisbury

Third album, 1971. Very solid all around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3rQhWyJLmk

Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Larissa Ernst is a good replacement for Sonia Nusselder as lead guitarist in my opinion.

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; September 19, 2020 at 09:49 AM.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; September 19, 2020 at 07:57 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Content Emeritus

A bit cheesy but it reminds me of the end of every Sabaton concert I've been to. I really miss going to concerts and festivals.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Speaking of cheesy (And Joakim), I found the workout song a couple of weeks ago, it gets better with every repeat

Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Speaking of cheesy (And Joakim), I found the workout song a couple of weeks ago, it gets better with every repeat

A robot Joakim?! Time to flex! It really is an earworm.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

To be truly counter culture, you have to completely immerse yourself in mainstream thought, and become that which you despise. Today's work playlist...

And I'll probably finish the day with Darkthrone.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Good Morning, World.

Time to wake up...

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; September 21, 2020 at 11:12 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Uriah Heep - Demons and Wizards

The fourth album of the legendary British Hard Rock group, recorded 1971, released 1972.

Contains with track 01 'The Wizard' and also tracks 02 'Traveller in Time' and 03 'Easy Livin' some of their finest songs. Many say, including band members, it's their most favourite album.
    It's certainly to that date, their most round and "smooth" album. Also the band then consists of long-time members from this point, the much capable new members Gary Thain (bass) and Lee Kerslake (drums).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1VoSzr_4ug

Here i will end my kind of presentation of such early Hard Rock stuff.
    Uriah Heep, aside to Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin, belong to the most capable pioneers of the genre.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 22, 2020 at 04:58 AM.

Content Emeritus

Some love for my Dutch cousins. ahoo ho woah!

Campidoctor