Thread: Divide and Conquer: Compatibility with MacBook Pro?

Default Divide and Conquer: Compatibility with MacBook Pro?

First off like to say I'd appreciate any input as I'm at dire straits so to speak

I'm almost adamant on getting the most powerful 15" MacBook Pro which has:
    2.8GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 with Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz
    Intel Iris Pro Graphics + AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB GDDR5 memory
    512GB flash storage

Now I'm not tech savvy in the slightest but will this be powerful enough for all of the downloads I have to make to eventually play Divide and Conquer well? I've researched slightly and there's a suggestion that I install Windows for the MacBook Pro to run it smoother, any validity in this statement?

If it comes to it I'll take suggestion on other Laptop's that run the game smoothly but I've kind of got my heart set on a Macbook Pro and sadly Desktops are not an option due to lack of portability.

Cheers guys, I'd really appreciate any help/guidance!

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Compatibility with MacBook Pro?

I might not be the best to help you, but for comparison. I'm playing DaC with 650m 2GB and an intel I7 3160QM @ 2,30 GHz (laptop). I also use and SSD and it does significantly affect turn times. My frame rate is stable in most (30+?), if not all, battles with all graphics on high, so you should be fine with that setup, in theory. Not sure about stability with Mac OS, Windows bootcamp could/should work better.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Compatibility with MacBook Pro?