Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: DOWNLOAD Rome Medieval: Kingdoms (3.1)

Default Re: DOWNLOAD Rome Medieval: Kingdoms (3.1) NOW!!!! <<<<<<<<<<<<<< RELEASED!!!

this the right folder?
    "Suffer little children," said the controller.
    -Brave New World

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

Default Re: DOWNLOAD Rome Medieval: Kingdoms (3.1) NOW!!!! <<<<<<<<<<<<<< RELEASED!!!

Pretty much. Although I still need to check out your C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeMedievalMOD folder and C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeMedievalMOD\data, if you want.

The engine will automatically create a modfolder if the mod you choose is unavailable, so I can't say exactly what's going on with Rome Medieval's modfolder in your computer.
    My most suspicious issue is you didn't install the mod in the right location.
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by vae victus View Post

this the right folder?
    yes its the right folder , must be your target line thats wrong , double check it , make sure its right

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/HAYDEN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/HAYDEN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
    -Brave New World

Artifex

Hmm... Something is wrong...
    In this picture:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The target line is The Creative Assembly

And in this, where your RomeMedievalMOD folder is located:

The target line says Activision.

Are you sure that you've installed RM3.1 in the right destination, where you installed RTW (C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War) ?

damn. I'll try that, hopefully I can get it right! many thanks for the help!
    -Brave New World

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

So we can't edit preferences.txt in this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Clagius View Post
    So we can't edit preferences.txt in this mod?
    yes you can

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    yes you can
    How? :O There is not 'preferences' folder at all. And default settings in the game are too high for me.

once you start a campaign one should be generated if not take one from rome/bi/alexander vanila there must be one somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Soarin' View Post
    Hmm... Something is wrong...
    In this picture:

The target line is The Creative Assembly

And in this, where your RomeMedievalMOD folder is located:

The target line says Activision.

Are you sure that you've installed RM3.1 in the right destination, where you installed RTW (C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War) ?
    Reminds me of playing "spot the differences"

OMG!IT WORKED! THANK YOU MUCH FOR HELPING ME FIGURE THAT OUT!! νικάω
    -Brave New World

Artifex

Haha, Glad that it works now

absolutely love the mod! the old MTW is amazing! and i have so many armies! one issue, the game CTD's when I try to continue my campaign. There is no err message. I'll just start another campaign, but if there's a way to fix so I can continue I'd appreciate it! again, great mod, my favorite!
    -Brave New World

Every campaign I try CTD's inexplicably after I've been playing for awhile with no show-err message...
    -Brave New World

Quote Originally Posted by vae victus View Post
    Every campaign I try CTD's inexplicably after I've been playing for awhile with no show-err message...
    use alexander tw exe.

I need to install the alexander expansion? sorry, im not exactly great with technology stuff..
    -Brave New World

Artifex

No, you don't. RM works with RTW, however there're much less crashes and safer to play with Alex.

how do i set it up? reinstall with Alex? All my campaigns die terrible technological deaths...
    -Brave New World

Artifex

You can install Alex to your RTW folder, then simply change the target line of RM shortcut from:
    "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -nm -mod:RomeMedievalMOD -show_err
    to:
    "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -nm -mod:RomeMedievalMOD -show_err -noalexander