Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Absence Thread

Narsils_Shards's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Absence Thread

Camping until Sunday

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

My DVD reader in my laptop died on me, so I can't start or play anything kingdoms related mods. When the turn reaches me I will find someone to sub me or if admin work needs to be done, I will try to arrange someone for the job. I will try to fix it as soon as I can, but I don't think so, it will happen in the next few days.

EDIT: The problem was fixed, so I am back to bussiness.
    Last edited by General Dragon.; June 11, 2015 at 01:45 AM.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

I will need to be subbed from now until the 18th as I am going on vacation in the next couple days and have to prepare.

I will take my turn in JWANTs, but sadly to do Westeros HS's (3) I don't have the time in the coming days to do PoA. I would hope SE can sub me there.

Other than that, themzr can sub me in SOTN 2, *Ranger* in SOTN 3, JWANT in JWANTS and *Ranger* in JW2. If people cant sub me you might as well remove from the hotseats, sorry.

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

I am leaving on a one week vacation starting from today. I should be back on Sunday. Below are hotseats I play in with appointed subs. I will pass out passwords and any instructions on the fly, since I should have wi-fi where I'm going.

YB5 ---> JWANT
    JR2 ---> JWANT
    JW2 ---> Egyptian_Viking
    TT1 ---> Dragon
    Last edited by Adanedhel; July 23, 2015 at 02:55 AM.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

I am moving in the next couple days, and most likely won't have internet for a few days, here, so here are my subs/other stuff for this forum.

Tagteam Hotseat: my ally can sub ofcourse, he has my pass and next turn should be pretty ez.

AoTA: extension pl0x, but odds are JWANT will play Gondor and I can play Rohan before I pack so hopefully there won't be any delay.

FD: this one can definitely wait till I get back

I'll be away (starting now) and come back Saturday. I will have internet so I will arrange subbers once I see that my turns are up. Otherwise I'll try to play my turns on Saturday.

I will be away from August 2 - 8th. I know this will screw up the games I am in which is why I will start dropping some of my games in TATW and in WTW. This is my summer time and I wish to enjoy it as best I can.

Hotseats I will not drop for sure -

JWANTS, SOTN2, Tag Team

Also, playing in hotseats is getting quite stale, im not sure if its because I've been a way for sometime but I may start relaxing by taking up more of an admin role instead of a playing role.

REMINDER.

I am away from August 2nd - 8th. If you have a problem with my absence in any of the hotseats in TATW or WTW please replace me immediately. I will return in one week (no detours this time) and shall continue all admin/player/GS duties upon my return.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

I will be going away from August 6th through the 13th. I will have my laptop and should be able to play turns, but will have less time than usual and request extensions as needed.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

I will be away until the 10th of August. Allies that have my passwords can sub me otherwise I request an extension unless the admin really needs to sub.

If I am the only admin, then I ask for patience since I won't be gone for long!

JWANT's Avatar Senator

My game installation or my graphics card isn't working so I may need a day or 2 to get to any turns that come up

Update: It's working now
    Last edited by JWANT; August 13, 2015 at 06:01 PM.

Un-fortunately I am lacking interest, and time to continue on playing at the moment. Lately Westeros has become very slow and boring and I have left all my hotseats there, and really I have no interest to hotseat. I find hotseating very time consuming and with school starting in a weeks time I will not have enough time to be a consistent player.

This thought has been pondering my mind for the last month and I have finally made a decision.

With that I resign from all my active hotseats. You all are very good people, great players, I just have lost interest and will only slow down what progress you will make.

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

If you leave everything, it will slow down everything even more. You know how much we lack players here in TATW....
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    Un-fortunately I am lacking interest, and time to continue on playing at the moment. Lately Westeros has become very slow and boring and I have left all my hotseats there, and really I have no interest to hotseat. I find hotseating very time consuming and with school starting in a weeks time I will not have enough time to be a consistent player.

This thought has been pondering my mind for the last month and I have finally made a decision.

With that I resign from all my active hotseats. You all are very good people, great players, I just have lost interest and will only slow down what progress you will make.
    I'm sorry Gimli but I don't think that's acceptable. You are GS now. It sets a really bad example if you just leave hotseats because you lose interest in them. In my opinion hotseating is a commitment and promise that should be kept because now you leave everyone in a tough position to fill your spots.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post

I hope you reconsider your decision considering the commitments you have made. Especially now that you are a GS member.

I have school and I will not commit to being on time when I have more important things to do, like studying, homework, sports, family, ect. I will reconsider in a few weeks once I've had a long enough break.

I have been browsing other parts of the forum a little bit, but I will be completely inactive for the next couple weeks. Ranger will be able to contact me via steam if something 'urgent comes up'.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

I will be away from the 11th returning on the 19th. I have made arrangements by PM for subs both as a player and admin. I hope to have Chieftain help with AotA and YBII, Adanedhel with JR2, and Joe with the rest of them. Dux can fill in for me as admin in the Tag Team 2v2v2 QF1.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

I can't do any turns nor any admin stuff for a few days, as my laptop has some software issues. I still will be online time to time in TWC, but can't do subs, etc.
    I will try to arrange subbing/skip, where it needs be.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

JWANT's Avatar Senator

The next 30 or so days are very busy for me so I may not be as active as I would like. I will still try to visit the forums and play my turns once a day however it may end up being closer to once every 48 hours. I'll still be working on the hotseat balance patch (I don't have internet access when I do).

So I ask for your patience and minor extensions when needed. If I need to be subbed then most hotseats have someone that can do that!

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

I will be gone tomorrow (Friday) for the whole day. If my turns show up, I'll play them on Saturday.