Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Resource - Unofficial] Theran Maps

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Icon4 [Resource - Unofficial] Theran Maps

This thread is dedicated to an assortment of maps depicting Thera, not only in the version we know, but all ages.

They will be as accurate in region placement as they can be, and as high quality as I can make them.

Great Torment Maps
    The Great Torment - A New Beginning

The Great Torment - The Christian-Muslam Wars

Political Maps
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Update Log
    April 2012
    April 8th, 2012 -
    Map of "The Great Torment - The Beginning" added
    April 9th, 2012 -
    Map of "The Great Torment - The Beginning" revised and renamed to "The Great Torment - A New Beginning"
    Map of "The Great Torment - The Christian-Muslam Wars" added

October 2012
    October 28th, 2012 -
    Map of "PRIMEIRO VAASCO's EMPIRE" added
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; October 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM.

Default Re: [Resource - Unofficial] Theran Maps

Wow . Great work THP, the map looks amazing, but I think you missed out the Valiente's eastern provinces unless they've been changed .

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

That's rad. Like, really rad. Nice work, THP.

However, you put "The beginning"? Does that mean that there is a way that some of these territories change, in a way of Lore? Not the way that we play them?
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Excellent idea, if I may say so, sir!
    Have some rep.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    Wow . Great work THP, the map looks amazing, but I think you missed out the Valiente's eastern provinces unless they've been changed .
    Oops, I'll fix that ASAP.

Thanks for pointing that out

Quote Originally Posted by Eohelm View Post
    That's rad. Like, really rad. Nice work, THP.

However, you put "The beginning"? Does that mean that there is a way that some of these territories change, in a way of Lore? Not the way that we play them?
    Yes, there will be more maps, some of unofficial lore and some that will appear once new versions come out, if the map changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinary Guardian View Post
    Excellent idea, if I may say so, sir!
    Have some rep.
    Thank you, good sir

Rep for everybody

I'm also planning on adding descriptions to go along with each map, but that won't come until later on.

With restrained enthusiasm

Maybe you could add a legend with coloured bars and faction names. Noobs would be eternally grateful.

Edit: With melancholic resignation

I guess that would be a part of the "descriptions" thing.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; April 09, 2012 at 05:36 PM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    Maybe you could add a legend with coloured bars and faction names. Noobs would be eternally grateful.
    That's what I was planning on doing. Just making sure I like the format I like first.

But thanks for the input

Also, second map added.

Descriptions will be coming soon.

EDIT: I'll also be adding some more "extras" to the map, such as the Cardinal Directions, so the water isn't so empty.
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; April 09, 2012 at 06:20 PM.

The Reich does not dominate in your maps? FOUL HERESY! YOU SHALL BE PURGED!

Seriously though, good job Holy!
    "Romans, Senators, friends. Latium is firmly under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. The Latin people are now one. Not since noble Brutus drove out the last king have we known such a glorious day. But now my friends, in this our of glory we must be on our guard! To the south, treacherous Greeks and Samnites block our trade. Tarquinii grows beneath a tryrant's heel. That tyrant threatens Rome! Will we abandon Tarquinii? And now Barbarians raid from the North, burning and pillaging Roman lands. Shall we let dager fester and grow? Or will we at as Romans with courage and dignity? Remember we are the Sons of Mars! As Senate leader I call upon tribunes Gaius Julius and Decius Brutus to smash the Gauls and releave Tarquinii. All those in favor say I!

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by CommisarCain View Post
    The Reich does not dominate in your maps? FOUL HERESY! YOU SHALL BE PURGED!

Seriously though, good job Holy!
    There will be many more maps; more than enough to quench the Reich's thirst for conquest

And thank you for the compliments

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

The Reich's thirst can never be quenched. We won't stop until all the universe is ours!

Yes, we shall conquer outer space with our invincible lines of guns and steel!

EDIT: This just hit me. Do these maps, being war specified (based on the Christian-Muslam ((Muslims?)) wars that we've seen so far) mean that there will be seperate campaign options in V4?

...Or am I reading too much into this?
    Last edited by Eohelm; April 09, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Eohelm View Post
    EDIT: This just hit me. Do these maps, being war specified (based on the Christian-Muslam ((Muslims?)) wars that we've seen so far) mean that there will be seperate campaign options in V4?

...Or am I reading too much into this?
    Maybe they do...

... and maybe they don't.

Damn, I started a similar project earlier this year, but never had the time to finish it (but I wanted to do a VERY detailed map, with rivers, roads, forests, cities and names of tribes...). Great work anyway, have some rep Those maps top-notch.

Citizen

I'd still very much love to see any maps you make, jan.

I was planning on adding more land features to my maps, but I will have to do that after I get the general form the way I like it.

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

The christian-Muslam wars map refers to what? I mean I've never heard of that

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Nerva View Post
    The christian-Muslam wars map refers to what? I mean I've never heard of that
    When tensions get high between the Christian and Muslim nations (Muslam is how I like to spell it in my Thera writings from some unholy reason (don't probe too deep in my mind; you won't like what you find )), many crusades and jihads are called on each side, causing many bloody battles and territorial takeovers to ensue.

By the way, more maps will be coming soon.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

HELLS YEAH!

PRAISE THE KAISER! NEW MAPS!
    "Romans, Senators, friends. Latium is firmly under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. The Latin people are now one. Not since noble Brutus drove out the last king have we known such a glorious day. But now my friends, in this our of glory we must be on our guard! To the south, treacherous Greeks and Samnites block our trade. Tarquinii grows beneath a tryrant's heel. That tyrant threatens Rome! Will we abandon Tarquinii? And now Barbarians raid from the North, burning and pillaging Roman lands. Shall we let dager fester and grow? Or will we at as Romans with courage and dignity? Remember we are the Sons of Mars! As Senate leader I call upon tribunes Gaius Julius and Decius Brutus to smash the Gauls and releave Tarquinii. All those in favor say I!

Citizen

Here's a new map of my current game

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Reich has not yet taken Castle Der Otterbach? UNACCEPTABLE!

I like it, even though Avalon is not on the map.
    I like the background parchment. It could be of great use for my own 2D art. Could you send me the background image, without any factions or land masses? I would be very thankful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast