Thread: Error

Default Error

Hello people,

When I launch the game, for a couple of second and then it crashes to the desktop, and appear the following error:

"Script Error in data/descr_building_batlle,txt, at line 50m column 9.

Builiding db, expected faction, culture or season."

Can someone help me?

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Error

This same issue has happened to a few people and is well reported. The problem is an incorrect install, most likely causes are.

A; You do not have BI. 1.6 (or higher) installed.
    B; Your RTW/BI already has another mod installed which is conflicting with this one. (As EoD is self contained (apart from the intro movie) it is the other mod that causes the problem..

Answer if A; check the top right corner of the splash screen when you start up normal BI to check which version you have.
    Answer if B; You may need to reinstall RTW/BI and patch accordingly from scratch..

The mod works 100% and is very very stable so we know this is an install issue..

Good luck..

Thanks, it works.

Excellent mod!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Cool..

Yep I got the same problem I'm using vista, and It stays a lot to uninstall something, especial RTW , because I had EOD2 and because I was lazy I just replace the folder EOD2 with EOD1 because now I saw there is an EOD1 so this looks epic too nice one.
    I'm uninstalling RTW atm the whole game but...I recommend for others to don't do our mistake, when they install RTW-BI-Alexander to copy it first somewhere else an clean version (of course with the patch 1.6 for BI on another folder...and then if they want to play another mod to just replace clean version in the installation folder).
    Great mod, really Halie you have 2 of the greatest mods I really like them both, EOD and EOD2

For all the time of game I didn't find any mistake