Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [FotS] The Legendary Republic Challenge

Blackwolf's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: The Legendary Republic Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by -iceblade^ View Post
    if you do please link here so i can see the torture and feel bad for you :p
    Lol was planning on sharing my shamfur dispray with you all.

will do legendary once i finish my VH/VH Jozai
    「戦場廻り、運命決まり、生死しらない」

Uploaded the Epic Sado naval conflict.

Blackwolf's Avatar Ordinarius

Ok, just about to start my journey to hell & back guys. Wish me luck & will be posting my video(s) of it when finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
    Ok, just about to start my journey to hell & back guys. Wish me luck & will be posting my video(s) of it when finished!
    Check the original post i made and make the same pictures as shown there GL Soldier look forward to see how it goes.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Giving up. Couldn't even break out of Tosa province because the AI would keep spamming troops. Even if I beat their army by the time I'd march troops to their province they'd have manufactured another stack. Alas, I am defeated.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by John F. Kennedy View Post
    Giving up. Couldn't even break out of Tosa province because the AI would keep spamming troops. Even if I beat their army by the time I'd march troops to their province they'd have manufactured another stack. Alas, I am defeated.
    Im gonna post some Tutorials and Tosa Legendary gameplay just for the mighty JFK

So far so good

Long ways to go though...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you reach 9 provinces before you ready you die ^^ and your vassal counts you have what 7 now ? with ure vassal 8 ^^ means you gotta develop and prepare for world war japan.

I too am giving up. I tried every campaign (except Tsu, I'm not an idiot) on Legendary and I got totally stomped. I cant even beat it supporting the Emperor or the Shogun, let alone standing totally on my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    the Church has only improved mankind in history

For this there are words, but none that abide by the ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    If you reach 9 provinces before you ready you die ^^ and your vassal counts you have what 7 now ? with ure vassal 8 ^^ means you gotta develop and prepare for world war japan.
    Yah... I am looking at some pretty nasty stuff now that I've reached independence (I should also mention that this is my first real campaign )

Just absolute chaos. I only had one fleet with 4 ships guarding the crossing to kyushu, but they were assaulted by three other fleets, each 2-3 times the size of mine and comprised of a mix of Kasugas and Kaitens. I was able to destroy the first two and half of the third though because I had explosive shells, but alas, twas not enough to withstand the hordes

I'm going down fighting though. Good fun

Gaizokubanou's Avatar Biarchus
    United States, New Jersey (That's East Coast)

If you don't mind gamey tactics, get one uber navy (6 ironclads), get a strong AI's army stack in its range, then send in one unit at a time so you can use 5 bombardments of 48 shells in 30 ~ 40 grouping (very tight grouping for accurate saturation), retreat, and repeat until the army is basically dead muhahahah. You can hold off waves of armies using this with few levies.

Also SPAM ARTILLERY. I recommend nothing less than 6 parrot/armstrong guns per full stack. 8 is preferred. No Gatling gun, they are way too terrain sensitive.

Ronin's Avatar Biarchus

I see your challenge and raise you...

I will be attempting this challenge with:

- Iron-mode saving... Only saving when I exit... No quick save or reloading to get better results.
    - No pausing during tactical battles...
    - No auto-resolve.

Gentlemen... The game is on.

"I am ronin because I serve no master.

The set of principles that denote absolute justice require no
    subordinates.
    I am a warrior of justice."
    ~ Ronin

Yeah I was 6 short when the time limit expired but I'm going to gvie it another go, And getting your proviences ready for the battle with Japan is key. One Idead that I tried that helped me out abd helped me get the most out of my units was cause revolts with the units rigth before you declare yourself independent.Your secret police men will disappear anyways so you should at least some use out of them before it happens.

Also early on if you have a navy be sure to use the fire support in early battles the fire support will make all the difference you have the timing down.

You are going to need experinced Generals so one strat. to use to get some battles under your belt would be to let some of you unhappy proviences have some same rebellions so you army can wipe them out, that way your units and generals both gain experience.

Having a foriegn ironclad is a must, there is now way around it, that Iron clad must protect your best port to keep some western trade coming in.

Remember that the Shogunate and the impearals are still fighting one another if you can only have your front with one those two side s your life will be alot easier, when your ready to kick off a war like no other then be sure to have some armies in position in allied terriroies to betray them and sack a few cities or capturing a strong hold with alot of military production buildings.

If you capture a region and it isn't defendable or you can continue to advance then sack the city burn any buildings that can make troops to use againist you and move on, you will need the funds and the reinforcing army your going to need can come in and recapture it from frm the rebels or any clan that raises up. Or let the enemy recapture it, repair everything and then to can capture it rebuilt nd not spend the funds yourself.

Fight the seige battles when you are defendings even if you know your going to lose, in this case the best course of action will be to kill as many enemy troops as possible. Go down in a blaze of glory most garrisoned forces can easliy cause a few hundered enemy deaths before they are taken down. And that will be a hundered less enemies for you to figth before they resupply their numbers, and maybe even give the enemy pause to recoup their loses.

Also have a max general with the paragon bonus capture armies since there will be less resistance to him and have a general with plundering bonuses sack cities to get you some income which you will need.

Remember when you go republic its all or nothing and you must go into complete Total War witht he AI, attack everything the enemy has, sack cities raid building bombard target. And have your spys ready you can not afford any surprises, always know whats coming your way in every bordering territory and further.

Well Gentlemen good luck, I'm going for round number two on this if you guys have any advice please feel free to send it my way.

Gaizokubanou's Avatar Biarchus
    United States, New Jersey (That's East Coast)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I see your challenge and raise you...

I will be attempting this challenge with:

- Iron-mode saving... Only saving when I exit... No quick save or reloading to get better results.
    - No pausing during tactical battles...
    - No auto-resolve.

Gentlemen... The game is on.
    That's the default setting in Legendary mode

Ronin's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Gaizokubanou View Post
    That's the default setting in Legendary mode
    Oh... Well... GAME ON!

subordinates.
    ~ Ronin

Quote Originally Posted by John F. Kennedy View Post
    How about sending up an agent there to see if that can prevent fog of war AI cheating?

Edit: Then again I remember how AI cheats by having extra recruitment slots, instant vets and cheaper units.. never mind.

Ronin's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganoush View Post
    How about sending up an agent there to see if that can prevent fog of war AI cheating?

Edit: Then again I remember how AI cheats by having extra recruitment slots, instant vets and cheaper units.. never mind.
    It needs them. Human player has a brain. Brain beats all.

subordinates.
    ~ Ronin

I dunno. No matter how smart I like to think I am, there's just no way my brain can handle 3 full stack armies with a half stack of levies...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    the Church has only improved mankind in history

For this there are words, but none that abide by the ToS.

Ronin's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    I dunno. No matter how smart I like to think I am, there's just no way my brain can handle 3 full stack armies with a half stack of levies...
    Solution: Buy better units than just levies? Or make the enemy attack you where you're strongest. Like a defensive castle siege.

subordinates.
    ~ Ronin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast