Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brewster's CAI!

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Brewster's CAI!

That's because Hehde taught me

I wouldn't have a clue to be honest mine isn't very complicated that's probably it. Darth and hedge did way more changes then me.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

I don't define my ai by aggression though I think its important there are many other things (eg balanced recruitment) which are perhaps more important. Sorry for the slight thread jack Brewster.

Even so naval invasions are something I value and I have made some good progress towards both proper naval recruitment and invasions. See the screenshots from ~5 campaigns below. These aren't one off things, these are every campaign things.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thanks....I think I read somewhere that H/H in your maod is basically VH/VH Vanilla. Is that accurate? Going to start a World Domination as Russia as see how it plays out. Thanks.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

The Expansion Behavior settings are thresholds for the triggers in the save game. When the number is met in the sav game file then it triggers the behavior. At the start of campaign France is usually at 5250 in the sav game file so it starts expansion early if you have the "behavior" setting at 5000. The settings will get larger as the economy grows. Minor factions start below 1000 so if you want then in the action sooner then set the Expansion to a lower number in eur_maintainance. I set it to 2500. I am still testing this stuff.

Blog Entries

Interesting thanks for sharing.

Hi Brewster,

I was wondering if maybe you could lend a hand. Do you know how to do what HK has suggested.....

"Open it up with packfile manager (go to the tools tuts and resources bit of the forum) and delete the file called groupformations.bin (click it and press delete)."

Thanks for all your help. I'm trying out different campaign mods to compare behavior. I Noticed that Hedge's campaign AI is pretty good. However, the Battle formations sometimes cause some issues. I am trying to get his mod to play with Vanilla battle formations.

I will try your mod again once this campaign is omplete. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Eh sure but deleting the groupformations would make your enemy not to use formations and thus even be easier to destroy ?

hmmmm....Basically, I need Hedges Campaign AI and Vanilla Battle AI. Unfortunately, his battle AI is making the AI criss cross and march back and forth from my experience. The campaign AI is very good. Britain is mighty active taking all of Spain and Brittany. Napoleon took all of Italy, first time I ever saw that, etc. But the battle AI is causing some issues.

Your battle AI,m which I think is just basically vanilla performs much better based on my experience.

Blog Entries

Ah open pfm, Open hedge his mod pack and delete th group formations folder. then safe the pack and have fun playing

Can you give me detailed instructions of how to get the packfile manager and then opening uo hedge knights mod pack. I tried downloading packfile manager but how do you get it running?

Blog Entries

Sure I'll type those later today

Great thanks. Really appreciate it.

Blog Entries

Make that tormorrow

Cool man, whenever you get to it. I'll continue the campaign as it is for now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123