Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crusader Kings 2 (PC)

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2 (PC)

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    Why?
    The amount of battles in a game of Paradox's is many times more than any TW. With a lot more troops.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

3 siege battles per settlement, numerous sieges and battles during a revolt - never mind during a war.

I wouldn't mind a campaign intense like that.

And in Paradox games you're at peace most of the time right? Unlike TW?
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Those "elective monarchy claim" by my vassals really piss me off.

I am Duke of Aquitaine, I own half of France and Tunisia, I have 43 vassals. Every year they want this stupid elective monarchy, I refuse, I have a civil war...This is my 40th civil war in 50 years. Boring...
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

3 siege battles per settlement, numerous sieges and battles during a revolt - never mind during a war.
    The amount of battles in a game of Paradox's is many times more than any TW. With a lot more troops.
    Oh, and you wouldn't be forced to fight the battles in real-time. You could fight them in RT or fight them via the normal system.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

CK2 is a great game but I can nothing but agree upon the tutorial part; I was lucky who began play with an experienced friend. Without his hints I probably would gone crazy on the game due to reasons that once you've learned is good, the options and great complexity. My experience once on my own was that I began with the tutorials and it feelt they tried to unlearn me, causing more confusion over things that I'd already learned haha, by giving vague and limited information about everything.

On grahpics and interface I'm content but the sounds are poor. You just have to turn off the music for 10 min withour any compensation (normally start my iTunes instead) and your realize that the game is very, very silent.

The pace can be annoying as well concerning the options to start war. In my opinion there should be a great penalty in relations to everybody to start a war over territory without a Casus Belli - but if all my vasalls loves me, I disregard or charm/bribe the pope and don't care if foreign rulers dislikes me then I should be allowed to take matters in my own hand. As it is now you can spend far to long time doing "nothing" due to a bad chancellor or bad luck . And this even while I'm not the kind of player who dislikes a 'slow' game nor taking time or I wouldn't appriciate what CK2 are, which I very much do, but simply want the freedom to some nobleman 'screw all of you, here I rule and I can take the consequences'-attitude

Worst though is that you have no goal in the game. This is also a freedom no doubt, that I'm never forced to play any certain way but it also after a few campaigns makes the game less intriguing to go back to.
    To be fair there is a goal, so I'm not just free to roam around but gather points is not that thrilling, to beat the High Score you did back in the days of arcade games after all.
    Now what I would been glad to see was optional, individual goals rewarded with scores, it do not have to be harder; like if playing Scotlands king then try to hold both that and Englands crown for say 100 years and get reward XXXX points. Even if it's just a small reward that would encoruage me to want to go back again and again because I would like to see if I could manage the tasks I've been challeneged with

And isn't all dynasties on the same High Score Table? Also bring down the joy, I mean that starting as a count I should compete with such and dukes in family score as it will take time and effort to get anywhere. I can't compete with the Habsburgs so why rub it in my face? I want to be compaired to fairly equals to see what my dynasty have ackomplished in relation to them.

Beside these considerations it's a splendid game
    Last edited by Ngugi; May 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

A good comment.

As I stated in the review I started out with the small duke of the isles "Crovan" dynasty. When I ended the game I was king of Most of Northern Africa, Sicily and southern Spain, Ireland, Scotland, Denmark, Half of England and Egypt. My brother was king of France and My son and Heir was Emperor of The Holy Roman Empire and Married to the only Heir of Sweden. My Daughter was married to the Byzantine Empire and most of the European map simply read "Crovan"

I quit just before my old King died and I would have been Emperor of the HRE, the reason is that I could not be bothered with the massive rebellions that would have dominated the hundred or so years left. So I quit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123