Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bigger Font for 'Fall of The Samurai' & Sengoku/RotS

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Bigger Font for 'Fall of The Samurai' & Sengoku/RotS

Hmm, seems there is a high demand and I did a quick mod for those complaining about the size

What's changed:
    - all Fonts 10/12/14/16 using +4 px (so fontsize 10 is 'real' 14..and so on)
    - 18 px changed to 20 px
    - 20 px+ left untouched

Used only some 'cheap' cuf.preview/editor and didn't put in much effort (character spacing un-changed etc.), and according the change there is sometimes overlapping text. The original mod used+6 px for all text - which is IMO way to much.
    And everything beyond 20px is readable..I guess ^^

Feel free to ask for additional changes or problems you encountered. Went thru some options/menu/custom battle and the campaign check. Found 1 slightly overlapping text where you select the clan for a new game. But it was only like half a letter *g*

Installation:
    - copy/extract the file in Shogun 2\Data
    - edit "c:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts\user.script.txt" and insert mod large_font.pack;
    - or use the user.script.txt attached to this posting, in case your script folder is empty

Some random pics, how it does look like:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by valky; April 06, 2012 at 07:08 AM.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Default Re: Bigger Font for Fall OF The Samurai & Sengoku/RotS

Well as one of those people who was complaining about the size I would like to say 'Thank You'. I have just tested it and it works perfectly and does just what I need (makes the blurry text readable text) and makes the game much more enjoyable.

So again I say; Thank you.

May you never want for cake.

Default Re: Bigger Font for Fall OF The Samurai & Sengoku/RotS

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant963 View Post
    Well as one of those people who was complaining about the size I would like to say 'Thank You'. I have just tested it and it works perfectly and does just what I need (makes the blurry text readable text) and makes the game much more enjoyable.

So again I say; Thank you.

May you never want for cake.
    THanks that it is working as intended as mentioned, I only checked some basic menus, tooltips and thingies. Feel free to note/add any issues you might encounter but it should work fine in Sengoku/Rots/Fots...
    Could redo some font-sizes then and reduce the spacing, but it'd be kinda anti-productive. Clinched (english? 'zusammengedrängt' in German ^.^) text would be a lookalike to blurred text as well and not necessary good 'readable'.

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Default Re: Bigger Font for 'Fall of The Samurai' & Sengoku/RotS

thank you i can now play from my couch in the living room...can you add a version that also does +6 for people who don't sit 4 feet away from their monitor. I like to play on my tv with my full surround sound system, i got my pc hooked up via hdmi and pretty much every game runs great except when i have to read things, like pretty much every strategy game out there.

Quote Originally Posted by freelancerX View Post
    ...can you add a version that also does +6 for people...
    Yeah 'll do it either tonight or tomorrow, currently enjoying the new DMS and just can't quit

The bigger fonts, which I left untouched are about right I guess? It was only about the small ones? Can hardly compare or measure it on my monitor.

right am stuck really am. i bought this game a few days(shogun2 fots) ago put up with the text well not long, about 1 day, but now i give up. found this wonderful post but am still stuck on what to do and how i change the size.

- edit "c:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts\user.script.txt"

i dont have the "user.script.txt" file or folder so i just put the file i downloaded in "scipts" but it did not work the text is still sooo small. am sorry for being abit of a noob but can you please help me and if i have missed something am sorry again, i just want to play this game with font i can read!

Quote Originally Posted by rudolph93 View Post
    right am stuck really am. i bought this game a few days(shogun2 fots) ago put up with the text well not long, about 1 day, but now i give up. found this wonderful post but am still stuck on what to do and how i change the size.

- edit "c:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts\user.script.txt"
    Okay, slowly then again:
    - first off, locate your Shogun 2 installation folder - not sure if it's the Steam or DVD version
    - in case of Steam: "*\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\.." (where ever it is located..)
    - unpack the large_font.zip in your shogun 2\data\ folder, so there should be now a large_font.pack
    - cause you already know, that your \scripts\ folder is or was empty -> download the attached file in this posting and copy it into the \scripts\ folder

wow thank you so much you have just made this game so much more enjoyable for me thank you! lovely job, and thanks for extra help it was because i was missing scripts file and installed in through steam.

