Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Boshin: Total Domains - An 'All Clans Playable' for FOTS!

Default Re: Boshin: Total Domains - An 'All Clans Playable' for FOTS!

Pack 3...????

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

I release them by demand, since I'm focusing on other things. You're the first person that has reflected any sort of demand .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

here's nothing more? pack 3

I'm not quite sure what you mean. As I noted above, there is no 'pack 3' because you have been the first person to ask for it .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

do it please

Quote Originally Posted by daniiele7 View Post
    here's nothing more? pack 3
    I'm not quite sure what that means. Were you expecting him to whip it up for you since yesterday? He already replied to you and said that he is busy, and that you were the first person to want it. He is a very nice and helpful man, but he has his own life and does not get paid for this.

Also, you should consider thanking the man for what he has already given you. Without him, you wouldn't have any extra playable clans at all, unless you did it yourself.

I'm not trying to be mean to you, but show the man a little respect and appreciation.

Thanks Anton III! I appreciate your hard work and dedication to making S2 a better game, and in turn, adding to it hours of replay value. You the Man!

Maximus_54's Avatar Miles

Just got Shogun 2 FOTS and was like Wtf when I saw only 6 playable factions and the rest cost for like 20 dollars. 12 Factions for free here? What a bargain. If I could throw my money at the screen and give it to you, I would.

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you mean. As I noted above, there is no 'pack 3' because you have been the first person to ask for it .
    Anton , you've done an amazing job on many different mods and overhauls and i'm sure you must be busy and have a set of priority on what you mod

However , i want to be the 2nd guy (or 3rd i think ) that asks for a pack 3

Why ? because aside from Sekigahara mod , i mostly play FOTS now as i find it really fun and well done (map , buildings , ability to turtle much better , cool agents and ships etc ) even though this period of history doesn't interest me nearly as much as earlier periods like the Sengoku period

I already had a lot of fun with this mod playing an Edo and Okazaki campaign , but i would have loved to be able to play other clans , for instance the Nagoya clan that starts at Owari with a gunsmith , the Kubota clan that starts with Ugo also with a gunsmith or the Kumamoto clan of Higo for instance , as it was a quite influential domain during the Boshin war even though not as prominent as the big three imperial clans , for instance the famous activist/assassin Kawakami Gensai was from Kumamoto ( if you saw the anime Rurouni Kenshin , the main character is inspired of Gensai ) , the Kanazawa of Noto region would be nice too , cool starting place

Anyways , thanks a lot for your dedication , if you have time one day , it would be cool if there could be a third pack , if not , i'm still grateful of what you done already , cheers
    Last edited by DeMolay; July 09, 2012 at 04:40 PM.

Yes Anton has done so much work for this community and should be thanked. There is actually threads out there that will tell you how to make a clan playable, so if you feel the sudden need to go play a clan, check there.

Modding is a great hobby and most modders are respected by the members of the community so give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMolay View Post
    i want to be the 2nd guy (or 3rd i think ) that asks for a pack 3
    Got it . I just need demand to justify it's creation. With time conservatism, I don't see much point in making it solely for the community when the community has no demand for it .

On another matter, "186192" downloads ?! Somethings rather iffy there; I noticed it jumped from about ~3-4 thousand to well over 10 thousand, and now to this!

Patron of Erwin Rommel

That and there is only 20000 views to this thread.
    Hmm....

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Probably because someone has linked the download on other websites or forums ? or else the download count is bugged (would be surprising ) ?

Anyway , thanks a lot Anton for answer that's kind of you , i understand you need people to voice their interest to get started , i'll wait patiently

Sam , thanks for advice , i'll look into it , i know how to mod basic stuffs like unit caps (i made a home mod for this in FOTS to prevent ship spamming , only 1 ship of each type allowed in my campaigns , it rewards capturing ships and fighting many naval battles , but not any random clan can spam quickly a monster fleet out of nothing but just money ) and other PFM editing

I've never tried to make an AI clan playable yet , i think it's probably much harder though , but it's always useful to have the knowledge to do it in case , so i'll try to check the threads that explain it (although it would be kind of you to point me to a thread that explains it , i searched without success in the mod section and google , thanks )
    Last edited by DeMolay; July 10, 2012 at 01:02 PM.

I was figuring the former. It's pretty easy to do so .

In lue of doing it myself, I might commit the time to actually document the process. I've said that before, though, so take it with a grain of salt .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Not sure if your still doing packs Anton, but if so, could you add Fukue in the next pack please?

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, Anton!!!

I was so torn on choosing any clan to play FotS and now thanks to your mod, I'm settled. It's going to be the Matsumae clan for the following sentimental reason alone:

My first and main Shogun 2 playthrough was as my beloved Takeda. And Matsumae hail from the Takeda, so much so as having their kamon/mon. http://wiki.samurai-archives.com/ind...=Matsumae_clan

So, I can't wait to play as them! Will be starting now. Are they Imperial or Shogunate? Doesn't matter, I'll find out soon enough.

Lastly, would it be possible to have appropriate Clan Description, specialty Clan bonuses, and perhaps unique units or access to unique units for these clans in the packs instead of the current Placeholder description and four Placerholder bonuses?

I know you told earlier that this sort of extended modding wasn't planned for these packs, but I feel like this is the next step to take to flesh out/polish the mod further. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; August 08, 2012 at 05:49 PM.

Started as Matsumae, encountered the following:

Right after the first turn to stabilize the fog of war, all the provinces starting revolting with "Non-Clan allegiance" I think it's because essentially the Jozai (Jozai speech intro played in beginning) clan is controlling the Matsumae lands, even though the controlled armies and cities are Matsumae and not Jozai. Also, the color in-game on the map is the Jozai blue, not the Matsumae yellow.

Is this hard-coded in? Is there any way around it?

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

So is it bug free and compatible with the 'mini-patch' we received recently?
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

If you make another pack, please include the Wakayama. It would be really nice to start off in Kii, as it's pretty defendable and has nice fertility stats.

Quote Originally Posted by TuranianGhazi View Post
    Started as Matsumae, encountered the following:

Right after the first turn to stabilize the fog of war, all the provinces starting revolting with "Non-Clan allegiance" I think it's because essentially the Jozai (Jozai speech intro played in beginning) clan is controlling the Matsumae lands, even though the controlled armies and cities are Matsumae and not Jozai. Also, the color in-game on the map is the Jozai blue, not the Matsumae yellow.

Is this hard-coded in? Is there any way around it?
    Do you have any other mods installed?

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    So is it bug free and compatible with the 'mini-patch' we received recently?
    It shouldn't be an issue .

Quote Originally Posted by Waterrmelonn View Post
    could you add Fukue in the next pack please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebioz View Post
    If you make another pack, please include the Wakayama.
    Sure .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    Do you have any other mods installed?
    First of all, thank you for responding back, Anton I understand how hectic a modder can be (I mod for other games I play)

Anyways, nope, I do not have any other mods installed for Shogun 2, RotS or FotS. So I'm not sure what gives. Perhaps I just simply installed incorrectly