Thread: RTR VII Issues.

Icon4 RTR VII Issues.

I installed the mod today and everything was working fine up until i tried to launch the game from it's launcher. Whenever i did it gave me a message saying "You don't have the 1.6 version of Barbarian Invasion installed" But this cannot be true because i updated all my games through steam ;/. Besides i can't even find a download link for the "1.6 version". Can someone please help? I am using the Rome total war Steam Version on windows 10.

Default Re: RTR VII Issues.

Same over here..

Sorry for the late response, but did you follow the installation steps explained in the main thread? There are separate steps for those who have the steam version of Rome Total War.
    As stated in the installation guide thread here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...allation-Guide , if you have the steam version of the game you should follow these steps:

1. Run the RTR VII installer like normal, changing the install path to xxxx/steam/steamapps/common/rome total war gold
    2. Ignore the launcher and short-cut prompts, they won't work
    3. Open Steam, right-click on Rome: Total War Gold in the My Games menu
    4. Select Properties
    5. Under the General tab select Set launch options ...
    6. Type in -mod:RTRVII -show_err -nm without quotations and click OK
    7. Launch Rome: Total War Gold by double-clicking it in the My Games menu
    8. Select Barbarian Invasion from the two-choice list and Launch.

Hopefully this solves your problems!
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

I followed the above directions and I am not getting the program to use your mod files!!!! When I get to main screen & select single new game, there's a new selection for imperium game, a second screen
    to select campaign again and then next screen select faction AND only the three original roman factions are available. Is this right??? Seems like vanilla!!! Also should I just delete the launcher??? I am a little
    frustrated that this is 2nd mod from this site I have tried to get to work with no-go. Today almost 4 hrs. now.

MS

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Sabatini View Post
    I followed the above directions and I am not getting the program to use your mod files!!!! When I get to main screen & select single new game, there's a new selection for imperium game, a second screen
    to select campaign again and then next screen select faction AND only the three original roman factions are available. Is this right??? Seems like vanilla!!! Also should I just delete the launcher??? I am a little
    frustrated that this is 2nd mod from this site I have tried to get to work with no-go. Today almost 4 hrs. now.

MS
    Are you sure you are installing the mod onto an unmodded vanilla? RTRVII is modfoldered and it won't interfere with the base vanilla game on itself, but there are mods that overwrite vanilla files and thus conflict with other mods. Please try deleting everything in your game directory and reinstalling your base game and then installing RTRVII and see if it's working. Let us know if this helped! (If you have any save games I suggest backing them up before deleting and reinstalling everything)
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.

I think he has the same problem I do.
    steam auto patches BI to 1.61, or at least mine is when I bought RTW Gold edition.
    So theres no way to rollback the patch to 1.60 so theres no way to get RTR 7 to work for us steam users anymore.

You can still play it on steam, just make a shortcut of the BI exe file and in the target line add "-nm -show_err -mod:RTRVII" without the quotation marks and run it via the shortcut, thus bypassing the launcher and it works fine

Hello fellows,

I recently installed RTR VII once again,on Windows 10, and I'm getting a graphical glitch in the battle map.Trees on the distance appear as white rectangulars/pixels which interferes with visibility as you can imagine.
    I tried toying a bit with video settings but to no avail.Also my loading screens have a white square right in the middle of the screen (and a white bar where the quote should be -I think that was part of a ctd fix though-). After a few seconds the screen turns black or white until loading is finished.The game runs smoothly otherwise.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by civilzadedkille View Post
    Hello fellows,

I recently installed RTR VII once again,on Windows 10, and I'm getting a graphical glitch in the battle map.Trees on the distance appear as white rectangulars/pixels which interferes with visibility as you can imagine.
    I tried toying a bit with video settings but to no avail.Also my loading screens have a white square right in the middle of the screen (and a white bar where the quote should be -I think that was part of a ctd fix though-). After a few seconds the screen turns black or white until loading is finished.The game runs smoothly otherwise.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hello! That may be an installation issue, so I'd suggest reinstalling the game and the mod, and if the error persists, then we can try some other possible fixes

Christianus's Avatar Miles

I installed the game onto steam with the above instructions, and working fine. However, I have a couple more of the RTR mods.
    As they are all good, I want to have both RTRVII on the RTW-Alex engine, and RTRVI on the original RomeTW engine.
    The reason for this is that the steam package-downloads only has one package With RTW-Alex, and another one with RTW-BI. So in all I have two RTW games.

To the cause:

Is It possible to make a sortcut in steam (I know how to make shortcuts) to play RTRVII on RTW-BI engine (from that shortcut). Because there is a second option when you chose to play the game in Steam, a shortcut only brings on the game from the original "RomeTW" engine.

or

Is it possible to run RTRVII on the original RomeTW engine instead of RomeTW-BI engine?

Best regards
    Christianus
    Last edited by Christianus; October 14, 2017 at 02:00 PM.
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος