Thread: removing the added smoke effects but keeping the rest- is it possible?

hooahguy14's Avatar Ducenarius

Default removing the added smoke effects but keeping the rest- is it possible?

Ok so I love DM, but I cannot deal with the smoke. It takes too much of a toll on my system, plus I prefer the vanilla smoke. I hate how thick and heavy it is and how I cant see my troops which is historically correct but Id rather enjoy battles. But I like the rest of the effects like blood and explosions. Is there a way to remove the added Darth smoke effects while retaining the rest of the effects?

Also a question: In DM for ETW the options menu was much more vast. Like you could turn forts off and turn the effects to light or full and the list goes on. Why is the list so limited in DM for NTW? There should at least be a “light effects” option which limits the smoke but keeps the blood and explosions and stuff.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: A Rome II Suebi AAR
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Tiro

Default Re: removing the added smoke effects but keeping the rest- is it possible?

Have you tried lowering the particle effects in game graphics settings?

Default Re: removing the added smoke effects but keeping the rest- is it possible?

Yeah, and it makes the impact on my system less, but I still dont like the huge amount of smoke.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Remove dartheffects.pack from your game data folder.

Yeah but then wouldnt I lose all of the effects? I want the rest of them, just not the smoke.

Any more answers on this case? I dont like that thick smoke too. Everything is great except this for me.

bah dmuc has several options about, why not dmn ehh?

I'd like to be able to tweak this too - very impressed with the mod overall, to the extent that my wife hates the hours its eating up. Still, while it might be entirely more realistic, it would be nice to tone down the smoke.

Decanus

I can understand where you are all coming from, especially if it is tolling your system, but I personally love the smoke the way it is. Especially after a Grand Battery barrage!

The smoke as it is now is really very good, in fact the best I've seen so far. Lately, with 2.4 update 5, the amount of smoke is reduced; this could prove enough to those that like to keep a bit more overview over the battle...
    A duel?! Oh give me a hand Sir. You're a brave fellow!

I love you Darth, I truly do as your work is as always incredible. But sadly my laptop can't handle the awesome smoke nor the 40 units. So is there a way I can go to vanilla smoke without loosing the blood effects? Thank you very much for any help friends.

So does anyone have any idea how to reduce the smoke levels without removing the blood effects and other effects?

There is no simple way unfortunately. Either you toggle them on or off.
    It is very difficult for me to please everyone with effects for old/slow PC and different for modern/fast PC.

I understand now Darth. Thank you for your reply. Sorry to be a nuisance. Congratulations on another 1st rate mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Fracchione View Post
    bah dmuc has several options about, why not dmn ehh?
    again

There is a blood mod only https://www.gamewatcher.com/mods/nap...blood-mod-v-1# that working ok with darthmod its also in movie format u need just coppy that to your data folder, and also I found balistic realism mod https://www.moddb.com/mods/rebs-ntw-...ealism-vanilla there is darthmod version too. remember to switch off darthmod effect in launcher. blood mod looks ok i will try today add balistic mod hopefully its no crash my game and i will get good effects with wee touch of vanilla smoke.