Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [FotS] The Legendary Republic Challenge

Default Re: The Legendary Republic Challenge

Very nice advice from everyone. I'm almost convinced to actually try legendary after a few hard campaigns.

Great info re. looting - almost makes Chosu worth giving a proper go now with their +25% looting bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Rhino View Post
    Great info re. looting - almost makes Chosu worth giving a proper go now with their +25% looting bonus!
    But without Jonzai's ability to replish in enemy territory it might be hard. Still worth a shot tho! even if you fail come tell us about it and maybe we can help

Hello everyone AI is stupid ^^ let's think yuor strategy and be ok good luck

Better late then never.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...251?tab=public

I played the opposite of Omegazxi and concentrated on building a stable economy to the exclusion of my military (I only researched three military techs). I used only two units: Levy Infantry and Parrot Guns. I never built a navy. Essentially I thought back to the scence from Last Samurai when the peasants get slaughtered and said to myself "I can win that." Plus I've always loathed the Samurai after they killed Billy Connolly.

I turtled and relied on the power of the Fortress' two tier walls. While the scaling units were busy trying to kill the first group of levies my other group on the second wall would be firing away. The high point of the campaign came when a garrison of 2000 fought off 6000 attackers. The low point came when the AI decided to starve my garrison out just before I was set to make my push. This killed my Daiymo and unhinged my entire defense forcing a "wag the dog's tail" whereupon the AI and I kept capturing each other cities till I dupped him into leaving his final city unguarded to a sneak attack.

So I guess the next challenge now is who can complete Legendary the fastest. Did someone say speed run?
    Last edited by Ceorl84; May 03, 2012 at 10:13 PM.

Impressive i like your clean expansion looks so methodical.

LOL I don't know how many times I resetted but I am still trying

Just beat it with Aizu. I used a strategy somewhat similar to Ceorl that focused on cheap units with parrot guns. Started by out taking 8 provinces very rapidly and then consolidating for about 10-15 turns.

I built 5 geishas early and used them to enchant everything later on, particularly foreign generals. I did not build a navy or build up any ports because it costs too much to try to protect everything.

My main armies usually had 3-5 parrot guns, 5-6 Azure Dragons with kneel fire and a random mix of spear and levy infantry. Didn't loot much, mostly just cut taxes and left units behind in cities until the disorder went away.

I'm gonna have to pass

Better late then never.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...251?tab=public

I played the opposite of Omegazxi and concentrated on building a stable economy to the exclusion of my military (I only researched three military techs). I used only two units: Levy Infantry and Parrot Guns. I never built a navy. Essentially I thought back to the scence from Last Samurai when the peasants get slaughtered and said to myself "I can win that." Plus I've always loathed the Samurai after they killed Billy Connolly.

I turtled and relied on the power of the Fortress' two tier walls. While the scaling units were busy trying to kill the first group of levies my other group on the second wall would be firing away. The high point of the campaign came when a garrison of 2000 fought off 6000 attackers. The low point came when the AI decided to starve my garrison out just before I was set to make my push. This killed my Daiymo and unhinged my entire defense forcing a "wag the dog's tail" whereupon the AI and I kept capturing each other cities till I dupped him into leaving his final city unguarded to a sneak attack.

So I guess the next challenge now is who can complete Legendary the fastest. Did someone say speed run?
    Enjoy talk about a headache. still you bet you cant beat my time!
    Just beat it with Aizu. I used a strategy somewhat similar to Ceorl that focused on cheap units with parrot guns. Started by out taking 8 provinces very rapidly and then consolidating for about 10-15 turns.

I built 5 geishas early and used them to enchant everything later on, particularly foreign generals. I did not build a navy or build up any ports because it costs too much to try to protect everything.

My main armies usually had 3-5 parrot guns, 5-6 Azure Dragons with kneel fire and a random mix of spear and levy infantry. Didn't loot much, mostly just cut taxes and left units behind in cities until the disorder went away.
    Must sounds like an epic games i personally didn't use any cannons what so ever, i felt it would slow down my blitzkrieg.

+ Rep for both

Was feeling the need for a good fight so I did a Saga Republic Campaign on short as the rules said. -117 turns

Picture of the save file
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Victory Screen

Stats 1

Stats 2

I rushed to tech level 3 as soon as I could then focusing on Economy and navy. I use a combination of the March to the Sea playstyle but only after I developed my economy alot more in industry and farming focus. I never actually got up a Western trade mission with any one so I could focus the money on my economy and navy.

While the Imperial factions were in a death struggle in the East I sacked and burnt my way to them until I found A good military settllement of theirs in the center of Japan to hold up in while my other armies slowy fought foward to my main army. I used my navy to contain other factions rather than landing invasions until then end.

So I didn't research any higher end army tech other than fire by rank. I used the enemies higher end military buildings that I captured in the center of Japan to build Republican infantry. If my economy took a hit from raids, upkeep, or attacks I would sack a settlement to give me the resources I needed.
    Last edited by Omegazxi; April 06, 2013 at 08:13 PM. Reason: spelling and strats

Default Re: [FotS] The Legendary Republic Challenge

Well I have a savegame as Aizu (legendary) few weeks back that I didn't finish it was right before RD so maybe I will give it a go.
    Egyptian revolutionary.....Canadian in nationality......Arab by blood.....and proud Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by RAFAEL View Post
    Well I have a savegame as Aizu (legendary) few weeks back that I didn't finish it was right before RD so maybe I will give it a go.
    Good luck and take it to them

Just finished up a Tosa run

Victory

Saved Game

Stats page 1:

Stats Page 2:

Looting General Spec.:

Pacification General Spec:

Proudest Battle:

I Tech rushed to level 3 and started to get my Iron clad navy out as soon as possible, I had an Admiral that I wanted to post his specs but he died before I could take a picture of his specs. but I grabs Tosa's Island as soon as I could trying to take the sttlements in undamaged so I could recruit and move forward.

Then I found a military settlement right on the mainland at Settsu that the AI built up with a Barracks a castle and a Art. Camp. Once I grabbed this region I made two parrot guns and some more troops and then thats when the battles kicked up as you can see for the number of Statues seen here which was taken at a latter time in the campaign.

The game got really interesting when the biggest Imperial clan to my West turned Shogunate and I some how kicked of the RD with 7 settlements instead of 8. But I held the center of Japan on the defensive while my looting General Sacked their way from the Center of Japan along the North Western Coast and grabbed two Settlements on the western most part of the main Island and sacked his way back to the Center.

I then sent my Pacification General to reconquer the North Western Coast line of Japan and the southern coast to recapture all the rail road settlements for good and then built rail road line witht he sacked money.

I used my navy to contain and block acess in the west and another navy to fight the main shogunate navies in the southern center of Japan also blockign their access. I had a small 4 ship navy guarding my capital port as well.

In this game I never built and foreign trading missions because I needed the money else where and in my experince they become a prime naval target for the AI and its repair cost is too high IMHO.
    N
    ot my best time but I had to adapt really quick to the fast RD, I don't know if it was a combination of honor and heroic victories or what.

But fun times and very crazy battles.
    Last edited by Omegazxi; April 17, 2013 at 04:14 PM.

Guys all yours results more than 110 turns , its too long . Someone can beat 59 turns record ???

Oh my do I ever want to pick your brain
    Please do inform me/us of your methods I really want to know this, like did you go civic to keep unrest down or did you tech rush to a level quickly?

Whatever it may be congrats thats impressive
    + rep
    Last edited by Omegazxi; April 21, 2013 at 01:31 AM.

Omegazxi

Oh my do I ever want to pick your brain
    Please do inform me/us of your methods I really want to know this, like did you go civic to keep unrest down or did you tech rush to a level quickly?

Whatever it may be congrats thats impressive
    + rep
    I used all methods : change taxes , loot , + some my own strategy plans

It's my reseach tree :

[IMG]i.imgur.com/HbXBiq3.jpg[/IMG]

thanks for the advice, i could play legendary one of these days

hey guys,

can u beat 29 ?