Page 75 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2550656667686970717273747576777879808182838485100125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 3547

Thread: I'm currently listening to

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: I'm currently listening to

Dirtmusic - Lion City

Dirtmusic released 2014 this album with 11 tracks, which derives from the same Bamako sessions as with the album Troubles, but offers a different sound and atmosphere.
    Again highest quality worldmusic.

Link to all 11 tracks, yt: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...9J_sa62JqXO83v
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

Somehow just remembered Chuck Prophet and Dan Stuart, their band Green On Red, which were (are) a great American band of the 1980s, some older people here might remember them. I had once the luck to watch them live in my hometown.

Found a well recorded live concert from 2006, Rockpalast/Germany, well worth listening&watching.

Tracklist
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    01. Cheap Wine 02. This I Know 03. Down To The Bone 04. Keep On Moving 05. 16 Ways 06. Time Ain't Nothing 07. The Drifter 08. Sea Of Cortez 09. We Ain't Free 10. Fading Away 11. Ballad Of Guy Fawkes 12. Don't Shine Your Light 13. Clarkesville
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 09, 2018 at 09:26 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

And again my favourite female music artist, since circa 2011, Tina Dico. Some found live pieces uploaded/recorded by fans.

Danmark, Smukfest, 2014

Someone You Love, from album Whispers 2014

Drifting, from album Whispers 2014

Germany, Köln, 2015

Sacre Coeur

and another nice catch, Danmark, Roskilde, 2015

You Dont Step Into Love* & Sacre Coeur, * from album Whispers 2014
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 10, 2018 at 12:17 PM.

Where has he been my whole life? So good

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by alien_ali View Post
    Kaleo - Way Down We Go. Scandinavians know how to make good music)
    ...perhaps you need assistance for adding yt's?

1 Use 'Go Advanced'
    2 find and add the yt (button)
    3 find and insert the according yt link, like:
    a) Right-click on the video and choose first line (copy url),
    b) add that into the provided yt adress preparation (from step 2),
    c) but leave only the bold part of the following example in it.

https://youtu.be/0-7IHOXkiV8 ... et voila, you'll get

Last edited by DaVinci; May 14, 2018 at 06:58 PM.

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

I like the tune of this. Sounds russian but its most likely to be chechen.

Last edited by Bantu Chieftain; May 16, 2018 at 02:35 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Tina Dico - Count To Ten ; Special Edition

The 2017 released special edition album, as anniversary version of the original album from 2007, contains the 10 tracks as acoustic versions, besides the originals (double cd album).
    Just listening to the wonderful acoustics.

some yt's of these acoustic records

track 4, Night Cab

track 5, You Know Better

track 6, Sacre Coeur

track 7, Craftsmanship And Poetry

track 8, My Business

track 9, Cruel To The Sensitive Kind

track 10, Everybody Knows
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 19, 2018 at 12:45 PM.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; May 19, 2018 at 11:31 PM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Can't get enough of this one.

Patrician Artifex

In between a little tribute to one of the greatist singers the planet has ever seen, Amy Winehouse (1983-2011, rip ... never forgettin' her).

Live pieces

Monkey Man, in Later At Jools show

Black To Black, in a small church, Ireland

I love you more than you'll ever know (a Donny Hathaway soul classic)

Me & Mr Jones, Isle of Wight

Valerie (ofc this can't be left out as separate video)

Stronger Than Me, in Later At Jools show (still young and healthy)

and a longer show, great 45 minutes, 2004 (even so young and healthy)

more longer shows

23 minutes, 2007, MTV

51 minutes, 2007, BBC Sessions

58 minutes, 2007, Glastonbury

35 minutes, 2008, In The Park

105 minutes, 2008, Glastonbury

and at last amazing 52 minutes (more or less my favourite Amy live record)
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 22, 2018 at 07:01 PM.

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; May 24, 2018 at 11:16 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Love Alanis' "Hand In My Pocket", from her debut album Jagged Little Pill, 1995. Her first album is still her best (have pretty much all of her album releases).

Das Lumpenpack ... German musicians and poetry-slammers.

Just saw them live in Ina's Nacht (live tv show). The show made my day and Das Lumpenpack set the point on the i with their performed song 'RockPopCoverBand' there.
    Thought i shall share that for me new discovery of another group of capable, talented young guys from good old Germany. The main quality sits in their texts, so i'm sorry for the non-german speaking/understanding.

RockPopCoverBand (official video)

another one

Die Zukunft wird groß (Official Video)

one more

Wingman

also nice

Don des Dorfes

and

Heilpraktiker
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 26, 2018 at 08:08 PM.

Ahh, Ina´s Nacht is this funny Late Night Talk Show in this small pup(="Kneipe") in Hamburg-Altona.^^

I look this sometimes too. I´m not that big "Late Night-Fan", depends heavily, if there are interesting guests.

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; May 26, 2018 at 06:27 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Ahh, Ina´s Nacht is this funny Late Night Talk Show in this small pup(="Kneipe") in Hamburg-Altona.^^
    That's right. The pub calls Schellfischposten (engl. translation: haddockpost) and is in the harbour scene close to the water.

I look this sometimes too. I´m not that big "Late Night-Fan", depends heavily, if there are interesting guests.
    Watching it usually randomly. In the meantime one can find uncountable yt's of the music-guests, and that's a good source for me.
    I discovered A Lot supercapable musicians there, which caused me quickly to buy their cd's and became fan. German and International musician guests, which are directly invited by Ina (who is a musician herself), and often those artists were pretty unknown in Germany and got their springboard for Germany with the show.

P.S. Wir Sind Helden is another great (in the meantime old) German band, have a few cd's of them (just watched: Even four cd albums).
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 26, 2018 at 06:46 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Zara Larsson ... her fans call her the new Queen of Pop.

Not really my music, but she is actually such a talented singer, performer, dancer and even so beautiful with likeable appearance, it's stunning, so that i very much understand the kids/youngsters falling in love for her.

That girl is just 21 in 2018. As little comparison, Madonna was already 25 as she had her hit 'Holiday' from her debut album (and then shooting up with her second album Like A Virgin, 1984).

Uncover, 2015

edit: just found out this song is recorded 2013 already, as she was sweet little sixteen.

Lush Life, 2015

Ain't My Fault, 2016

And she can do all that live as well.

Live 2017

Watch her up, on yt for more.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 27, 2018 at 12:43 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Lykke Li - Wounded Rhymes

The 2011 released 10 track album by an exceptionnel artist from Sweden.
    Her special quality sticks in the songwriting, which is authentic and poetry-like, and outstanding instrumental composition, all connected with a pretty unique singing style and she's blessed with a terrific backing, an actually very capable young band.

The songs, yt's in track order of the album:

Youth Knows No Pain

I Follow Rivers (everybody knows the 2011 summerhit)

Love Out Of Lust

Unrequited Love

Get Some (synthesis of the arts here)

Rich Kids Blues

Sadness Is A Blessing (special video, music starts at 1:50, song belongs to my favs)

I Know Places (my favourite of the album, i believe ... can't help, love the minimalist style)

Jerome (as well a favourite)

Silent My Song

---

MTV Unplugged, 2011 (OMG, so great, love it ... wanna wannnnna waahaana have it as cd/dvd)

setlist
    01. [0:00:00] On I Follow Rivers 02. [0:00:11] I Follow Rivers 03. [0:03:46] On Choosing To Perform The Cover Velvet 04. [0:04:18] Velvet (The Big Pink cover) 05. [0:08:01] On Performing Dance Dance Dance 06. [0:08:38] Dance, Dance, Dance 07. [0:12:31] On Choosing To Perform Possibility 08. [0:12:49] Possibility 09. [0:18:06] On Writing Sadness Is A Blessing 10. [0:18:51] Sadness is a Blessing 11. [0:23:03] On I Know Places 12. [0:23:26] I Know Places 13. [0:27:40] On Her Writing Style 14. [0:28:08] Jerome 15. [0:31:32] On How She Approached Her Unplugged Performance

---

...have two other albums from her, the debut 2008 calling 'Youth Novels' and 'I Never Learn' released 2014.

Few days ago heard once again the 'I Never Learn' album, which is slight better as her former work (a different more ripe sound and all in all like a natural further development), while all three albums are superlatives in their own right, and i have no clear favourite in this matter.

The found yt's from that 9 track album ... track order/album.

I Never Learn

No Rest For The Wicked

Just Like A Dream

Silver Line

Gunshot (again great art)

Love Me Like I'm Not Made Of Stone

Never Gonna Love Again

Heart Of Steel

Sleeping Alone

---

Live record - Lollapalooza/Chicago 2014

setlist
    1:36 I never learn 4:00 Sadness is a blessing 8:21 Just like a dream 13:04 No rest for the wicked 17:06 Jerome 20:57 Dance dance dance 25:15 Little Bit 30:44 Gunshot 34:49 Never gonna love again 40:16 I follow rivers 44:18 Youth knows no pain 48:45 Get some

Live record - Trianon/Paris, 2014

Live at KEXP studio (Seattle), 2014

---

Uupppsss ... this tops all pain that i found in her songs as of yet ... Possibility (2010), a song contribution to a film/soundtrack.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 02, 2018 at 11:41 AM.

Ukiah's Avatar Decanus

Patrician Artifex

Lykke Li - Youth Novels

Lykke's 14 tracks debut album, released 2008.

She was 22 as she debuted with this quite experimental pop album, which received positive feedback by music critics, a meta score of 75. Well deserved, while my personal score for that is much higher. That cd was the album of the year 2008 in my book, indie pop in best form. And this, although it's not hundred percent my music so to speak, something forced me to get that, as i heard something from it at the time. It's one of those works, which becomes better and better, the more one hears it (just in my case at least); and nowadays i think it's one of my best albums that i ever purchased.

... l o v e to watch her (and her band) on stage, found yt's to the album ...

The Bowery Ballroom (NYC), 2008

Amoeba Music, obviously a record shop (whereever this is, but very very good sound record), 2008

At KCRW (radio station/California), 2009

Found another fantastic live record, last concert of Youth Novels album tour, 2009.

setlist
    01. Intro 02. Dance, Dance, Dance 03. Everbody But Me. 04. I'm Good I'm Gone 05. Hanging High 06. Little Bit 07. Silent My Song 08. Complaint Department 09. Knocked Up (Kings Of Leon) 10. Let It Fall 11. The Only (Wounded Rhymes Japanese Bonus Track) 12. Breaking It Up 13. Tonight 14. Until We Bleed 15. Can I Kick It (A Tribe Called Quest)

These days were, or are, just my "look/listen back" to that outstanding artist with her first three albums, and became still more a fan.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 02, 2018 at 10:02 AM.