Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patch 2.1(adding Turnovo custom settlement) released

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

Default Re: Patch 2.1(adding Turnovo custom settlement) released

Thanks mate.
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

I just installed the patch and Turnovo looks better in the game than it does in the screenshots! Very nice wall textures and all. The AI however does not attack the city in the historical battle which was a bit disappointing.

Have you considered porting the mod to Kingdoms? It runs very slowly.. yet all the Kingdoms mods have great performance.
    EDIT: Well, the slowness issue has been solved as stated in the OP.
    Last edited by atheniandp; July 27, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Quote Originally Posted by atheniandp View Post
    I just installed the patch and Turnovo looks better in the game than it does in the screenshots! Very nice wall textures and all. The AI however does not attack the city in the historical battle which was a bit disappointing.
    Thank you, actually I made a few changes to the textures after the screen-shots have been made.
    Tha AI issue is most probably because maximum_slope for rams is insufficient. Open descr_pathfinding.txt and increase battle ram maximum_slope to exceed 50%. or apply the attached archive. I ran my test with ram max_slope= 85(as it's in the archive) and The IA rushed to the gate. Don't forget to back-up the vanilla descr_pathfinding.txt first!

Have you considered porting the mod to Kingdoms? It runs very slowly.. yet all the Kingdoms mods have great performance.
    EDIT: Well, the slowness issue has been solved as stated in the OP.
    Sorry, I don't have time to port it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

Excellent, thanks for the fix. The settlement works well in custom battles. The front gate is quite a killing ground.

The only two things I've noticed are that:

1. You cannot deploy archers on the two gates. Seems kind of unfortunate, but M2TW does have a really buggy deployment issue.
    2. Ladders placed on the right side of the city (if we're looking towards the gate from the city centre) are bugged; they do not grasp the wall and many climbers get stuck in mid air.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Excellent, thanks for the fix. The settlement works well in custom battles. The front gate is quite a killing ground.

The only two things I've noticed are that:

1. You cannot deploy archers on the two gates. Seems kind of unfortunate, but M2TW does have a really buggy deployment issue.
    2. Ladders placed on the right side of the city (if we're looking towards the gate from the city centre) are bugged; they do not grasp the wall and many climbers get stuck in mid air.

Thanks for the feedback.
    1. I had a desire to make them deployable but unfortunately without success, do not know the reason.
    2. That's probably a terrain related issue. I'll try to fix it.
    Last edited by alien_t; August 06, 2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: double post

(Morava) river 505 AD

I'd like to mention that happened when I used Turnovo in a custom battle, not the historical one. I'll keep you informed as to anything else I may encounter.

Great, thanks.

(Morava) river 505 AD

Okay, got some more issues:

1. The textures of the central cathedral act funny/flash quickly.
    2. When zoomed down from the outside and looking towards the custom settlement, you can see areas where the walls aren't touching the ground/floating in the air.

If you need screenshots let me know.

Thanks for the feedback.

(Morava) river 505 AD

The settlement looks amazing! Why don't you offer it to some of the new mods for Kingdoms which include Bulgaria?

Will there be any more updates? I hope to see this settlement in other mods as well.

The download link isnt working

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Could somebody upload the files again, pls?

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

I installed patch 2.1, but it's not working, I dont have Tarnovo on map (I reloaded map.rwm) and when I'm trying to play historical battle of Tarnovo, I get ctd.

Hi,

I have a question. I play in late era and as Latin Roman Empire. All works fine but
    my general, Merchants and so on are all speaking french! - and not only the accent,
    the language!

Does someone know how to fix this?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Marc Byzantinum; October 08, 2015 at 09:26 AM.

Thank you for this gift!
    As a bulgarian i can say: Благодаря ти за тези подаръци!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Note:

This patch has been added to the mod which has now been ported to kingdoms and is also Steam compatible.

Get it here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12