Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Default Re: NTW3|SP Campaign Updates

Really was excited for this mod, installed it on when the v3.4 patch came out and started my new campaign. All was well for awhile but every now and again the campaign crashed, which was odd since I have a fairly good rig. Even after installing fresh the crash still persisted, any fixes so I can re-install? The custom battles are fine, just the SP crashes alot.

"Stand by me, my brave grenadiers!"

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by NEILHEEL View Post
    any fixes so I can re-install? The custom battles are fine, just the SP crashes alot.
    We added improvements to the NTW vanilla campaign map for better game play but without approved modding tools from CA the changes have made the NTW3 SP Campaign v34 mod unstable. We are working on a v35 fix and hope to have it out out shortly.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Mjarr- try these AI settings. Put it in your Napoleon data folder and add the script line at the top of your user script as per instructions on the post. See if you get any better behavior. Worth a try at least. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-s-Campaign-AI

Bran Mac Born it's not really the battle AI but - in case if you have not played NTW3 - cavalry cannot pass through infantry and infantry passing through infantry will break the formation more or less, alongside other pretty realistic implementations of terrain's movement penalties (so no ninjasneaking artillery or cavalry through woodlands w/o roads in battles unless you want to take your time and be audacious) etc etc, which are perfectly fine when playing say NTW3 custom historical battles with human teams or even regular multiplayer custom battles. Unfortunately the AI being AI, it has little understanding to these mechanics and so far based on my experience, unless it's very good terrain and relatively infantry heavy army, all the issues in combination (and the mass being perhaps the worst offender IMHO since terrain penalties work both ways at least) will inevitably clog up something when it comes to cavalry or artillery. Of course there is relatively easy DIY-fix with pack file manager to simply alter unit mass settings and artillery pivot limitations, but since I have not noticed really any similar complaints so far either on TWC or thelordz.org forum I am not exactly sure is it considered real issue, or am I just extraordinarily unlucky.
    Last edited by Mjarr; September 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Mjarr-I understand those mass settings and it does create havok in SP battles as you say. The AI does not know what to do with these settings and is screws up line cohesion and makes blobs. They should have two versions of the mod-one for single player and the other for multiplayer. I any case I believe my settings create a better battle and campaign experience. Works well with 40 unit armies too. I think this is an excellent mod for multiplayer. Well in any case give it a go and see if it is too your liking-it is an aggressive CAI-lots of action and expansion.

I'm not sure if this has been answered yet,or if it is intentional,but i've noticed a possible bug in the SP campaign, on the second turn for any faction i can see the ENTIRE campaign map,and see all the armies and such,i doubt this is intentional,but if it is is there a way to cancel it? it makes endturns VERY long and (IMO) is unrealistic.

Go to the game options panel at the start of the campaign and turn off the see AI moves. We removed the shroud to see what's going on so we can fix some of the problems. We'll put it back on with the patch release.

When can we expect the patch? And what will be included in the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Vitruvius View Post
    When can we expect the patch? And what will be included in the patch?
    I'm working with an earlier startpos file that we play tested earlier after changing out the vanilla units with our custom NTW3 units. I'm finding that the fewer changes & additions that I make to the campaign map the more stable it plays. No one including CA ever developed a map editor for the NTW game, although they did release one for Shogun 2 but its only use able with that game.

I've reworked the buildings so you can now recruit units from the Admin. building up to the Drill School level. To get your Elite & Guard units you'll still have to go to the Military Academy & Staff College. This is probably a more realistic system anyway as the AI would upgrade all the barracks to the Academy & College level in all of the regions over time. The NTW3 SP Campaign game plays well but all of the changes to improve the game play have caused stability issues. I hope to post a test file on the Lordz site in a day or two for players to try out.

Last edited by Lord Davn; October 29, 2013 at 10:35 PM.

How's the patch going?
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Hi
    I'm new to this mod, and have really enjoyed it so far. I was just wondering if there are any plans, to open up for SP campaign games with some of the minor factions, insted of just France and the major coalition forces? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by CrayonVonCaesar View Post
    How's the patch going?
    We've made good progress on fixing the bugs and hope to have a patch out soon. While the NTW3 Campaign game plays very well the random crashes make it impossible to complete a full campaign. We fixed two bad Grenadier units in the Ottoman army that were missed when changing over from v2 to the v3 version (there were 370 custom NTW3 units placed in the map for the start of the campaign game). There was also a bug when the French navy went to blockade the British port at Bristol (due to a small error in the naval data tables), this caused a number of the early crashes and has been corrected.

There is one more issue to fix with the siege battles which comes up later in the campaign as some players have noted. This is again due to some small errors in the data tables with numerous changes we made to improve the game play of the vanilla campaign. The lack of good mooding tools from CA does not allow us to check the file integrity when the changes are saved so they show up in game. They have released some tools to help mod Shogun 2 and we're hoping some of these may be able to help us mod NTW. Right now it seams CA has their hands full trying to fix their new Rome 2 game.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 22, 2015 at 02:08 PM.

Sounds great. Thanks Lord Davn.

When will this update be released? Can't wait to play Denmark in the Campaign Great mod

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_10 View Post
    When will this update be released? Can't wait to play Denmark in the Campaign Great mod
    We're getting close to putting out a mod file to test for the SPC patch. There's more info here on our Lordz website: http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewto...?f=138&t=15051

Thanks for the work guys.

Gustin's Avatar Civis

Greetings All,

I am playing Spain in the Campaign game, under NTW3 v3.4, and it consistently crashes at March 1808.
    I always Save at every turn, so I've gone back several turns, then work my way back.
    Maybe it was a bug in that turn save, and by deleting that file, delete the bug.

It still crashes, every time, at March 1808.

What is going on here, is it an NTW bug, or what is it? Thanks for any help.
    And thanks for a great mod, more dynamic play than other mods, looking forward to the next patch!
    "I will not wish thee riches nor the glow of greatness, but that wherever thou go, some weary heart shall gladden at thy smile, or shadowed life know sunshine for awhile. And so thy path shall be a track of light, like angels' footsteps passing through the night."
    ~~ Words on a church wall in Upwaltham, England

Quote Originally Posted by Gustin View Post
    What is going on here, is it an NTW bug, or what is it? Thanks for any help.
    And thanks for a great mod, more dynamic play than other mods, looking forward to the next patch!
    The NTW3 SP Campaign was heavily modded with a lot of changes to improve the game play, unfortunately this has caused a number of random crashes in the campaign with a number of the playable factions. I apologize for the lengthy time it has taken to get a patch ready but NTW is a difficult game to mod with the limited tools that we have and considering the issues that CA is having with Rome 2 it's and inherent part of their Warscape gaming engine.

We've fixed a number of the issues and have done some upgrades as discussed in this thread on Oct. 25th (above).
    We are currently testing a patch for the SP Campaign and there's more info posted here on our Lordz site: http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewto...?f=138&t=15051
    Last edited by Lord Davn; November 07, 2013 at 10:03 AM.

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    We are currently testing a patch for the SP Campaign and there's more info posted here on our Lordz site: http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewto...?f=138&t=15051
    I got patch 3.1 but I cant find on your Lordz site patch 3.4 which is needed to istall 3.61

Please verify to have already installed:

VERSION 3.0 OF NTW3
    PATCH VERSION 3.1 FOR NTW3
    PATCH VERSION 3.4 FOR NTW3

Can you send me a link pls for patch 3.4

Thx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    I got patch 3.1 but I cant find on your Lordz site patch 3.4 which is needed to install 3.61
    Thx in advance.
    The download are here in our TWC site: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...34-mod-release
    If you have the NTW3 v3.0 version and v3.1 patch installed, just run the v3.4 patch and it will bring all of files up to date.