Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 1805 Campaign info for players

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: NTW3|SP Campaign Updates

We have started final beta testing on the SP Campaign v31 and will start to prepare the files for release next week. The rebuilt start file have finally provided stable game play for the 23 playable factions and 700+ units that are included in the campaign
    There will be more info posted on the Lordz site when its up and running again. It seams we exceeded our Bandwidth for the second month in a row due to heavy usage
    Last edited by Lord Davn; July 25, 2013 at 09:17 AM.

Campidoctor

Ooooo yay, I'd been holding off on playing another NTW campaign until this was released, wasn't looking good for a while but now I'm more surprised and happy and can't wait! This is gonna be fun as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    Ooooo yay, I'd been holding off on playing another NTW campaign until this was released, wasn't looking good for a while but now I'm more surprised and happy and can't wait! This is gonna be fun as hell.
    We appreciate your patience. The NTW3 SP Campaign has been in development a long time but we are trying to bring a quality game to the NTW community that is worthy of your time. We will start compiling the files next to get it ready for release

Awesome! Can't wait to give it a spin!!

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    We appreciate your patience. The NTW3 SP Campaign has been in development a long time but we are trying to bring a quality game to the NTW community that is worthy of your time. We will start compiling the files next to get it ready for release
    Oh I believe it, hence not playing any other NTW campaigns until this was good and ready. I know it'll be great if for no other reason than the multiplayer element being so top of the line. I'm sure that same attention to detail and realism will transfer to singleplayer and be the best NTW experience offered, for me anyway. However, I will preemptively blame all of you for wasting what will be many hours of my life on conquering a fake Europe of centuries ago. For that, I can not forgive you.

hence not playing any other NTW campaigns until this was good and ready. I know it'll be great if for no other reason than the multiplayer element being so top of the line. I'm sure that same attention to detail and realism will transfer to single player and be the best NTW experience offered, for me anyway.
    The NTW campaign mod that we've been working on for so long now is the Single Player Campaign (SPC) updated with the latest NTW3 v3.1 (and so to be released v3.2) battle mechanics that will give players a realistic experience of the Napoleonic battle field. Commodore Wesley's naval mod which is also included in the SPC v3.1 (& v3.2) will also extend that realism to the naval battles with accurate sailing characteristics for the ships of that time period; (sorry but we have removed the steam powered ships & ironclads from the 1805 mod as they were not available during that time period)

Once the Single Player Campaign is released we plan to work on updating it to work with Multi-Player campaign (with two players) and handle 40+ units on the battlefield

Are there going to be accommodations made (i.e. cheaper upkeep/recruitment costs) to support 40 unit battles?

Is the scale still going to be 1 unit = a battalion, or something different (I asked, 'cause the units in your screen shot looked bigger than the normal NTW3 MP units . . .)

The NTW campaign mod that we've been working on for so long now is the Single Player Campaign (SPC) updated with the latest NTW3 v3.1 (and so to be released v3.2) battle mechanics that will give players a realistic experience of the Napoleonic battle field. Commodore Wesley's naval mod which is also included in the SPC v3.1 (& v3.2) will also extend that realism to the naval battles with accurate sailing characteristics for the ships of that time period; (sorry but we have removed the steam powered ships & ironclads from the 1805 mod as they were not available during that time period)

Once the Single Player Campaign is released we plan to work on updating it to work with Multi-Player campaign (with two players) and handle 40+ units on the battlefield
    Will it be out this week?

"Stand by me, my brave grenadiers!"

We will start working the installer later together this week to update the v3.1 startup screen and load sequence for the NTW3 mods. I will post a release date when we can confirm one

Just working on some finishing touches for the SP Campaign game trying to reduce the Rebel army after you takeover a region. Without the full compliment of buildings that we wanted to install on the campaign map the Rebel AI gives the occupying forces more of a battle than the initial fight and the newly acquired regions become nearly impossible to control.

To make it more realistic we've reduced the rebel units to reflect what you'd expect to face from a defeated army.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; July 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM.

No pre-release stuff? :c

"Stand by me, my brave grenadiers!"

