Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch 3 Bugs and Issues Thread

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 2a Bugs and Issues Thread

Hm. Are you sure that it wasn't caused by raising the taxes to a level above 'low'? When you do so, a FM will lose his 'governor' trait, which would explain a dramatic loss of PO.
    Yeah, I had got that figured out, but just changing garrison seems to have the same effect.

Would changing taxes up then back down before ending turn still end the 'governor' trait?

I'll pay closer attention and try and figure out if more is going on. I wasn't really worried until my 180% to 40% came out of the blue.

The completing gov. building leading to 'between turns' unrest is real though. It's been around for a while, and it is not a big problem except when you have an unrepairable building which gets damaged or the governor is killed. That is a pain.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

I never really noticed this, is just while playing as the Romans or with all factions (the after-gov construction unrest)?

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

I never really noticed this, is just while playing as the Romans or with all factions (the after-gov construction unrest)?
    Really? I think it has been around since FOE. I think more than just Romans, but I can't say for sure, I'd have to test.

I have had it happen many dozens of times. The settlement can be green at End-turn and Green at New-Turn, but 'inbetween-turns' it can riot. It only happens though when you complete a new gov. building, usually one of the more advanced ones and usually where there is a different culture. All gov. buildings PO bonuses must temporarily disappear at some point.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

It could be that I blamed my oppressive tax policy, now that you mention it I do have some riots now and then. I'll pay close attention to any settlements where a new gov is completed, Muizer should have a look into both of these issues.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Does the in between turns unrest have any effect, or is it just the indicator turning red during the AI's turn?
    Thing is, if the govt buildings really were considered gone, the unrest would never recover at the start of the next turn.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Probably this coud not be concidered bug but I could not find better place to mention it and do not want to spam new threat in the forum for that.

I think that buildng called "Land of the Oscans" sholuld be undestructable because it brings no visible advantages to the player only have negative effect on pubic order. Zhan the player is obviusly tempted to destroy the building to get at least some Drachmas from it.

Other thing, besides Greeks there are Illyrian, Thracian, Celtic and Getai mercaneries in Laconia. Is this intentional? I am quite OK with Celts and Thracians but Illyrians and Getai so far south?

EDIT: Getai Slingers have the size of the archers unit (80 on large instead of 40 which have other slinger units)
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; March 31, 2012 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurits View Post
    Did you install our latest patch (2a) and the hotfix?
    Ah, there we go. I had the patch but overlooked the hotfix.

I still had CTD, but it's definitely playable now.

Thanks

Hi all. First of all top work on the mod. I have been a RTR fan from the start. I have really enjoyed what I have managed to play so far. However, I am experiencing some issues with the current RTRVIII. I am unable to load a saved game. Each time attempt to load a game, the programme stops and I return to windows. I have downloaded the latest patch and have experienced the same issues. I am using BI gold edition. I did not experience this issue with FOE or IC. Can anyone help.

Thanks,

C

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

First of all, welcome to the RTR forums at TWC!

Are you experiencing those CTD's when launching the mod and trying to load a game from the main menu? If so, it must be an installation issue.

Hi Maurits,
    Thanks for the reply and the welcome! I have not experienced the CTD when I launch the game, it seems only to effect the game when I attempt to reload a campaign I have been playing. On some occasions I can get maybe 1 or 2 reloads. However, since installing the patch I have not been able to load any saved games. I have not experienced any CTDs in the campaign map or the battle map.

In terms of the installation process, the only thing that comes to mind is that Rome is in a "creative assembly" folder rather than "total war".

I have used two mirrors to download the mod, but no difference.

Any help would be grand.

Again, thanks for the cracking mod!

C

great that you managed to make the patch but when i tried playing a campaign i could not end turn and i closed it down and it came up with a message saying i had a background script error i and the campaign did load up but before it kept crashing custom battles work fine but it then started crashing any ideas?

from what ive played so far its good. but ive only ever been on the strategy map because everytime i play a battle, the game flips out and crashes and doesnt even give an error message. my guess is a graphical glitch and the game cant handle it so it crashes. apart from the the only glitch ive found so far it seems pretty solid

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

For all three of you: did you install both the Patch and the Hotfix?

If not, that would explain it. If so, it will most certainly have to be an installation issue since my personal copy of RTR VII works fine at the moment. We'll soon release a new patch containing both the old patch and the hotfix as well as some new bug fixes to make things easier, but for now you'll have to manage with two downloads

Maurits, yes i have downloaded the hotfix and the patch. but i look forward to you new patch because the strategy map alone is great. hopefully the new patch will fix my problem, then i can conquer everyone in the name of rome.

also quick note, is it me or does it take long a really long time to load the game up. takes 10 minutes for it to get off the RTRVII start up screen (the one with a guy sticking a spear through someone)

yes i did add the second hotfix but im still having problems although i noticed that it doesnt crash much if i run the mod as administator since its my pc

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

It still isn't right that you can't play battles, though. Did you try running it with the lowest graphical settings? Since the loading times are very long it might be caused by having a very old pc...

I'd advise to reinstall in order to try if that solves the problem. If not, we'll have to look further.

yeah its a pretty rubbish pc i got. and yes im running low graphics. havent reinstalled it but ill give it a try and let you know what happens

Knights excellent mod but I have a problem when I go to save or load did not appear in the menu agradecedia them much if I can help with this problem, by the way the campaign is to Rome.

When I run my anti virus program it wipes out the RTR shortcut. That's the first time I've had that problem in any game. Has anyone else experienced that?

Comments? Suggestions?

I disable the antivirus when downloading the file and it worked if you want to try it as I do.