Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: BSM for Shogun 2 & Fall of the Samurai v1.2 and BSM v1.2 for Darthmod 4.1 (update 29.05.12 - Watersplash fixes)

Ordinarius

Default Re: Battlefield Smoke Mod for Shogun 2 & Fall of the Samurai

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by libindi View Post
    How is the impect on the FPS?wahts the graphic setting you recommand when using this mod??current im playing on high particle setting.
    I recommend all settings on very high / ultra. The engine has extremly improved by CA since Empire. Also with BSM the Game should run better than Empire or napoleon. Of course you will notice a slight performance impact. I'm using a fast pc and have no performance drops also in battles with thousands of units and smoke overall. This is just amazing in comparison to empire.

Quote Originally Posted by libindi View Post
    also can this mod work with darth mod??
    Not yet. Darth mod uses already modded files wich my mod needs to generate the correct particle effects. But i'll contact Darth next week to build a compatible version.

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    It cant be compatible since i removed blood on screen splash and that is using landbattle effects table which i guess is used in this mod aswell. That is in my Overhauls or in my Fixed mods. Mech would have to make another version where he removes blood on screen effect (which is extremely annoying anyway and so many people demanded)
    As i described in the readme.txt and frontpage, all mods wich uses the listed files doesn't work with my mod.
    I agree with you. The blood screen splatter effect is nothing just annoying. In vanilla. I altered the effect to be more subtle. It is noticable but not annoying anymore. Just try it out. Even Satyrus is pleased with it.

Will download later tonight! Cant wait to try this out.

Btw, Mech, can you make another version with the vanilla blood effects?

i tried the fos verson last night.

The mod is awesome,here is one gameplay

I try out the mod last night, and like it very much!

However, I notice that the explosion sound from artillery is different? It doesn't sound as mean and "gritty" as vanilla?

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I really liked this Beta version, when I were testing my updated NoBWM. Specially I liked that gatling gun had small flames when it firing ahead enemies. Also I really liked when gatling shooting, those missed bullets hit to ground and make small dust cloud! Explosives and muskets smokes was pretty awesome now. Also I cried for happy parrot cannon got their particle and smoke effect now. Dare to use them now. Thanks Mech_Donald!!!

IGood's bayonets + my NoBWM + your Smoke effect = FOTS is like realistic history game

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; May 05, 2012 at 06:45 AM.

Ordinarius

Hi!

Currently, i work on an update to improve some of the effects. The update should be ready in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by william456 View Post
    i tried the fos verson last night.

The mod is awesome,here is one gameplay
    Thanks for the gameplay vid. Glad to see there are no bugs. But the vid also shows what has to be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    I try out the mod last night, and like it very much!

However, I notice that the explosion sound from artillery is different? It doesn't sound as mean and "gritty" as vanilla?
    There are no changes to soundeffects. My mod alters only the particle effects in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif♔ View Post
    I really liked this Beta version, when I were testing my updated NoBWM. Specially I liked that gatling gun had small flames when it firing ahead enemies. Also I really liked when gatling shooting, those missed bullets hit to ground and make small dust cloud! Explosives and muskets smokes was pretty awesome now. Also I cried for happy parrot cannon got their particle and smoke effect now. Dare to use them now. Thanks Mech_Donald!!!

IGood's bayonets + my NoBWM + your Smoke effect = FOTS is like realistic history game
    Thank you for the compliment! Glad to see that you like it. The screen is really nice. Are these bayonets historic for japan? It looks really awesome. I know they used weapons from america, europe or great britain. But were these used in japan battles?

Best regards
    Mech_Donald

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_Donald View Post
    Thank you for the compliment! Glad to see that you like it. The screen is really nice. Are these bayonets historic for japan? It looks really awesome. I know they used weapons from america, europe or great britain. But were these used in japan battles?

Best regards
    Mech_Donald
    Ask by IGood, I am wrong guy to answer for that

Das ist eine fantastiche Mod! Der Rauch sieht viel besser aus.

Only limited amount of smoke appears in winter battles and during the first 2 historical battles, there is none at all (from muskets).

hey i noticed that after i downloaded this that my modded units in FOTS from the TakingMilad all in one mod had their stats mostly reduced back to what they were (ex. torpedoes no longer move at 10X speed). Did this mod cause it to revert or is it something else? If so is there any way it can be fixed.

By the way the smoke and explosions now look EPIC . so thank you for your hard work

satyrus's Avatar Civis

in winter you can not see the smoke very good this is why mech mades the smoke more blue then white.
    You have the Fixes Mod from Radious or his complete Radious mod ? When yes delete it.
    Last edited by satyrus; May 07, 2012 at 01:36 PM.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Orekxl View Post
    Das ist eine fantastiche Mod! Der Rauch sieht viel besser aus.

Thanks for the compliment! Have fun with my mod.
    (Danke für das Lob! Viel Spaß mit der Mod)

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4 View Post
    Only limited amount of smoke appears in winter battles and during the first 2 historical battles, there is none at all (from muskets).
    I'll check this. What other mods are you using? There could be incompatibilities causing errors.

Quote Originally Posted by stakuyi View Post
    hey i noticed that after i downloaded this that my modded units in FOTS from the TakingMilad all in one mod had their stats mostly reduced back to what they were (ex. torpedoes no longer move at 10X speed). Did this mod cause it to revert or is it something else? If so is there any way it can be fixed.

By the way the smoke and explosions now look EPIC . so thank you for your hard work
    I know. Unfortunatly, all mods wich alters any projectile info in tables, such as speed, range, damage or something, aren't compatible. If my mod works, all changed stats of the other mod will be overwritten. The only way to solve this is to make a compatible version of BSM.

One that replaces Engrish with Japanese language and an AI mod.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4 View Post
    One that replaces Engrish with Japanese language and an AI mod.
    Hmm, i testet it in the first two available historical battles without any errors. All effects works still flawlessly. Maybe your AI mod uses some of the tables wich overwrites BSM table files. Just try it without the ai mod just for a test.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

So it's all fixed up now? Perhaps I'm just being damn slow .

Edit: Alright. As per your permission from some time ago in the thread, Mech_Donald, I adapted this to The Sekigahara Campaign. If it doesn't crack open a trade secret, would you mind noting what you did with the "projectiles" and "projectiles_explosions" tables? Seki uses those two tables, so it would be great if I could clear up the changes you made to those tables. I took a quick look and nothing stood out as distinct, and play-testing without those two tables in the adapted BSM pack produced smoky goodness as the videos in the OP shows .

Anyway, yet again, excellent work!
    Last edited by Akaie; May 08, 2012 at 07:21 AM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Ordinarius

Hi Anton III,

I wrote you a PM. Hope this clarifys some.

best regards

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Alrighty. Just a usual morning's mangonelling...

...where a rouge tanuki often leads to destroying around a koku or two of rice.

Nice job, Mech_Donald .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    Alrighty. Just a usual morning's mangonelling...

...where a rouge tanuki often leads to destroying around a koku or two of rice.

Nice job, Mech_Donald .
    Hey! Good to see that everything works flawlessly!

Quick question: How much of a performace hit does this cause?
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Gorhaax View Post
    Quick question: How much of a performace hit does this cause?
    Hard to say and depends on how strong your System is. With a strong System there are no stutters no matter how much units are on the battlefield. Just try it out! If the performance hit is too hard then just delete the file.