Thread: [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

Default [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

So as the title says when I´m gonna start a campaign in any mod it ctds and this is what the log shows
    Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.
    ....wtf ????

I got 1.05 m2tw+k totally operative and updated, also my graphic card is updated and it´s a good one a Nvidia Gforce 450 GTS and 4 GB RAM so far enough to run the game perfectly.

Thanks to any who can help me with this issue.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashes and how to fix them

Loading game CTD, with Insufficient video memory error message
    Q: The game starts to load, then CTD and error log says there is 'Insufficient video memory'.

A: This is normally caused when you tell M2TW to look for an image file that doesn't exist. The this is normally due to an error in the descr_model_strat.txt. Ensure that all the image paths (eg models_strat/textures/southern_ambasador_papacy.tga) lead to an image file (.tga) and the spelling is correct.

If both are correct ensure that in every entry the .cas file has its .tga file assigned to one faction (without opening the cas file it's impossible to tell which tga file it needs). If this tga file is not listed in the 'descr_model_strat.txt' entry the mod will crash. For example any entry using the 'late_general_northern.CAS' has to have one faction assigned the 'late_general_england_strat.tga' or the mod will crash.

Below is an example. The 'mesoamerican_king.cas' requires the 'mesoamerican_king_mayans.tga'. The following will produce an 'Insufficient video memory' error because the 'mesoamerican_king_mayans.tga' has not been assigned to the 'mesoamerican_king.cas'.
    Code:
    type                mesoamerican_king
      skeleton            strat_named_with_army
      scale                0.7
      indiv_range            40
      texture                aztecs, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_aztecs.tga
      texture                mayans, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_aztecs.tga
      texture                tlaxcalans, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_tlaxcalans.tga
      texture                tarascans, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_tarascans.tga
      texture                slave, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_aztecs.tga
      model_flexi_m            models_strat/mesoamerican_king.CAS, max
      shadow_model_flexi        models_strat/shadow_sword.CAS, max
    But this one will work because the 'mesoamerican_king_mayans.tga' has been assigned to the 'mesoamerican_king.cas'.
    Code:
    type                mesoamerican_king
      skeleton            strat_named_with_army
      scale                0.7
      indiv_range            40
      texture                aztecs, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_aztecs.tga
      texture                mayans, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_mayans.tga
      texture                tlaxcalans, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_tlaxcalans.tga
      texture                tarascans, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_tarascans.tga
      texture                slave, models_strat/textures/mesoamerican_king_aztecs.tga
      model_flexi_m            models_strat/mesoamerican_king.CAS, max
      shadow_model_flexi        models_strat/shadow_sword.CAS, max

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

It has nothing to do with hardware:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    OK i think i know the solution. Open the .cas file with notepad and at the end you see a file name and it's path something like this
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    4×>”ÉA?J7ã>ë„R?nº÷>œ D?âï>ìÆA?Jê×>”ÉA?J7ã>ûÆA?<„î>”ÉA?J7ã>ÿ?D?4×>ìÆA?Jê×>”ÉA?J7ã>ìÆA?Jê×>ûÆA?<„î>”ÉA?J7ã>ûÆA?<„î>œ D?âï>
    } textures\mtw_northen_european_assassin_denmark.tga €? €? €? €? €? €? €? €? €? €?

Pay attention to the red text.
    So make sure this file exists in the textures folder.
    Then launch the mod and I'm pretty sure u won't get a crash.
    Hope this helps u bro.

already done, thanks!!1

I have very similar problem, but I don't see any errors. Can anyone look for my files ?
    http://www.speedyshare.com/WcTt6/models-strat.rar
    http://www.speedyshare.com/dx8W4/descr-model-strat.rar
    It's important because I create this mod very long and works are advances.

@Tenerife_Boy @Ishan @Aikanár I've problem to run a mod campaign it says: (Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set) I know there's a problem with descr_start_models & textures but they're too many files & I donno how can I fix this problem, if there's a easy way or tool to fix this prob pls let me know, thank u so much mates.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Turn on trace mode logging. The line above the error one will tell you which model it was trying to load when it happened, thus the culprit.