We will start working the installer later together this week to update the v3.1 startup screen and load sequence for the NTW3 mods. I will post a release date when we can confirm one

Just working on some finishing touches for the SP Campaign game trying to reduce the Rebel army after you takeover a region. Without the full compliment of buildings that we wanted to install on the campaign map the Rebel AI gives the occupying forces more of a battle than the initial fight and the newly acquired regions become nearly impossible to control.

To make it more realistic we've reduced the rebel units to reflect what you'd expect to face from a defeated army.
    What was the thought process on upping the rebellious tendencies so much? I know the Prussia and the German states switched sides against Napoleon in the 1812-1813 time frame, but outside of the Iberian peninsula and Ireland it had been my impression civil uprisings were rather rare during the Napoleonic wars, once the French Revolution itself was concluded and settled. Most of the small states and annexed areas simply gave up after their bigger allies and protectors were knocked out of the war. Am I mistaken in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitstexan View Post
    What was the thought process on upping the rebellious tendencies so much? Most of the small states and annexed areas simply gave up after their bigger allies and protectors were knocked out of the war. Am I mistaken in that?
    The rebellion tendencies have been coded into the campaign game by CA and are not (for the most part) a historical representation of what typically happened after a region was taken over by a major faction. Last January we tested a modified campaign map that added a full set of buildings for all of the minor factions. The Admin. & Culture buildings that were added to the regions helped control the unrest when you took it over. These added building slots however produced an unstable campaign game so we had to go back to the original campaign map and rebuild the startpos files.

The game play is now very stable (using the original map) and we've added some features to the single barracks buildings that are found in the the other buildings. The Barracks (& subsequent upgrades) will now be able to do some of the functions the Admin. build performs and you will also be able to recruit artillery units out of the Barracks to make up for the lack of a canon foundry. We've also given garrison abilities to the General, Dragoon, Conscript & Militia units to help keep the peace in your newly conquered region. This is the best solution we could come up with until CA provides editing tools for the NTW campaign map like they did for Shogun 2.

Last edited by Lord Davn; July 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM.

Putting the finishing touches on the SP Campaign mod, run some final tests & then off to the workshop to compile the files for release
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 22, 2015 at 02:02 PM.

Splendid.

A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

This looks like a splendid mod. I"m going to wait for the SPC release before I download it.
    Have a Great Day! I Love You! You're doing Great! Keep up the good Work! You're the Best!

New Rome 2:Total War - Raise Shield DLC and Arrows on Shields add-on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by terryn View Post
    This looks like a splendid mod. I"m going to wait for the SPC release before I download it.
    I'd suggest that you download the current NTW3 v3.1 mod, install and play some of the MP battles.

This will familiarize you with the many custom units that are available with our mod.
    You might even like to try an online MP battle with other players to sharpen your skills

I'd suggest that you download the current NTW3 v3.1 mod, install and play some of the MP battles.

This will familiarize you with the many custom units that are available with our mod.
    You might even like to try an online MP battle with other players to sharpen your skills

Convincing... You should try selling used cars.
    Have a Great Day! I Love You! You're doing Great! Keep up the good Work! You're the Best!

New Rome 2:Total War - Raise Shield DLC and Arrows on Shields add-on!!!

Campidoctor

So is the tech tree revision faction-specific, or are there just certain techs that were basically removed all together?

So is the tech tree revision faction-specific, or are there just certain techs that were basically removed all together?
    The tech tree was revised to make it as faction specific as possible; the British were the only ones to use rockets on the battlefield during this time period so only they can research & use them. There are also several factions which can research "Colonial funding" to increase their income through trade (Britain, France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark & Batavian Republic (Dutch).

Campidoctor

I'm always torn about these sorts of limitations on gameplay. On the one hand, I appreciate the dedication to historical authenticity and realism to a degree, but on the other I feel it takes away from the "alternate history" angle of playing these kinds of games by restricting the ability to do so. Ultimately it's up to the modders to decide which direction they want to go, so I'll just go with whatever is given and still enjoy everything I'm sure.