Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Various Unit Cards Mod - Large update 17/4 2017

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Various Unit Cards Minimod - Small Gondor Remake

Nice unit cards! Are you planning to add some into MOS Mike? (Some new High Elf cards would look great)

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

MOS uses most already

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Ok didn't see the High Elven ones, I looked under the older versions in the opening post is that from this mod or an older TATW?

Artifex

Default Re: Various Unit Cards Minimod - Harad Added

Harad is added! I have listened to earlier criticism, or at least my own whims, and made the cavalry cards more focused on the mounts as in the new Gondor cards. As you can see, I have also been very instructive by making all the archers have red hoods and the spearwielders have black ones.Bow to my educational prowess...not.

The missile troops are Little Red Riding Hoods, and as such they must take care to avoid the big bad Warg or be eaten. So, after this excellent piece of wisdom, you will all remember to keep the Haradrim archers out of harms way.

I've never played Harad until now actually, which is rather strange since they have so many fun and interesting units. It's probably because they have been labeled as ultra-easy so many times...but one can always attack Mordor at the appropriate juncture in the fullness of time...
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

Nice work!

These are pretty awesome!

Any chance you might be interested in doing dome for my new Dunlending units?

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Nice, Maltacus. Thanks!

I am using an older version in my campaign and they're sweet. However, I find that some of the Mordor ones (others too perhaps) make it hard to read the unit size when the number overlaps the dark unit behind it. Not a huge problem but I do find myself staring at pre-battle enemy units trying to figure out exactly what I'm up against.

Artifex

@Radzeer

@Spice Master
    Since I am playing with FRoME I have no shortage of Dunlendings in my campaigns, hehe, but I'll take a look at it.

EDIT: Wait a second, you included chariots in your mod?! I've got to have a look at this!

@Withwnar
    I know! I don't have a good answer for that. Maybe all the infantry can move to the side in their cards or perhaps they should move down?

This must be especially nasty if anyone ever encounter the bug with enemy units becoming larger than the game allows, inevitably crashing all battles they join, which is most irritating. I hope it's not something that has lingered in later versions of TA.
    Last edited by Maltacus; December 12, 2012 at 06:50 AM.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).

Quote Originally Posted by Maltacus View Post
    Maybe all the infantry can move to the side in their cards or perhaps they should move down?
    Most of them are fine so it would be a shame to move the problems ones down; that would give them an inconsistent look. To the side is what I was thinking. Whether that's possible without making them look oddly off-center is the question. Maybe try to use a pose that avoids that area as much as possible?

Very good job on Harad! The Corsair ship is beautiful.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; December 12, 2012 at 10:39 PM.

Artifex

@Withwnar
    For big armies, I think moving the cards to the side would be less of an issue since the space between them remains the same but with individual or small groups it would look odd. The biggest problem with poses for the cards right side is as I see it that you mainly show the units side, making them very thin, or back since they are right-handed, making the card boring since most details are at their fronts. Obviously this will work for some units but not others. Will have to think more about this.

A drastic solution could be to include a small white "sign" where the numbers appear but that will certainly interfere with the rest of the picture.

@MIKE GOLF
    Ehm, that one is not mine actually. I just failed to spot it when copying the folder. I thought it was a vanilla TA card but apparently not. Maybe it's part of FRoME?

In any case, thanks.

Yeah, options are limited in this. It isn't a huge problem.

Artifex

Default Re: Various Unit Cards Minimod - Silvan Elves Added

"The [insert non-elf race here] breathe so loud we could have shot him in the dark!"

Silvan elves are posted. I am not so satisfied with them but when I get the wood elf factions in my mod sorted out and playable I will probably add some better versions of most units. Still, there's only so much you can from screenshots with their lowly units since they have such little detail.

HappyCamper's Avatar Foederatus

I think they actually look pretty neat! It's already alot better then Vanilla! (sorry tatw team, but you will have to agree )

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

I really really hope that mod will turn vanilla next patch. If there is a new patch planned... maybe never...

Artifex

I dare not mess too much with the large opening post when the forum is as buggy and unstable as it is right now so Dwarves of Erebor goes here. They are the moors. Quite fitting. The light skirmishing cavalry and lightly armoured spearmen faction before all others (or would have been if they were made correctly) playing the heaviest and least riding of them all...

Installation is the same as with the others - just download the attachment to this post.

Miners, Crossbowmen, Axe Throwers, Axemen, Vault Wardens, Halberdiers, Warriors, Noblemen, Axemen of Erebor, Khazad Guard, Iron Guard, Insolent Scum (=Dragonslayers), Ballista, Catapult, Dale Cavalry.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Maltacus; April 25, 2013 at 12:56 AM.

Default Re: Various Unit Cards Minimod - Dwarves of Erebor Added

Hello-

I can't seem to find the link to these files. Could someone please direct me? Thank you?

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

Hi Toshach,

I've re-uploaded the files to MEGA (some people are having trouble downloading the TWC attached files at the moment):

Old Version
    New Version

Cheers!

Gottem! Thanks Mank

I really love your cards, I always use them when I play this game.
    I know that the last release was at Aprile, some months ago, but in the future I would like to see your UI Cards even for Rohan!

Is there some hope for a future release?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast