Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED] ENB Series for DMUC

Default [RELEASED] ENB Series for DMUC

What's it all about:
    All the credits for the ENB go to Boris Vorontsov for developing this amazing tool.
    You can find out more about ENB at his website http://enbdev.com/index_en.html

ENB was created for different engines respectively games (most of them older ones) and thus upgraded their graphics.

Even thou our beloved Empire Total War is not that old; it lacks certain modern day graphical additions.
    For that reason, I have tweaked ENB config in order to support ETW and work with it. And now I can finally share it with you.

I tried to achieve a more realistic, deep, and immerse picture quality. Picture tends to be less bright, shadows are vastly improved and now weather really makes a difference. You will see how proper lighting, in reality, benefits the game. Weather now plays a bigger role. In order to see what it practically does, check the preview, in order to try it out properly, download and install it, as it's close to impossible to present all the actual changes, it needs to be seen in a dynamic environment.

Preview:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    No ENB

ENB

No ENB

ENB

No ENB

ENB

No ENB

ENB

No ENB

ENB

No ENB

ENB

No ENB

ENB

No ENB

ENB

Requirements:

• For the best effect, you need PC that can more or less support Empire Total War graphics maxxed out (jet it's not that essential ENB can work on nearly any rig) .

• Video card that supports Shaders 3.0 (Works on 2.0 as well, but with lesser quality).

• DirectX 9

Installation:

1. Download the .rar file from one of the links on the bottom of the post.
    2. Extract d3d9.dll and enbseries.ini to a temporary folder.
    3. follow the path to root folder of Empire Total War
      " .....\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war"
    4. Copy d3d9.dll and enbseries.ini to root folder.
    5. In the end it should look like
    6. And that's it!

Using ENB:
    Now there is a minor flaw with ENB, in certain games it gives a user an infamous "White Screen" upon usage, but managed to work around it.

1. Start Empire Total War + DMUC
    2. During the loading you will see ENB green text in the top left corner.
      If you see that it works, and you are nearly there!
    3. Go to quick battles and start a random battle with any amount of units, it does not matter.
    4. When the game has loaded and you are at unit placement phase, activate ENB by pressing
      SHIFT + F12 .
    5. 99% that you will get the infamous White Screen.
    6. Dont panic! Click ALT + CTRL + DELETE , basically what you want to do is to get to Desktop.
    7. Do not close the game. Now get back into the game and keep Task Manager working in the background.
    8. After you are back to game, use SHIFT + F12 again and enjoy the ENB!

Sadly, you need to repeat the above every time you play ETW + DMUC, but it takes just 1 minute to do so.

Enjoy the ENB!

In nearest future, I plan to add some more effects to ENB and create various presets performance wise, so that people with weak computers can use it and benefit from ENB as well.

Feedback is appreciated.

Link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?cd9unb9gfenhya1

Or
    Last edited by c.ryo; March 22, 2012 at 02:34 PM.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: ENB Series for DMUC

Can you please clarify that these modifications meet the part in bold here?

LICENSE AGREEMENT AND DISTRIBUTION RULES:

1 Copyrights of the ENBSeries (the SOFTWARE) exclusively belongs to AUTHOR - Vorontsov Boris (ENB developer).
    2 ENBSeries is DonateWare application (freeware), which means you may or may not pay for this software to the author as donation.
    3 Software provided "AS IS", without warranty of any kind, use it on your own risk.
    4 You agree not to change or remove any parts of software (files in archive or installer) without author permission. Decompilation, reverse enginering, disassembling, debugging or changing resources of software is prohibited.
    5 You may use and distribute software in commercial or non-commercial purposes. For commercial use it is required to warn about using this software (in credits, on the box or other places). Commercial distribution of software as part of the games without author permission prohibited.
    6 Author reserve the right to change these license agreement.
    7 All the rights, not described in this license agreement belongs to author.
    8 You allowed to add new files to ENBSeries archive or installer.
    9 You may sell presets, shaders, bitmaps, documentation and any other components for ENBSeries, except binary files (dll, exe) created by author of ENBSeries.
    10 Custom presets, shaders, bitmaps, documentation and any other components for ENBSeries belongs to their authors and may have copyrights and license.

By executing the ENBSeries you accepting terms of use and this license agreement.

♔Tango12345♔
    There is no installer in my .rar file. I did not
    not to change or remove any parts of software (files in archive or installer) without author permission.
    d3d9.dll is the only file taken from website and it is untouched, as wrote already all credit for that goes for ENB developer. .ini file was created and edited by me from scratch, and which makes it a preset.

8 You allowed to add new files to ENBSeries archive or installer.
    9 You may sell presets, shaders, bitmaps, documentation and any other components for ENBSeries, except binary files (dll, exe) created by author of ENBSeries.
    10 Custom presets, shaders, bitmaps, documentation and any other components for ENBSeries belongs to their authors and may have copyrights and license.
    Last edited by c.ryo; March 22, 2012 at 09:12 AM.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Thank you for clarifying that. I don't take chances with this kind of thing.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Good mod!

Used to play than on GTA San Andreas, and on Medieval II as well.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Good mod!

Used to play than on GTA San Andreas, and on Medieval II as well.
    Sadly only old ENB versions are compatible with ETW right now, I wish new ones would work some day.

Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    Sadly only old ENB versions are compatible with ETW right now, I wish new ones would work some day.
    Well, the nice thing is that it will work vanilla or any other mod, or probably any other game.

Have you really tested the new ENB version on ETW? They seem to work on most games.

Well, the nice thing is that it will work vanilla or any other mod, or probably any other game.

Have you really tested the new ENB version on ETW? They seem to work on most games
    Certain features work, certain don't its really random. I have checked so far couple of versions, but couldn't assamble anything that would look better then this. On one hand it may add some nice effect, jet other effects wont work. So for now this version, Imo, provides best features. But I will keep on researching.

Certain features work, certain don't its really random. I have checked so far couple of versions, but couldn't assamble anything that would look better then this. On one hand it may add some nice effect, jet other effects wont work. So for now this version, Imo, provides best features. But I will keep on researching.
    I have a good experience with ENBs and I can help you.

I have a good experience with ENBs and I can help you.
    Certainly, please PM me so we can further discuss this matter.

So much time has passed , more then 150 downloads in total , jet not a single good or bad or critical comment. Some feedback if possible.

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Thanks for posting this. +

I'm fairly new to the ENB series , ( discovered that gem through Skyrim ) and I was happily surprised to see one available for Empire. Of course I had to try it out...

I had to do the CTRL+ALT+DEL thing to get it working properly , but as you said , that's just a mere inconvenience. The ENB's effect isn't as dramatic in combat , but still it is an improvement to vanilla. I turn it off when on the campaign screen , as it tends to darken the campaign map too much for my taste . I also turned it off for the sea battles , as I noticed the cannon flashes are on the wrong side of the ship when this ENB is turned .

Anyways , thanks for sharing.

LaMuerte
    Thank you for feedback.
    I also turned it off for the sea battles , as I noticed the cannon flashes are on the wrong side of the ship when this ENB is turned .
    It tends to happen when you Enter the combat phase with ENB turned Off, and by turning it on when the battle phase began. Try turning it on the campaign map then entering the battle, should eliminate the issue.
    Last edited by c.ryo; July 11, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

LaMuerte
    Thank you for feedback.

It tends to happen when you Enter the combat phase with ENB turned Off, and by turning it on when the battle phase began. Try turning it on the campaign map then entering the battle, should eliminate the issue.
    Thanks for this advice.

Default Re: [RELEASED] ENB Series for DMUC

Does this work for DME 8.0.1????

Im going to give this a go tomorrow.

ENB has single-handedly saved Skyrim from being one ugly ass game, so I can't wait to try this.

Out of interest, what version of ENB does this use?
    And what features does it add? Such as MSAA\FXAA, better SSAO, Colour correction, better bloom, better DOF, etc?

zorak
    no you will not see such massive difference, there are screenshots for a reason. You cannot use any version of ENB for all the games, some simply do not support them. This is the case. This uses the Vice City 2.0.1 enb, with my own config and some tweaks.

Hey i used this mod as part of a video i just made so if anyone wants to see it in action there you go.

Uh not sure why that didn't work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPefbAVVdxw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast