Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.5] Four turns per year - New Version 1.2

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [RS 2.5] Four turns per year - V1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Desley View Post
    Thank you for updating this
    No problem.

I hope anyone can help. I have downloaded the file. Where do I need to copy what? And where are these map.rvm files everyone's talking about?

Extract the version you want, 2 summer 2 winters or 3s 1w, into your 'Rome Total War' folder which is inside your RS folder and allow it to overwrite everything.

You can delete the map.rwm files from the launcher.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

I have been enjoying TW Center for over 2 years now, with its hosting of various Total War mods and gameplay enhancers.

I do admit that I have taken *way* too long to make an account here and actively post, but I never really needed help until now with anything.

--I added your 4 Year Per Turn mod into my game files, all correctly, since I've done it with other campaigns like Syracuse and Massalia. (And they are perfect, I like longer lifetimes for my leaders)

But when I add it into Eastern factions ie Pontus who use a different calendar system than AUC, their calendar year right at the beginning of the game zooms up to the same year that AUC factions play at. For example as Pontus starts the game the script automatically enables and the starting year jumps to 536 SE. 500 years fly by in the blink of an eye, wow. lol

This causes a lot of different game events to trigger upon the beginning of the next turn, I can deal with it and it's not a huge problem, but is there a way that I could perhaps fix it? Playing as the Ptolemaic Empire and having a plague break out while trying to fight the Seleucids on Very Hard difficulty might prove impossible...

Thank you in advance, GoH

Quote Originally Posted by Mists of History View Post
    I have been enjoying TW Center for over 2 years now, with its hosting of various Total War mods and gameplay enhancers.

I do admit that I have taken *way* too long to make an account here and actively post, but I never really needed help until now with anything.
    to TWC. Believe me, posting here is way cooler than simply reading.

--I added your 4 Year Per Turn mod into my game files, all correctly, since I've done it with other campaigns like Syracuse and Massalia. (And they are perfect, I like longer lifetimes for my leaders)

But when I add it into Eastern factions ie Pontus who use a different calendar system than AUC, their calendar year right at the beginning of the game zooms up to the same year that AUC factions play at. For example as Pontus starts the game the script automatically enables and the starting year jumps to 536 SE. 500 years fly by in the blink of an eye, wow. lol

-This causes a lot of different game events to trigger upon the beginning of the next turn, I can deal with it and it's not a huge problem, but is there a way that I could perhaps fix it? Playing as the Ptolemaic Empire and having a plague break out while trying to fight the Seleucids on Very Hard difficulty might prove impossible...

Thank you in advance, GoH
    Ok, I tested it right now, and well, it works perfectly. Even as Pontus, the dates are correctly assigned.
    However, I had the problem of corrupted files before - I have reuploaded the files, so please download and reinstall it again.

Thank you for your response! I will re-download now, and apply the files.

-And everything is working perfectly now, I just checked it out and yes it may have been some kind of corruption
    in the files that happened previously when you uploaded them. Many thanks!

I will be playing this campaign now. (Y)

Thank you for your response! I will re-download now, and apply the files.

-And everything is working perfectly now, I just checked it out and yes it may have been some kind of corruption
    in the files that happened previously when you uploaded them. Many thanks!

I will be playing this campaign now. (Y)
    Glad to see it works now.

I've actually only just reinstalled Rome after years and applied this mod.
    I was wondering if there is still an enddate in the game and/or a forced 'halt' to the campaign when this mod is active?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Darthvegeta800 View Post
    I've actually only just reinstalled Rome after years and applied this mod.
    I was wondering if there is still an enddate in the game and/or a forced 'halt' to the campaign when this mod is active?
    No, it works how it should. RTW counts the years not the turns.

@ luke vader, there might be a possible bug with the age traits (youthful and suchlike). I have to keep playing to make certain of this. Hopefully there isn't. It's just I have some 45year old peoples who are still 'youthful'. If I remember right they should be middle aged by now. I'll see for certain in another 20 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    @ luke vader, there might be a possible bug with the age traits (youthful and suchlike). I have to keep playing to make certain of this. Hopefully there isn't. It's just I have some 45year old peoples who are still 'youthful'. If I remember right they should be middle aged by now. I'll see for certain in another 20 turns.
    No, I actually tested those traits very carefully. The problem is that you sometimes recruit an agent with 30+ years - but the trait just check the turns the agent is "ingame". This is why you got sometimes generals with more than 60 years, but being "young and full of vim and vigor". This is also the reason why it is hidden for generals, I guess.

Tl;dr: Its a normal, minor RSX bug. It shouldnīt appear too often, but using the 4tpy-script changes nothing.

Thanks for your work Luke Vader. I downloaded your script and got it to work fine for 2 summers/2 winters but can't see an option anywhere to choose the 3 summer/1 winter version. Am I missing something - I am downloading from the first posts link.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Warrior View Post
    Thanks for your work Luke Vader. I downloaded your script and got it to work fine for 2 summers/2 winters but can't see an option anywhere to choose the 3 summer/1 winter version. Am I missing something - I am downloading from the first posts link.
    Well, I am afraid it got lost somewhere on my pc; when I reuploaded it I couldnīt find it anymore, so I didnīt include it. I thought I had the "you can choose" removed from the OP, but apparently I was wrong.

Lol ok thanks for the quick reply, at least I'm not going mad - yet anyway. I'll just edit myself for my chosen champaign. Thanks again for your scripts, definitely an improvement.

Of course, the ideal thing then would be autumn vegetation on the battlemap!

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

I also didn't see the 3 summer 1 winter option.

I'm not sure on how to install this. I unzipped the .7z file to the desktop. 2 layers into that unzipped folder are all the "play faction" folders. Now what? Do I select all those folders, copy, then paste into the folder where all the .exe files are in the first layer of my RSII folder?

Sorry for the noobish question but more explicit directions would be greatly appreciated.

This does look to be a great sub mod that suits my play style. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bb82 View Post
    I also didn't see the 3 summer 1 winter option.

I'm not sure on how to install this. I unzipped the .7z file to the desktop. 2 layers into that unzipped folder are all the "play faction" folders. Now what? Do I select all those folders, copy, then paste into the folder where all the .exe files are in the first layer of my RSII folder?

Sorry for the noobish question but more explicit directions would be greatly appreciated.

This does look to be a great sub mod that suits my play style. Thanks.
    Iīm sorry for not explaining properly. Basically, once you have those folders, copy them into your main RS folder - exactly the same as with your battle changes.

And well, as I said above: There are no more 2 options to choose, you have one default option which is 3x Summer and 1x Winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Vader View Post
    once you have those folders, copy them into your main RS folder - exactly the same as with your battle changes.
    Glad to see that those great submods don't conflict .

Thanks again,
    bb

Just a quick headsup. The default file I downloaded was 2 summers and 2 winters. If you want to change that for the campaign you are playing bb82 then Luke vader tells you how on page 3 of this thread.
    Oh and +rep to Luke vader for your script - thanks again.
    Last edited by Rogue Warrior; May 19, 2012 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Warrior View Post
    Just a quick headsup. The default file I downloaded was 2 summers and 2 winters. If you want to change that for the campaign you are playing bb82 then Luke vader tells you how on page 3 of this thread.
    Oh and +rep to Luke vader for your script - thanks again.
    I just checked too. It is set for 2 summer 2 winter. I hope this is the latest version that fixes elections and not an older file. Or is this the intended file for the latest version of this submod (to have the 2 summer 2 winter)?

I think I'd prefer 3 summer 1 winter. But elections is what matters more and having 2 winters might be fun anyways.

What happens at the last turn of the game? Does it just end or can you continue playing after 850ish (I think)?
    Last edited by bb82; May 19, 2012 at 05:24 PM.

There does seem to be some confusion since LV states that 3 summer 1 winter is the the only default DL of this mod now. But it is 2 summer 2 winter in that dl. And the dl date for that file is March 22, 2012, making me think it might be an older version of this submod that is currently posted in the OP. Any way to confirm that this is the 1.1 version that fixes the senate elections (the most current version)?

Thanks,
    bb

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast