Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warhammer 40k Magic Cards (Custom Set)(Update 4/06/12)(More Ork Stuff Added)

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Magic Cards (Custom Set)(Update 20/05/12)

I just updated the Space Marines with some more stuff.
    Art //

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Magic Cards (Custom Set)(Update 20/05/12)

I just added a load of Dark Eldar cards. See the first post.
    Art //

Pantsalot's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Magic Cards (Custom Set)(Update 22/05/12)(Dark Eldar Added)

Interesting that you'd skip to what might be the more complex Dark Eldar, waiting
    for the next codex to come out before doing Chaos? ^^

They're rather well done indeed, though why does the No Mercy spell deal -1/-1 to
    ALL creatures for the turn? You'd imagine such a card would not hinder its user.

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Magic Cards (Custom Set)(Update 22/05/12)(Dark Eldar Added)

Quote Originally Posted by Pantsalot View Post
    Interesting that you'd skip to what might be the more complex Dark Eldar, waiting
    for the next codex to come out before doing Chaos? ^^
    I just wanted to do a non Space Marine faction. I'm not waiting till the next chaos codex comes to do them however. I just want to do some of the other factions first.

They're rather well done indeed, though why does the No Mercy spell deal -1/-1 to
    ALL creatures for the turn? You'd imagine such a card would not hinder its user.
    Cards like that exist. In fact no mercy is just a functional reprint of Shrivel from the Rise of the Eldrazi block:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Still its not much of a drawback for the Dark Eldar. Most of their units are at least 2 toughness. Its to help them against the factions which have an easier time spamming creatures.
    Art //

I just meant in the term, it's suggestive that they're confident in victory
    & the total annihilation of the enemy, don't see how that would be damaging
    to them. Basically why not make it against enemy creatures only & increase
    it's cost a slight bit? (:L

They like inflicting pain on themselves. Thats why I'm not changing it.
    Art //

How about changing the name then? (:/

I don't see any problem with the name. On a side note I added two new cards to the dark eldar just now.
    Art //

"SHOW NO MER.. ow, I appear to have cut myself."

or "SHOW NO MERCY, now excuse me while I go all emo on myself" is
    how I imagine the card playing out literally, when a card has an ability
    then it normally has a name, illustration & possibly a description to give
    an impression on why it has it & I just don't feel such with this card.
    Last edited by Pantsalot; May 24, 2012 at 05:21 PM.

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Magic Cards (Custom Set)(Update 26/05/12)(Dark Eldar Added)

I added six more cards to the dark eldar (Creatures and artefacts). I also changed the name of "No Mercy" to "Inflict Pain". See the first post.
    Art //

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Magic Cards (Custom Set)(Update 26/05/12)(Dark Eldar Added)

Tyah' for the change

With the Liquefier gun then I'm not sure
    tapping should allow damage to be dealt
    since it's just a small arms weapon, or else
    all literally ranged infantry would be deserving
    of that ability (:/

Its a special weapon. And an important one for the Dark Eldar. I wanted it to have some interesting uses. Other small arms weapons won't get that ability because it would be silly. But some of the special and interesting ones may get that ability.
    Art //

I just added some more Space Marine stuff (Tanks and Legion of the Damned most notably). See the first post.
    Art //

Don't think the vindicators rule should be to destroy target creature, that's just
    too universal, what if you start bringing in Tyranid creatures or super heavy tanks
    that are quite resistant to being immediately blown up?

All else is fine, I know nothing of the legion of the damned so can't comment :p

All else is fine, I know nothing of the legion of the damned so can't comment :p
    The Legion of the Damned are so powerful in the card because of how they are represented in the fluff. Tabletop wise they are not much more than more resilient tactical marines, but in the fluff the sudden appearances of the Legion of the Damned have turned the tide of battles as they show up out of nowhere and almost single handedly wipe out whatever was attacking the Imperial forces. Thats why I gave them Lifelink and Flash. They are Indestructible due to the tales of them in the fluff have bullets and blades simply passing through their armour as if they were ghosts.
    Art //

Tyah' for the brief fluff & explanation of them

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Magic Cards (Custom Set)(Update 31/05/12)(Space Marines stuff added)

I just updated the Space Marines with various psyker related stuff.
    Art //

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Magic Cards (Custom Set)(Update 31/05/12)(More Space Marine Stuff Added)

The first Ork cards have been added. Check the first post.
    Last edited by Ulysses S. Grant; June 02, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
    Art //

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Magic Cards (Custom Set)(Update 4/06/12)(More Ork Stuff Added)

More Ork stuff has been added. See the first post.
    Art //

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12