Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arnor armor upgrades - - Version 1.02 released 2/8/13 - -

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: Arnor armor upgrades - - Version 1.01 released 11/1 - -

There is a thread in the main TATW forum asking that exact same thing. It has a good explanation.

Foederatus

I saw that but is that really that simple? Just look for the correct map change the numbers, save and finito ready to go?! I don't know what I did wrong then but again

Foederatus

I have a problem, I downloaded your submod and checked a saved game of Arnor and I saw I could upgrade them. So I started a new one and that went not so well. I can not build Arnor Knights or heavy Archers. Also I can not upgrade because I can not build heavy or master armourer. I have cheated to see so I for full all needs like all the buildings you can have and dunedain culture but still nothing. Some extra info: before I installed your submod I deleted all barrack events, after I installed the mod I changed some stats but only attack and defense (HP also). Looking forward to your answer.

Deleting the barracks events is the problem. Change them so they pop up in turn 1/2/whatever.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    Deleting the barracks events is the problem. Change them so they pop up in turn 1/2/whatever.
    How can I change it so what do I need to do?

Add this to 'descr_events.txt:

Code:
    event	historic	large_city_barracks
    date	1 2
    It will appear between turn 1-2. If this doesn't work please go to the mod workshop. This thread isn't meant for these things.

Let me first say thank you Emperor, the mod looks awesome!
    I love playing as Arnor and this mod has made the experience even better!

Now my problem: I am not able to build the final royal smith at any of my Arnor or Eregion settlements...
    I'm not sure why, so, just to check, I cheated to get my cities and castles up to the Large City level and Fortress level. But the largest smith I can build, the heavy armourer, only upgrades to partial plate. I've tried this several times as both Arnor and Eriador. Please help!

(Sorry if I haven't followed protocol, this is my first post and I'm not quite familiar with forum etiquette yet.)

Thanks for your bug report. I have found the problem. In vanilla Arnor couldn't build the right blacksmith level so I enabled them but before you could build that barracks level you needed militia barracks, which Arnor couldn't build.

I've fixed it and uploaded a new version in the first post. It is save game compatible.

Default Re: Arnor armor upgrades - - Version 1.02 released 2/8/13 - -

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post and fix the bug! Really, thank you, Emperor!

Unfortunately I still cannot build the Royal Barracks.
    This time I modded the export_descr_buildings.txt file so that the Royal Barracks becomes available at the huge building level and it showed up in the building browser. The only real problem is that I can't upgrade any of my cities that high as Arnor or Eriador (I'm aware only Gondor and Mordor are able to build huge building levels). I'm not sure why your zip file I installed didn't work...

Ah I see the problem. Really strange how the TATW team did this as this also means the Gondor elite troops can't upgrade in any city except for the huge city (which is Minas Tirith, Erebor, Rebuilt Osgiliath). I don't think it makes sense that Arnor can upgrade their troops more than Gondor. However, if you want to enable it in your game, go to line 4058 (or search for "plate_armourer city") and put a ";" just before the "and building_present_min_level barracks militia_barracks" part. This way you'll be able to build the right blacksmith level in large cities.

Woohoo! You are a genius Emperor, it worked! I was able to build the Royal Armoury without the royal barracks! Thank you so much!
    You are a godsend! If I could +rep you I would!
    (I think I have to have a minimum amount of posts before I can though... I think its 40-50...) Thank you again!

Can I ask about the method you used to make this submod? I've been pawing through the various guides, but many are outdated with broken links. And I hardly know where to start, in any case. I ask because I'm interested in working on something similar for the Elven factions.

This tutorial covers most of the basic stuff: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=412456. If you want to go into more advanced modeling or texturing than this is a great tutorial: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127787

This tutorial covers most of the basic stuff: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=412456. If you want to go into more advanced modeling or texturing than this is a great tutorial: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127787
    Thanks muchly! Hopefully one day I'll be able to produce a submod as well done as this one.

would this sub mod work for 3.2

k just tried a custom battle with it and dude it is amazing!!!!!!

This is my bump.

Icon14 Re: Arnor Armor upgrades BETA

Removed the links awaiting King Kong's permission
    Olá, eu sou brasileiro e fã de mods m2tw e principalmente o third age. Perdoe o fato de me comunicar no meu idioma, mas meu inglês pessimo. Queria informar, que ao instalar a atualização para os soldados de arnor com armaduras, o jogo no modo campanha não entrava e ainda apagava os menus de opçôes durante o custom game. Voce poderia me ajudar? Só por curiosidade, não seria mais facil fazer uma atualização Third age 3.3 e depois 3.4 e assim por diante. Acredito que tambem é mais facil a instalação e mais coerente, com a permição do tal, king kong claro. perdoe se falei besteiras, mas só sou um humilde apreciador dos jogos.

A quick translation of your post (you should always try and write in English, this is obviously not the easiest for many but your post will be ignored by many purely because it is not English). Emperor has been gone for a long time and likely won't return, any suggestions for this mod are void. Mostly because Emperor is gone but also because this mod is complete.

If you are having trouble with this mod in your game then you should know that this mod will not work alongside most other mods and needs a clean vanilla Third Age to run.

Also, make sure to look at the last post's date before you post. The fact this mod hasn't been spoken of in over a year means it is probably dead or unsupported or finished.

Download link not working for me...anybody have a working one?
    (yes, I know its an old mod, but still...)
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast