Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Reffay's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: NTW3 v7.6 SP Campaign Updates

Are my questions incomprehensible ? I ask only 3 on the previous page ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    No DLC's are required, the NTW3 mods use custom units.
    Good to hear that, thanks! I only own the base game and since Winter sale window has already passed, I was reluctant to spend extra $20 on DLCs alone.

What are the reasons for recommending (according to the main post) unchecked CPU moves and battle time limit?

Do AIs move hastily with time limit on, even like with 60 minutes? Does seeing CPU moves affect anything gameplay wise besides its feature?
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 16, 2018 at 10:05 PM.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by highsis View Post
    What are the reasons for recommending (according to the main post) unchecked CPU moves and battle time limit?
    The CPU moves take considerable time and gives the human player an unfair advantage of seeing moves by the AI. Disabling them gives you a more realistic feel for the fog of war (or what's my enemy up to now)

Removing the battle time limit helps with the NTW3 mod (because we've slowed down the pace of battle) which gives you more time to plan tactical moves when playing a drop-in opponent or even the AI in large battles.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 16, 2018 at 10:04 PM.

Good morning Lord Davn
    Firstly congratulations for this great mod to you and your team. I have been trying it the last two weeks and I am very delighted with the new version 7.6, I probably think the best mod for Napoleon in my opinion

I would like to ask you a question, what can I do to enable fire by rank in campaign??
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 18, 2018 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by curro123 View Post
    Good morning Lord Davn
    Firstly congratulations for this great mod to you and your team. I have been trying it the last two weeks and I am very delighted with the new version 7.6, I probably think the best mod for Napoleon in my opinion

I would like to ask you a question, what can I do to enable fire by rank in campaign??
    We disabled the fire by rank because of some problems that it caused with our NTW3 mod battle stats and added the skirmish ability which allows the first and second ranks to fire. This is more historically accurate which is what our NTW3 mods are all about. They typically did not fire from the third ranks because the muzzle blast would often go off in the ears of the first rank soldiers.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Can you tell me how you came to have the pinstripe on the uniform of the French?

Thx

The French 1805 uniforms were done by Lord Full in for the NTW3v5.0 mod release. His emphasis was always for realistic battlefield uniforms not the clean white parade dress.

Hey guys,

is there any way to use the huge costum maps in the campaing? If you play with 40+ units it gets really clogged up really fast otherwise. Would be awesome to be able to play the battles on a huge space as in the MP maps

Is there a way to add the red range indicator from vanilla?

I understand it is realistic but I would like to know if my unit is engaged or not at a quick glance and also figure out how close my units are to the enemy compared to the maximum range. For artillery I have no idea as to how close they should be to get a sufficient accuracy bonus or to be within the canister shot range without range indicators.

I have packfilemanager, but I don't know where I should edit.
    Last edited by highsis; January 22, 2018 at 09:28 AM.

Is there a way to add the red range indicator from vanilla?
    I'll see if we can put something together and send it to you in a few days.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 22, 2018 at 10:25 PM.

I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 22, 2018 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffay View Post
    I saw during siege, enemy troops will get stuck together and form a huge mob?

I saw that the Historical Battle of Albuera is playable in SP and that's awesome.

I saw multiple threads where peoples complain about cavalry, but I find it fine. I'm not sure their endurance is well portrayed, it was normal for cavalry in that time period to charge several times the same formation.
    ~The blob has been an ongoing issue due to the custom units and battle stats, we've been working to minimize the blob problem.

~Albuera should be played through the Historical Battle mod selection on the desktop launcher.

~Cavalry charges were very tiring for both horse & rider and has been discussed at length on our Lordz forum: https://www.thelordz.org/forum/ The NTW3 cavalry stats have varied between useless to dominating over the past several mod releases and the current v7.6 mod is the best compromise that we've come up with.

Reffay's Avatar Laetus

Ok, thank you so much for your answers, and for the Albuera battle, yes it's playable through the HB on the desktop but then, in the preparation of the battle there is the option of "1vs1 Single Player"

Quote Originally Posted by Reffay View Post
    Thank you so much for your answers, and for the Albuera battle it's playable through the HB on the desktop,
    but then in the preparation of the battle there is the option of "1vs1 Single Player"
    HB is best played vs a number of human opponents as the AI is not good with the large scale tactical maneuvers that are required for HB battles. The "1vs1 Single Player" is good for playing against a friend or the AI to help familiarize you with the HB scenario.

Is there a progress on this? I've been holding off NTW waiting for this.

Sorry if I sound impatient; I don't mind waiting more if you are busy. But I would be happy to just know which entry needs editing if it doesn't require something too complicated for me to follow through with.

Is there a progress on this? I've been holding off NTW waiting for this.
    I will add your requested changes to the v7.7 beta mod and post the link for testing. Hope to have it up loaded this evening

I will add your requested changes to the v7.7 beta mod and post the link for testing. Hope to have it up loaded this evening
    Thank you.

I have installed the mod. It is great. However, playing as France some of my units do not have the text for their name and description. I am wondering is this a bug or is it my installation?

Will be release any fix for crashing on start when lauching SP campaing coalition 1805 for versions 7.2, 7.5 and 7.6 ?