Thread: "Who am I?" M2TW version (closed)

Tiro
    in a plane flying lightspeed from hotseat world to hotseat world
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: "Who am I?" M2TW version

scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Skald View Post
    Going with France and you conquer London the next turn...
    A very clever answer. The settlement I captured was Dublin, but I was indeed France and an amphibious assault would have given away my faction. It was a very conservative campaign, focusing on strengthening my eonomy, with almost no recruiting at all. I was really careful diplomatically, maintaining peaceful relations with every neighbor faction, apart from England. I captured their region in France, after a costly battle in snowy Normandy and then launched an amphibious campaign of hit and run, trying to save my scottish allies from being overrun. Ireland worked as a financial base, that helped me gradually conquer southern Britain, while my Venetian allies captured northern England (the last English settlement in western Norway was captured by a scottish horde, eliminating the english faction.
    Scandinavia
    Norway became a global superpower, achieving the first heroic victory battlemark in Netherlands. However, they were overextended and they lost most of their empire from the Scots (from whom I bought Metz and Anthwerp), HRE and the Danes. Danemark tried to replace Norway, but when they were about to completely eliminate them, they were backstabbed by HRE and Novgorod. Since then, Scandinavia has been a continuous bloodbath, between all those aforementioned factions, without any territoral changes at all.
    Iberia
    The coalition of the christian powers (Aragon, Leon, Portugal, Sicily) quickly crushed the Moors, making them the first faction to be eliminated. Then Leon attacked the Sicilians, capturing Tunis and leaving them only with Libya, but that forced the Pope to excommunicate them. I took the chance to declare a crusade against Salamanca, which led Portugal and Aragon into betraying their former allies. Then chaos followed: The entire Leonese empire collapsed in a few turns, with Aragon conquering the majority of the provinces and immediately attacking Portugal, whose destruction soon followed. Then, despite our friendly relations, after I bought southern France from them, they attacked me, but I was prepared, having stationed three armies in the Purenees. What followed was one of the most enjoyable TW campaigns I ever played, managing to kill appr. 30,000 Aragonese and capture half of Iberia, until I had to sign a cease fire. Then I attacked again, conquering the defenseless western Iberia (I had built a fort in Gibraltar, cutting down the Aragonese communications) and capturing after a series of bloody battles the western Africa.
    Central Europe
    The Poles and Russians decided to bully the Lithuanians erasing them from the campaign map, but that allowed HRE to crush Poland, making their protectorate. HRE is also fighting Kiev in the area around modern Lviv and they managed to defeat the Hungarians, although they finally allied with them, in order to successfully resist against the Byzzies, who are the undisputable rulers of the Balkan Penninsula. Well, they were, until I decided to colonize Greece and the Fatimids to capture Edirne and Istanbul. I quickly recaptured them, but of course I didn't give them back to their former roman rulers.
    Italy
    Northern Italy witnessed the destruction of dozens of Genoese and Venetian armies, without any side being able to secure victory. That perfectly served the Byzantine interests, allowing them to conquer Naples, Rome, Tuscany and Venice, threatening the Germans and Lombardy. In fact, they were so threatening that I decided to launch a full-scale attack against their empire, from Greece, Sicily, Corsica and Sardinia. Lots of bloody battles, but a heroic victory in the marshes of Veneto made sure that Italy and the Balkans would be part of the French Empire (btw, I also conquered Genoa, bypassing three full-stacks thanks to some cannons and an amphibious assault).
    Eastern Europe
    Novgorod was limited to the northern tundra, while eastern russia was controlled by the Cumans and the rest by Kiev. Kiev captured Crimea from the Byzzies, using it later as a base for a new expedition that captured all the eastern Asia Minor, reaching the borders of Syria. However, the Fatimids crushed the Russian armies of Asia and then the Mongols appeared! They captured everything east of the Black Sea, conquering the last Cuman stronghold in Dagestan, which was by then a protectorate of the Khwarezmian Empire. However, the Mongols were defeated in western Ukraine, allowing me to occupy Crimea and Hypanis, destroying the Mongol hordes with a suicidal army, perfectly designed to kill family members. The collapse of the Golden Horde cleared the way for the Russians of Novgorod to form a new empire, in the lands previously held by Cumans, Kievans, Mongols and Khwarezmians.
    Asia
    Thanks to a crusade called by a friendly Pope, I managed to keep the light armies of Egypt in check, although they had already vanqished Outremer and afterr a couple of turns, I was forced to give them up, in exchange with a large sum of money. The Khwarezmians expanded very modestly, until they got mad for an unkown reason, quickly blitzing the Turks (they're still alive in Oman) and the Cumans, turning them into protectorates. So, the Byzzies and the Fatimids decided to bang them together, a decision that resulted into half a dozen of heroic victories battlemarks in Syria and the Khwarezmians conquering Palaestine. Then the Mongols attacked from behind and razed Iran, until the Khwarezmians crushed them in Baghdad, recapturing Iran and Turkestan, although they finally lost Syria to the Egyptians. Then the Timurds came, reblitzing Iran, but also being crushed by the Khwarezmians, who recaptured for a second time Iran/Turkestan and for the first time Syria and decorating the campaign map with heroic victories and lists of dishonoured Mongol generals...
    That's, in a few words, the world of 14444, with a french superpower in the West and a Khwarezmian one in the East. Both winners have been repped.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; July 07, 2015 at 05:41 AM.

