Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

Default Re: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

Haha thanks I feel so stunned lol I was looking for the .bat to be written there lol. Also I just followed all the steps but when I start the game it opens METW2 and then crashes. I don't know why though.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods):

Then there must be something wrong in your bat. Are you sure the path is correctly and you saved the bat file correctly? Vista and windows 7 might give trouble saving the bat and cfg files.

I just checked and they are saved exactly as is shown in the steps.

Any help with the would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by StealthFox; May 15, 2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Double Post

How do you reinstall?

Quote Originally Posted by Xyloto View Post
    How do you reinstall?
    If u want to remove specific submod( if u have more than one) then u have to delete the folder containing that submod, for example: u have Third_Age_MOS and Third_Age_BaroneSamedi separate folders, and want to remove MOS, then delete that folder Third_Age_MOS. And then install fresh TATW vanilla( it has its own folder Third_age_3, be sure to have correct install path and if some of your current folders with a submod already installed has same name as Third_age_3, then rename it, that way your fresh TATW installation won`t end up there). And my suggestion is, after u make that fresh TATW installation, copy/paste that Third_age_3 folder to some other place which u have space for it( to D: or other) and rename it to Third_Age_3 Backup Vanilla or something. Next time just copy/paste this backup to MTW2/mods and put in another submod in it ( just remember to RENAME it back to Third_Age_3 instead of Third_Age_3 Backup Vanilla so that the submod installer can install to correct folder path).
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Why would anyone remove MOS?

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Why would anyone remove MOS?
    That was just for example of removing one of multiple submods installed, if I remove MOS from my PC, it would be removed this way:.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Ha ha ha, yes, I know, I was trying to indirectly praise MOS, like you

I think there is a simpler way of doing this, it is just like the introduction steam users use to install the TATW mod(which you can find here: //www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=500418). You would just rename TATW with the submod to one of the four campaigns and use the Kingdoms launcher to start the mod.

Please correct me if I am being ridiculous.

Hi, I'm kind of having the same problem that Roujheh ran in to. I followed the steps and made sure it saved, but it still does exactly what happened to him - it tries to run Medieval II and instacrashes. Any help would be appreciated!

*EDIT*
    Actually I think I halfway solved it - the names of the folders need to match the edits done to the bat and cfg files. Like if you edited the bat and cfg to say "Third_Age_3_Reloaded" then the mod's folder has to have the same name.
    However, though Third Age started this time instead of Medieval II, the game still crashed before it could load - though without any error messages, which is odd.
    Last edited by Ethereal Lancer 916; November 29, 2012 at 12:47 AM.

After editing folder name, .cfg and .bat file (have to contain that edited folder's name!)
    did you make a shortcut of that edited .bat file on desktop and use it instead vanilla TATW shortcut?

Indeed I did, and I even tried launching through the edited .bat file directly. I'm trying to use the Additional Units Mod by Agostinos, the Call to Arms mod by Curufin, and the Gondor Militia Upgraded mod by GeMiNi][SaNDy. I installed them into separate installs of a clean Third Age of course, but none of them are working.

What happens when you start these mods through those edited .bat files? Do you get to TATW menu or don`t even get to loading TATW screen?

The Third Age loading screen shows for all of 2 seconds before it just shuts off. No error message or anything. It just... stops and goes back to the desktop.

Can you copy\paste the text from one of edited .bat and .cfg files here, and also the name of the folder of the ones you provide the text from?

Folder : Third_Age_3_Call_to_Arms
    .bat file
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age_3_Call_to_Arms\TATW.cfg

.cfg file
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [features]
    editor = true
    mod = mods/Third_Age_3_Call_to_Arms

[io]
    file_first = true

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    ;level = * trace
    level = * error

[video]
    ;windowed = true
    ;movies = false
    show_banners = 0

[misc]
    show_hud_date = true
    ;bypass_sprite_script = 1
    ;rebuild_geography_db = true

[game]
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1
    no_campaign_battle_time_limit = 0
    unit_size = huge
    advisor_verbosity = 0
    ;event_cutscenes = 0

[multiplayer]
    ## comment/uncomment following line to disable/enable hotseat campaign
    # playable = true
    ## faction mask for setting default starting factions in hotseat campaign
    # factions = 1 # = england, 2 = france, 4 = hre, 3 = england+france, etc

[hotseat]
    ## disable start turn scroll in hotseat campaign
    # scroll = false
    ## disable forced separate human faction turns (including diplomacy) in hotseat campaign
    # turns = false
    ## enable cheat console in hotseat campaign.
    # disable_console = false
    ## specify password for administrator access to the dev console when console disabled. Change 'password' to a suitable password
    # admin_password = password
    ## enable camera updates during ai turn in hotseat campaign
    # update_ai_camera = true
    ## enable voting in papal elections in hotseat campaign (only first valid human faction votes)
    # disable_papal_elections = false
    ## disable forced autoresolve all battles in hotseat campaign
    # autoresolve_battles = false
    ## disable diplomacy validation for incoming propositions
    # validate_diplomacy = false
    ## disable forced relevant hotseat options to be saved with game.
    save_prefs = true
    ## autosave hotseat game at start of players turn
    # autosave = true
    ## save config file in save dir containing information about next players turn
    save_config = true
    ## close medieval II directly after a hotseat autosave
    # close_after_save = true
    ## sub directory name for hotseat save games
    # gamename = hotseat_gamename
    ## ensure game data files used in previous save match current campaign data files.
    # validate_data = true
    ## prevent game to load if savegame or data validations fail
    # allow_validation_failures = false

[misc]
    ## specify the name of the save game to automatically load when Medieval II is launched
    # bypass_to_strategy_save = game_name.sav

The others are the same, just with "_AUM" and "_Gondor_Militia_Upgraded" in place of "_Call_to_Arms"

Hm, that looks OK. One more question, have you changed the name of the folder Third_Age_3 to Third_Age_3_Call_to_Arms BEFORE installing this submod into it, and same for the installation of other submods?

Indeed I did. . . I think. I honestly don't remember at this point. I should probably try re-installing them ...again... , just to be sure.

*EDIT*
    Getting all of the copies of Third Age vanilla that I need is going to take a bit. Feel free to ignore me for an hour or so, depending on how long the professer drags on class today (starts in twenty minutes and I doubt it'll be ready by then)
    Last edited by Ethereal Lancer 916; November 29, 2012 at 01:40 PM.

Well, maybe that`s the best option

And my suggestion is, after u make that fresh TATW installation( be sure to manually delete Third_Age_3 folder in M2TW\mods BEFORE reinstalling TATW), copy/paste that FRESH Third_Age_3 folder to some other place which u have space for it ( to D: or other drive) and rename it to Third_Age_3 Backup Vanilla or something.

Next time just copy/paste this backup TATW folder to MTW2\mods and put in another submod in it ( just remember to RENAME it to Third_Age_3_NAME OF SUBMOD before installing that submod), and browse the Installer to that Third_Age_3_NAME OF SUBMOD folder.

After that edit the .cfg and .bat files.

The big thing is that my current Third Age vanilla IS a fresh one, so I'm not keen on replacing it again. Good thing I decided to keep the original and make copies of it for sub-modding, otherwise I'd be quite out of luck. Anyway, class is in 8 minutes so I'll be back later to report on if the next measures taken work or not.

*EDIT*
    Completely re-installed all three of the submods and they still refuse to work. The only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling Third Age itself, but that shouldn't be an issue because it's a clean copy and wouldn't change anything. Are there any other suggestions? Because I'm about ready to call it quits.
    Last edited by Ethereal Lancer 916; November 29, 2012 at 02:46 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast