Thread: anyway to make factions more aggressive?

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default anyway to make factions more aggressive?

I'm playing as Sweden and the only ally that seems to be at least a bit of fighting is Oldenburg, meanwhile the Danes have 8 full stacks standing outside their cities. Mecklinburg is the same story as well. So I was wondering if there were any tweaks I could make to make them more lively?

Default Re: anyway to make factions more aggressive?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Pies View Post
    I'm playing as Sweden and the only ally that seems to be at least a bit of fighting is Oldenburg, meanwhile the Danes have 8 full stacks standing outside their cities. Mecklinburg is the same story as well. So I was wondering if there were any tweaks I could make to make them more lively?
    Do you play LME with the U_AI submod on Hard setting?

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

I'm playing on medium campaign/ very hard battle. Do you think hard would make it better?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Pies View Post
    I'm playing on medium campaign/ very hard battle. Do you think hard would make it better?
    Yes definitely, there is a clear difference in AI behaviour going from Medium to Hard or Very Hard campaign difficulty.

Is there a way to increase AI aggressiveness without giving them lots of extra money? Aka. stack-spamming.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Musa View Post
    Is there a way to increase AI aggressiveness without giving them lots of extra money? Aka. stack-spamming.
    I think so, and it is one of the issues on my to-do list already for LME3

Iutland, i've seen in The Hedge Knight's UAI original thread that it's possible to download a vanilla difficulty version, can i use this in order to play LME with BAI/CAI from The Edge Knight without his changes to difficulty bonus?
    i'd like to play your mod at Hard campaign difficulty but without the increased economic malus for the human player.

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni dalle Bande Nere View Post
    Iutland, i've seen in The Hedge Knight's UAI original thread that it's possible to download a vanilla difficulty version, can i use this in order to play LME with BAI/CAI from The Edge Knight without his changes to difficulty bonus?
    i'd like to play your mod at Hard campaign difficulty but without the increased economic malus for the human player.
    Hi Giovanni

It is not 100% compatible as the vanilla UAI will overwrite certain LME entries. But you could try (place it at the top of your user.script)?

But the idea is good and I will include both versions as submods for LME3.

Best regards
    iutland

Glad i gave you a good idea, Iutland. I'm sure you have found the best solution to make happy everyone.
    i would ask you another question: if i install LME without "
    LME2 UAI submod", the mod CAI/BAI remain the vanilla game one?

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni dalle Bande Nere View Post
    Glad i gave you a good idea, Iutland. I'm sure you have found the best solution to make happy everyone.
    i would ask you another question: if i install LME without "
    LME2 UAI submod", the mod CAI/BAI remain the vanilla game one?
    Thanks.

LME without UAI has CAI changes incorporated so it is rather far from being vanilla. There are no BAI changes in the UAI submod, thay are all incorporated in LME2.1.pack. Hope it answers your question

thanks for the answer and congratulations for this mod. +rep of course.
    (seen the new preview of LME 3, i think the new version will be even better than LME 2, wich already is the most complete of all the mods for NapTW in my opinion)

Guys,how is France with last update?

I tried altering the Startpos.esf file in terms of victory conditions.
    For the revolutionary campaign i don't know why i should invade england as france or ireland, instead i added bavaria. Also for Austria i added Bavaria and Northern Italy. This helped a bit to make a more logical advance for the AI in this war.

This way i continue altering the startpos.esf files for every campaign...hopefully i get russia later on to wage war in bavaria and push more towards france.

The Hard campaign difficulty for me is frustrating, i cannot keep up with the ai because they spam armies and fleets and this early on, it is impossible to conquer any new provinces before the british land in normandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigrinus View Post
    I tried altering the Startpos.esf file in terms of victory conditions.
    For the revolutionary campaign i don't know why i should invade england as france or ireland, instead i added bavaria. Also for Austria i added Bavaria and Northern Italy. This helped a bit to make a more logical advance for the AI in this war.

This way i continue altering the startpos.esf files for every campaign...hopefully i get russia later on to wage war in bavaria and push more towards france.

The Hard campaign difficulty for me is frustrating, i cannot keep up with the ai because they spam armies and fleets and this early on, it is impossible to conquer any new provinces before the british land in normandy.
    Napoleon actually tried to invade Ireland in cunjonction with the uprising against the British "occupation"

Hard campaign is not difficult after 100 turns only Russia remains an enemy ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, plans were there to invade ireland.

BUT

I mean altering the startpos.esf for all the different campaings to a more historical level.
    He certainly did not plan it if you play the revolutionary campaign. Later on in 1812 or so yes. I will leave it like that.

Only problem is if you set for example Bavaria as a victory condition for all the coalition factions...well this could result in war between them.
    It is a start though.
    Also i think in the revolutionary campaign england should try to conquer marseilles...since they started occupying Toulon in this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigrinus View Post
    Yeah, plans were there to invade ireland.

BUT

I mean altering the startpos.esf for all the different campaings to a more historical level.
    He certainly did not plan it if you play the revolutionary campaign. Later on in 1812 or so yes. I will leave it like that.

Only problem is if you set for example Bavaria as a victory condition for all the coalition factions...well this could result in war between them.
    It is a start though.
    Also i think in the revolutionary campaign england should try to conquer marseilles...since they started occupying Toulon in this time.
    Yes you could change the victory conditions for to alter the campaign, let me know what you change I might do some of it likewise in next update. Good idea regarding Toulon btw. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put some research to it the next few days and post you my suggestions.
    Maybe we can discuss something between historical accuracy and gameplay