Macunaíma's Avatar Campidoctor

New map!

Turn 50
    Treasury 87735
    Stainless Steel 6.4 M/M

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

Lithuania

Skald's Avatar Decanus

Agreed, should be Lithuania!

After your hint, I am changing to Byzzies!

ps: thanks for reviving this thread!
    Last edited by Skald; August 04, 2015 at 01:01 AM.

Lithuania

Civis

Lithuania

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

Denmark
    Ok, this is confusing, I have no idea. I will randomly guess Kievan Rus.
    Last edited by tudor93; August 03, 2015 at 11:24 AM.
    Înfrânt nu eşti atunci când sângeri,
    nici ochii când în lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele înfrângeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Sicily.

Lithuania's expansion doesn't look very neat. I'll say the Ηoly Roman Empire, just to add some flavour to the guessing.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; August 04, 2015 at 06:32 AM.

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Changing to Kingdom of England
    Last edited by Treaper; August 02, 2015 at 02:29 AM.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Denmark.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

D​enmark!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Tiro
    in a plane flying lightspeed from hotseat world to hotseat world
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Looked at your hint: kwazemarz were already guessed so Its most likely Novgorod but hey,!

I'll go for Egypt

Edit: wow why did I just type England..

Now let's go to the more obvious choice
    I vote Egypt as you have a huge amount of money a settlement in the north
    You had called a jihad on Jerusalem which the Turks took from you soon after
    You then left the Turks to die against the kwazemarz

Theory #2 you gave Jerusalem to the Turks in exchange for a substantial amount of money, or an alliance
    Then whent on to conquer Medina and Mecca
    After a crusade on Cairo you needed the money and gained tons from the trade etc in that area
    Last edited by english RAF commander; August 01, 2015 at 07:37 AM.

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Lithuania

Lord of Cats's Avatar Vicarius

I'll switch to France. ~ Cats
    Last edited by Lord of Cats; August 03, 2015 at 01:07 PM.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

I will also go for... changed to... France!
    Last edited by Mausolos of Caria; August 01, 2015 at 08:24 AM.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Battlefield's Avatar Civis

Change to Egypt
    Last edited by Battlefield; August 01, 2015 at 08:52 AM.
    Rome Total War mods
    INVASIO BARBARORVM | Roma Surrectum | Rome Total Realism
    Medieval 2 Total War mods
    Stainless Steel | Europa Barbarorum II | Broken Crescent

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

Lithuania
    Kievan Rus
    Last edited by nikzi76; August 01, 2015 at 03:56 AM.

Hope that I am not too late : Byzantine Empire