Again Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by valky View Post
    Installation:
    - copy/extract the file in Shogun 2\Data
    - edit "c:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts\user.script.txt" and insert mod large_font.pack;
    - or use the user.script.txt attached to this posting, in case your script folder is empty
    Forgive me if I'm being an idiot, but I could use some help, Valky or anyone else who might be able to assist.

I can't find my \scripts folder anywhere. I'm using 64-bit Windows 7, and I don't appear to have that folder in the location described. Once I go through \users and then chose my Windows administrator profile, I don't have an \AppData folder.

I also looked in \MyDocuments\... where I have a list of various games and their settings and save games, etc., but I do not see a listing for Creative Assembly, Sega or Shogun 2 or Total War. I have the Steam version of Shogun 2 and am able to locate the game's main directory in \steamapps\commom just fine. I was able to put the "large fonts" file where it belongs, but I can't find where to place "user.script.txt."

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudman View Post
    Forgive me if I'm being an idiot, but I could use some help, Valky or anyone else who might be able to assist.

I can't find my \scripts folder anywhere. I'm using 64-bit Windows 7, and I don't appear to have that folder in the location described. Once I go through \users and then chose my Windows administrator profile, I don't have an \AppData folder.

I also looked in \MyDocuments\... where I have a list of various games and their settings and save games, etc., but I do not see a listing for Creative Assembly, Sega or Shogun 2 or Total War. I have the Steam version of Shogun 2 and am able to locate the game's main directory in \steamapps\commom just fine. I was able to put the "large fonts" file where it belongs, but I can't find where to place "user.script.txt."

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Barely checking in here a message would be faster ^^ So I get an email...

\AppData is usually hidden,. Easiest way is to open the run command (should be enabled by default afaik) and type in "explorer c:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts\" - just change the *** to your valid account and it should open an explorer window right in the \script folder

If you are still having trouble, write me am PM instead

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

MAAAAANy thank, mods like that wasn't working anymore... You safe my eyes!
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Thank you very much for this mod! I simply couldnt enjoy the game without having to get real close to the tv.

jack2door's Avatar Libertus

I can't put into words how much this mod has improved my Shogun 2 gaming experience. The text is so much clearer which makes playing the game that much more enjoyable. Furthermore, there are very few issues, such as instances of overlapping, which is a really nice bonus

I can only offer my thanks for this truly amazing mod and I can't recommend it highly enough to people with text issues in Shogun 2.

Brilliant work, mate

Thanks, this is just what the doctor ordered! A general doesn't have time to squint at his monitor in the middle of a battle! Honor to you!

Hi there!
    I´ve installed everything (hopefully correctely, and according to your instructions), and the game freezes each time I finish the turn. Any ideas on what could have happened?
    Thank you very much for releasing this (very much needed) mod!!
    Ana

I love to thank you for this work although I can read the vanilla text without much problem . It would be nice if you please fix how the tool tip displaying description when hovering a unit card. It seems like there is not enough space. Thanks for your contribution.

send me a PM instead, specially concerning issues. Getting an email-notifier is easier than to just checking in once in a while.
    @master_cheat: will check; but the fonts are usually getting shared with something else.
    @AnaG: the file only overwrites the fonts and nothing else. I highly doubt that it does lead to any crash...though I haven't played SII for quite some time now and will check if I got some more time.

But I had some family business and am currently moving.

As mentioned, for issues just PM me plz Though I'll be back in hopefully 1-2weeks and might overhaul some font-issues, as mentioned.
    [still it shouldn't lead to any CTD, there ain't no script snippets or similar in my package that alters the game; I do just replace the font size]

Does this mod work for the base game Shogun 2, or just the DLC content?

For me it is working with the base game Shogun 2. I do have the DLCs installed, but I am now playing regular Shogun 2 with legible text.

Thanks for the mod. (:

Thank you very much. I have my computer in living room and I'm playing my games on 42" HDTV. Civilization V and World Of Tanks played well just by decreasing the resolution to around 720p, but I was really strugling with the small font size in this game. Now I can actually play the game so that I can see the text. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast