Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: DOWNLOAD Rome Medieval: Kingdoms (3.1)

Default Re: DOWNLOAD Rome Medieval: Kingdoms (3.1) NOW!!!! <<<<<<<<<<<<<< RELEASED!!!

i dont understand how to create the the shortcut... can anyone helpme please...?
    no entiendo como crear el acceso directo... alguien puede ayudarme porfavor...?

ojala me lo puedan explicar en español, me seria mas facil de enteder gracias...

prdude1234's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: DOWNLOAD Rome Medieval: Kingdoms (3.1) NOW!!!! <<<<<<<<<<<<<< RELEASED!!!

Bueno, le das copy paste al acceso directo de RTW, luego en la copia, le cambias el nombre a Rome Medieval, prosiges a darle click derecho y luego a "propiedades", en donde dice "destino", borra todo y dale copy paste los sguiente, puede que sea D:\ o que sea Program Files (x86), modificalo segun te convenga. Incluye la comillas y el espacie entre RTW.EXE y -nm.

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -nm -mod:RomeMedievalMOD -show_err

Hey, why this mod lags so much? My PC is well capable of fighting 6.5K men battles lag free, but on this mod, a small 1K men battle lags very badly even with the same video options as in Vanilla Game, and I don't have RS2 environments!
    Last edited by prdude1234; April 09, 2012 at 10:31 AM.
    A proud Latin

Un Puertorriqueño orgullozo!
    A proud Puertorican here!

Gamertag: prdude123

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Because RMK doesn't use sprites, so a fast computer is needed

prdude1234's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of The Knights View Post
    Because RMK doesn't use sprites, so a fast computer is needed
    Is there a way to get the sprites so the game dont lags?
    A proud Latin

Un Puertorriqueño orgullozo!
    A proud Puertorican here!

Gamertag: prdude123

Loving this mod with every passing day! Stone forts and swamp battlemaps are mindblowing, way to go! Who would of thought something so simple as ponds in the battle maps would make for such a different gameplay experience.

Can't wait to provide some more feedback... just two weeks guys and I'm free.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

I have downloaded the part 1-7 files and it says the file is broken and the file is at the end of the archive, I am using 7-zip, so i tried it again twice and still it doesnt work, is there an alternative download area??

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

try to redownload part 7 again , i had this at first t but got over it by replacing the damaged parts , its worth the effort this mod is fine !

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Rometotalwar View Post
    I have downloaded the part 1-7 files and it says the file is broken and the file is at the end of the archive, I am using 7-zip, so i tried it again twice and still it doesnt work, is there an alternative download area??
    Hm...it's strange. I have no problem with that. I'm using Win rar tho

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by nhinhonhinho View Post
    Hm...it's strange. I have no problem with that. I'm using Win rar tho
    i did have a problem with 7 zip but when i done it with win rar it was fine

Red-bearded's Avatar Foederatus

I play this mod 3rd day and my happines has no limits!!! It's really a great work of your team. I've waited so long this mod! Thank you that keep this great work!

blazerek's Avatar Foederatus

I can't install this mod, its so frustrating. When I try to install, it says it can't make a file for some reason. I redownloaded many times and it still ends in the same result. It said it cannot create a file in a directory. I tried many other different directories and it still ends up as the same.

Red-bearded's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by blazerek View Post
    I can't install this mod, its so frustrating. When I try to install, it says it can't make a file for some reason. I redownloaded many times and it still ends in the same result. It said it cannot create a file in a directory. I tried many other different directories and it still ends up as the same.
    Мay be a bug in the Windows registry? you can write text of this error - errors in the other topic discussed

Sicknero's Avatar Senator

Blazerek, if you're on Vista or W7. have you tried "taking permission" of your Rome directory? Don't know if that will help, it installed fine here even using 7-zip.

Anyway, absolutely and utterly amazing, oh you lovely lovely modders you :-)

Just downloaded this today, it installed flawlessly first try and runs beautifully, even on my low-end Acer laptop. Took me a little reading to work out the shortcut thing, but no probs after that. Just had a quick seige battle, love it love it love it. Big smiles...

So fantastic to have medieval era warmongering again, but now with the essential ingredients that were missing from M2TW ... namely a half-decent AI (Artifical Intelligence as opposed to the Artificial Idiocy of the later TW releases), and sappers!!!! Yes!!!!!!! I could never for the life of me understand why they left sappers out of M2TW ... I mean did they actually bother researching the period at all??

Just the one question though ... is there any way I can make it fill my screen properly (1366x768)? The "widescreen" setting in options doesn't do it, but I know it's possible because SPQR gives extra resolution settings in the options screen.

Many many thanks anyway, what a brilliant brilliant mod :-) Really been missing my fix of blood-soaked medieval escapism...

... never mind, sussed it. (preferences.txt if anybody else was wondering about it ... you can change screen resolution there.)

The error i got was:
    Rome Medieval Kingdoms has not totly been installed because of the following reasons:
    Cannot create following file:
    C:\Users\Desktop\New Folder\RomeMEDIEVALMod\sounds\music\RM_Intro_Fr??ic_Mesnier.$$A

You will have to run this utilty again to completly install Rome Medieval Kingdoms.

Please help, i tired running as a admin, tried using compatability but it doesn't work.

The error i got was:
    Rome Medieval Kingdoms has not totly been installed because of the following reasons:
    Cannot create following file:
    C:\Users\Desktop\New Folder\RomeMEDIEVALMod\sounds\music\RM_Intro_Fr??ic_Mesnier.$$A

You will have to run this utilty again to completly install Rome Medieval Kingdoms.

Please help, i tired running as a admin, tried using compatability but it doesn't work.
    I'm not sure we're in the correct thread for this discussion, but here's a few thoughts ...

- Are you actually pointing the Rome Medieval installer at your Rome TW installation? I see the error message says "...\Desktop\New Folder\...".

- Have you checked the obvious stuff like having the right version of Rome TW? (1.5 for this mod I think).

- Further up this thread, somebody was having problems using 7-zip but had better luck with WinRar ... perhaps just try a different extractor?
    In fact, are you trying to extract all the rar files before installing? Because you only need to run the exe from part 1, and the installer will do the rest.

- Running as admin won't help if you don't have "ownership" of the folder... you need to right-click your RTW directory and do it in the "Security" tab... it's a faff though - much easier to use some portable freeware such as "Winbubbles" for W7 which adds a "Take Ownership" command to your context menu.

- Maybe you need to uninstall Rome TW and then re-install it to a location outside of "..\Program Files\.." perhaps on a different partition entirely. There was something in the readme about that I think. Or maybe it was for a different mod. :-) But it might help with the ownership/permissions thing. Re-installing Rome might be a good start anyway, so you can be sure of working with a clean version.

- Have you tried just running it anyway despite the error message? Most of the mods I install end with a "This Program has not installed correctly" message from W7, but they all run fine.
    (Oh. I just saw your earlier post about it failing at 11%. So I guess that won't work.)

That's me pretty much out of ideas for now sorry. Good luck....

I tired everything you said but it still comes up in this error, I just don't know why.

I tired everything you said but it still comes up in this error, I just don't know why.
    I feel your frustration :-(

But it's definitely worth persevering if you've not sussed it yet ... a little difficult from a distance but I'm reluctant to give up just yet. I want you to see the mod!!

So, I guess a good idea would be to make sure that you have all the proper files... which should be these;

Rome+Medieval+Kingdoms.part1.rar 204,800.000 KB
    Rome+Medieval+Kingdoms.part2.rar 204,800.000 KB
    Rome+Medieval+Kingdoms.part3.rar 204,800.000 KB
    Rome+Medieval+Kingdoms.part4.rar 204,800.000 KB
    Rome+Medieval+Kingdoms.part5.rar 204,800.000 KB
    Rome+Medieval+Kingdoms.part6.rar 204,800.000 KB
    Rome+Medieval+Kingdoms.part7.rar 11,490.576 KB

Do you have all 7, and are the file sizes correct?

Yep, the file sizes are definetly correct.