Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Q&A

Default Re: Q&A

I will make a deal with you guys, after the release, I will see about adding an optional patch to the game to use 4tpy, I want this mod to appeal to as many as possible.

Ok, cool. Just do what you want to, we're just suggesting things

Edit: Oh wait I got another question, maybe it's a stupid one, just had to be sure: Will soldiers of different factions have different colors? I mean the armor of course, not the flags. I saw they didn't at the renders, and I think that's best
    Last edited by Wolfshead; June 23, 2006 at 03:46 PM.

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli - Ovidius
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

Well, Zhuge decided not to really use the faction color on the actual units, as every unit has been screenshoted for your viewing pleasure, so you can really see that Thrace isnt running around in pink uniforms, or the amazons in black or orange (they are dressed so nicely), so you can get confused if you do not pay attention to the banners. Pink archers, I dont think so, lol.

Great! That's very realistic and very nice, I always hated the pink color of Parthia for example. Can't wait to play this mod! :original:

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli - Ovidius
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Actually, the lack of faction colours was my call.

sweet, i love the 4tpy option, it seems to add a huge element to the game, maybe just me, but after i do some conquering i like to sit back and build up those areas for a while. this way my heros wont die while im trying to maintain my economy without constant fighting.

How big of a role will Achilles play in the game? Will he be a recruitable general?

in keeping with the 'family management' theme of the latest posts, I have a couple of silly q's

1) have you/is there a way to enforce a 'historical' development of each faction's family tree, i.e. Agamemnon's son will be Orestes + daughter Electra + wife Kleitemnestra (sp?), Achiles' son will be Neoptolemos, Odysseus' son will be Telemachos + wife Penelope, etc, and not some totally random silly name (you get my point)?

I'm referring of course to having those names appear first... if Agamemnon has another son later on, any name would do I suppose, but e.g. Telemachos or Orestes can't be absent altogether...

2) How do you handle the Amazon family tree? I mean, the Amazon family tree should the opposite of any other faction, as women (daughters) should be the generals and not just the brides...

And the silliest of all q's: what happened to the T minus 4 preview?

Asean - no, Achilles will not be a recruitable general. He will be a family member. The heroes (such as Achilles) will play a pivotal role in deciding the outcome of many battles.

justme - the family trees will all start out as accurately as possible. So at the start of the game Agamemnon will have a son called Orestes and a daughter called Iphigenia, Peleus will be the father of Achilles and so on. However, there is no way for us to force the family trees to continue historically.

The Amazon family tree will be an interesting one. We're basically swapping the men's portraits for women's and giving them female names.

What happened to T minus 4? I don't know, and I was thinking of asking this question myself...

1st off - the screen shots look awesome - kudos to you all.

now my question - is there blood in the battle map when enemies die
    Dominius Latronius Dominarus: An Elder HighBorn: Latronii Dominaruses: Gens Latronia, Alea iacta est"

Gaius Marius Julius Caesar

I remember there was a blood mod somewhere in the trivium forum, but I never tried it myself, so I don't know much about it (incl. how easy it would be to add it to TTW or any other mod)...

ok just to be a spoiled brat, but if 4tpy is released after ttw is. would that take very long to do? kind of wondering if i should start playing and then have to restart my game if it came out real soon, or just wait.

How about making a 50 unit squad for the Greeks called "Achille's bodyguards" that could be recruited as a mercenary in the province of Troy, only once. Or really expensive to purchase. A 50 unit squad just for achilles. Make it so that he can only be recruited with lots of money, or maybe give that unit to the Greeks in the beggining and make him unrecruitable.

But why? He's already a Phthian family member. Why make him recruitable? There's absolutely no reason for it!

If you want to play with Achilles, then start the game as Phthia!

No, it shouldn't take long to make a 4tpy script.

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    I remember there was a blood mod somewhere in the trivium forum, but I never tried it myself, so I don't know much about it (incl. how easy it would be to add it to TTW or any other mod)...
    yes there is thebloodmodv1.4 - its quite nice, the one before thebloodmodv1.3 was crazy...everytime a unit died on the battle map, it was like an ocean of blood swirling around him.....

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
    Dominius Latronius Dominarus: An Elder HighBorn: Latronii Dominaruses: Gens Latronia, Alea iacta est"

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea
    But why? He's already a Phthian family member. Why make him recruitable? There's absolutely no reason for it!

If you want to play with Achilles, then start the game as Phthia!

No, it shouldn't take long to make a 4tpy script.
    I think what Asean means would be to be able to recruit the heroes of the other greek factions into your 'big greek confederate' army ready to attack Troy...

Actually it isn't a bad idea, since we'll already get to recruit the elite units of our 'same-culture' enemies once we've occupied their capital... This model could be extended to include the heroes themselves (not now, but it's a good suggestion for v2)

Only problem I see would be the unbalancing effect it might have on the game, but there are tricks to circumvent this (e.g. the recruited general has lower stats, too expensive, etc.)...

EDIT: it would also be cool to recruit the hero and add him to the family tree - say you marry him to a daughter or something...

yeah i really missed the ability in marrying off my daughter to another faction in rome total war - like they did in medieval total war. that was cool...then i would attack and destroy...

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    This model could be extended to include the heroes themselves (not now, but it's a good suggestion for v2)
    No it couldn't, because it's not possible in RTW.