Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions and Feedback

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Suggestions and Feedback

Well, you can always stomp and use Hawk Talon bolt throwers.
    These siege machines can beat hydras and chaos spawn easily, and they will do the day with the bodyguards, but you will be in troubles if you try to fight the chracian leader in the walls

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwen View Post
    Well, you can always stomp and use Hawk Talon bolt throwers.
    These siege machines can beat hydras and chaos spawn easily, and they will do the day with the bodyguards, but you will be in troubles if you try to fight the chracian leader in the walls
    Bah, I'll sacrifice them for the glory of Malekith.

Thanks for the hint, I'll use them next time.

Question/Suggestion: How about giving Saphery the ability to build ships? It'd make it far less dangerous to travel up and down the coast with Cultists and Chaos lurking everywhere.

saphery can build ships... Hoeth's port can allow you to recruit one since turn 1

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Uhm, I'm pretty positive that I can't. Just checked again.

I have collected some small suggestions from my time playing the mod: (they are small things, the overall game works very well )

First of all, my priest of Asuryan got promoted to cardinal, perhaps this trait could be changed to something more appropriate like: high priest of asuryan

When the fog of war obscures settlements, it shows them with the banner of a m2tw faction instead of the banner of the sundering-faction

The merchants guild has a name/description in spanish.

During the winter, there is snow in everspring :p( just seems a little weird, I would have figured it to be spring there )

As said before, the ships movement might benefit from a little boost.

hoi hoi dudes.

first of all, the mod is really awesome, and thats from someone who never have had anything to do with the warhammer universe before ^^

but i got a nasty problem. everytime i am trying to command a campaignbattle, the game crashes, saying something about a "fatal graphic error, and that my graphics settings might be to high".
    well, i tried it also with lower settings, but it didnt helped. i also activated "shaderversion 1" and disabled all shadow options, like Kolwen suggested on moddb.com, without success.

normaly i play this game on highest settings, without any problems. custom battles work just fine (also on highest settings)

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by General_Motors View Post
    hoi hoi dudes.

first of all, the mod is really awesome, and thats from someone who never have had anything to do with the warhammer universe before ^^

but i got a nasty problem. everytime i am trying to command a campaignbattle, the game crashes, saying something about a "fatal graphic error, and that my graphics settings might be to high".
    well, i tried it also with lower settings, but it didnt helped. i also activated "shaderversion 1" and disabled all shadow options, like Kolwen suggested on moddb.com, without success.

normaly i play this game on highest settings, without any problems. custom battles work just fine (also on highest settings)
    Hello General_Motors.
    Thanks for posting your log here. I will make you some questions since I can't see anything wrong on the log.

• I see that you are using Steam, isn't it? Have you ever played other mods in steam?
    • Do you have the Kingdoms expansion with the patch 1.5?
    • What faction were you playing and what units had in your army when crashed?
    • Is this crash happening with all the factions in campaign?

yes i am using steam, and i have the third age mod... which is funny that you mentioned it, because i get the intro, and the cursor-symbol from the third age mod, while i am playing the sundering...
    yes i have kingdoms, and since it should be updated by steam, it should be 1.5
    i played the campaign as Avelorn, Chrace and Nagarythe so far. it happend with all of them
    i cant really say what kind of units i had. but i played many custom battles, and tried almost every unit, so i dont think, that there is any problem with the units.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by General_Motors View Post
    yes i am using steam, and i have the third age mod... which is funny that you mentioned it, because i get the intro, and the cursor-symbol from the third age mod, while i am playing the sundering...
    yes i have kingdoms, and since it should be updated by steam, it should be 1.5
    i played the campaign as Avelorn, Chrace and Nagarythe so far. it happend with all of them
    i cant really say what kind of units i had. but i played many custom battles, and tried almost every unit, so i dont think, that there is any problem with the units.
    In my opinion here you have the error. The stuff form other mods should never be displayed in our mod.
    That can only mean a corrupted vanilla M2TW installation
    Would it be too much issue to reinstalling the game?

I did a test: One unit of Sorceresses vs one unit of Tor Caled Dragon Guards, just to see how they'd fare against those evil Naggarythe creatures. (And I gave myself a unit of Dragon, because I love them ).

I was surprised to see my Dragon Guards faring so well against the Sorceresses. Once they got to them, they slaughtered them without any greater effort, while losing 30+ on their way to them, which is not much, IMHO.

Question on Anar (yes, again): Is it possible that you make Anar available for the next version/patch? Despite you saying that they should vanish, they're doing very well in my campaigns.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

about conversion: playing as naggarythe, it seems increasing percentage of pleasure cult increases religious unrest, which will then drop once PC reaches 100%, is that correct?

Attachment 216382

if so, i think the margin should be a bit lower, so that a simple or two-third majority of your religion should be enough to restore order when playing naggarythe. atm, its a bit extreme, considering that the followers of assuryan are hardly as troublesome as cultists.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    about conversion: playing as naggarythe, it seems increasing percentage of pleasure cult increases religious unrest, which will then drop once PC reaches 100%, is that correct?

Attachment 216382

if so, i think the margin should be a bit lower, so that a simple or two-third majority of your religion should be enough to restore order when playing naggarythe. atm, its a bit extreme, considering that the followers of assuryan are hardly as troublesome as cultists.

we are aware of theses situations and be sure we ll take care of it in next patch. unrest is good but needs to be balanced with a good way to handle it for the player. thx for feedback.

about Anars, we will talk about it later with Kolwen but nothing is sure

Hi and thx for this awesome mod! I have a problem with its installing. It gives me error when i have to choose a disk. And this is the error: The file "TheSundering.1-1.bin" could not be located in... Plz help ASAP i want to play this soooo badly!

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by BearTree3 View Post
    Hi and thx for this awesome mod! I have a problem with its installing. It gives me error when i have to choose a disk. And this is the error: The file "TheSundering.1-1.bin" could not be located in... Plz help ASAP i want to play this soooo badly!
    You probably have a file named "TheSundering-1.bin, rename it to "TheSundering.1-1.bin"
    We don't know why Moddb renamed our files
    Regards!

Thx very much!!! And btw how soon will the patch come out?(its not like im rushing it :| but I wanna know do you need help of finding bugs or crashes)

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

We will take care of all the feedbacks and then we will think on the release date of the first patch. I can't tell you a date however

don't worry we have no ctd in our campaign

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    don't worry we have no ctd in our campaign
    Well, at least not a lot hahah

I started five different campaigns (Naggarythe, Caledor, Saphery, Chrace and Averlorn) and played neither one less then sixty turns. No CTD as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamo View Post
    I started five different campaigns (Naggarythe, Caledor, Saphery, Chrace and Averlorn) and played neither one less then sixty turns. No CTD as of yet.

take that in your face Kolwen! ha!