Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Risk_Version.II.--released--advanced campaign submod..

Sicknero's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Risk_Version.II.--released--advanced campaign submod..

Quote Originally Posted by LordXarax View Post
    I gave just examples of models for buildings
    Yes I was just looking at them ... fascinating stuff, I'd like to learn more about that.

Sicknero's Avatar Senator

That was loads of fun anyway, just had an entertaining hour playing with this mod :-)

Turn 1 ... a quick jaunt across the English Channel to capture Calais; a chaotic fight in the dense trees, in which Wellesley (the faction heir, lol) runs away. But his men who stayed to fight still managed to see off the French reinforcements and take the town.

Turn 2 ... booted out of Calais by a much larger French force; Wellesley killed and his whole army wiped out... :-)

Seriously though, looks like a great game. I love what you've done with the buildings they look brilliant.

It's a pity there's no option for infantry to form square when attacked by cavalry, but I assume that's a limitation of the TW game engine?

The French army when they attacked me in Calais, had no formations at all and just came on as one large rabble... but I'm thinking that might be because of it being a settlement-based fight... out in the open troops seem more likely to keep their formations. Indeed I see a reference to this further up the thread so I'll have a closer look later.

Excellent work anyway, thank you very much :-) It's this kind of modding, that takes the game to so many different eras and worlds, that really makes the game so much more fun and more entertaining than it even is to start with.

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

thank you very much my friend...beside my new assignment for rotn, i hope to make some progress here too....also i have to learn to work with 3dsmax...so maybe with the time i could do some more improvments.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by sicknero View Post
    That was loads of fun anyway, just had an entertaining hour playing with this mod :-)

Turn 1 ... a quick jaunt across the English Channel to capture Calais; a chaotic fight in the dense trees, in which Wellesley (the faction heir, lol) runs away. But his men who stayed to fight still managed to see off the French reinforcements and take the town.

Turn 2 ... booted out of Calais by a much larger French force; Wellesley killed and his whole army wiped out... :-)
    this is a lesson in why proxy wars are the way of the future in this mod, when dealing with France
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Domesticus

Congratulations on the sub-mod!

I would like to ask some questions:

1-In the event there will be other playable factions in the future? You can add more units to create other factions?

2-In "map_regions" Portugal does not have the right areas, why? You have reached the limit of the Regions (199)?

3-In the squares of the city the flags of the factions are not complete, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post

1-In the event there will be other playable factions in the future? You can add more units to create other factions?

2-In "map_regions" Portugal does not have the right areas, why? You have reached the limit of the Regions (19)?
    leoni is the only who is working at this mod, he/she can't do them all, are some problems if you went in data you will see there are 2 or 3 files of descr_strat that mean is an missunderstanding between files and one faction had take portugal and etc.

Domesticus

Ok, I understand.

There would only change a little bit map_regions and then is ok.

It is working to change the images (Napoleon etc ...) of the general campaign?

What programs are used to make the UI cards NTW2? To make the new UI cards equal to those of the mod.

Domesticus

I can help you make changes (to improve) map_regions.

Change some regions (rendele more like the real boundaries).

And place the city (various) in their correct position (example: Toledo and Cordoba are not in the correct regions, Madrid and other cities are not in the correct positions).

Let me know!

...make it...post it...its a free world...all my work is for free use...no permission bla bla...just share your changes with the community and we will all profit of it...i take a outtime for health care and learning...
    and hope to bring someday a napoleon mod to mtw2...

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

hopefully i will have time by then to lend a hand

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    ...make it...post it...its a free world...all my work is for free use...no permission bla bla...just share your changes with the community and we will all profit of it...i take a outtime for health care and learning...
    and hope to bring someday a napoleon mod to mtw2...

Ok, I just made ​​some changes to "map_regions" the place in this discussion.

From what little I can do I would like to give a contribution to NTW2 mod (sub-mod).

It would be a good idea to make a version of NTW2 for MTW2!
    Last edited by Crociato78; May 03, 2012 at 06:40 PM.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    hopefully i will have time by then to lend a hand
    I would also like to give my little hand, if one day the project begins.

...there are already great mods like 1648 or war of the colonies, which give a good base for a napoleonic mod...some units too....hope i will learn to port units from other tw games and or make some units...also mapping stuff...so for traits-script i should handle with...but thats future...since i got no team...

I'd like to make a CTD report. Playing as the Ottomans, I tried to view Istanbul on the battlemap and it CTD with a bug in the descr_strat, saying "there should be no buildings in the village" or something like that.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

did you got the last version...there are no villages any more...

playing as Kessel and im surrounded by enemies. its great!! units are horrible in combat but the guards grenadiers do the job. cant wait until the new battle cities are finished. hope real life is treating everyone well. ooh question i know this is off topic but i read that i could run Napoleonic Total War II through Alexander and i didn't know how to do that. if someone could enlighten me id greatly appreciate it. again Leoni thanks for the hard work. i enjoy it very much. even though its outdated it makes this young soldier happy in this miserable fort

...until now i just could upload the standart village, but with retexted buidlings, with walls the ai cant handle it...new great cities i wont due, until i learned a bit with 3dsmax or get help...both will take time...
    thank you very much for your support....

why may i ask do the british give orders in german?
    .......... ..........
    PC Specs
    Intel Core i7 975 @3.33GHz (8 CPUs)
    12288MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
    Razer Anansi Keyboard
    Razer Mamba Mouse
    NZXT Tower
    Viewsonic VA2245a Monitor

damnit please, could somebody be more specific about the install? Ive worked on it for hours and have read very thoroughly the steps given but I cannot grasp how to install the mod... Thankyou vvery much for your help

EDIT: ERROR FIXED
    Last edited by aqualord123; June 17, 2012 at 09:00 PM.

DizzyRainbow's Avatar Libertus

Hey there i've encountered a bit of a problem, the only campaign that works is the italy campaign, and even then only as france (doesn't stop me playing it though!) is there any way to fix that? Also is it normal for it to say "there are no buildings here" before I siege?